Author Topic: Guardian: CAL and Judical Review  (Read 2811 times)

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
Re: Guardian: CAL and Judical Review
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 09:07:PM »
Absolute disgrace. That says everything about the police. So they pick and choose who sees what. Could Essex Police look even more of a joke
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Online nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 02:42:PM »
no wonder people lose appeals.

they clearly they have somthin to hide.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 12:15:AM by nugnug »

Offline lookout

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 04:01:PM »
Goodness me, I hadn't known about this as I haven't been reading anything about the case for a while. 

Obviously, reading about info. etc. being given to an author in favour of a legal team tells me that CAL had given the impression that she was writing/referring to guilt so police wouldn't have hesitated in sending her as much info as was possible, of course they would. The more that's written referring to guilt, the better for Essex police, they're not going to supply material to any legal team or anyone who thinks he's innocent are they ?
This certainly won't go down well at the next review.

Jackie, it goes beyond a joke---it's deceit on a grand scale. Someone's life they've taken, the police may as well have shot JB, they wouldn't have been less thought of when you read of what goes on. 

Offline lookout

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 04:32:PM »
I wonder what the reason/s were for an adjournment ?

Offline David1819

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 09:47:PM »
Good to see you back Roch. 👍

Thought the virus may have got you.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 10:09:PM »
Goodness me, I hadn't known about this as I haven't been reading anything about the case for a while. 

Obviously, reading about info. etc. being given to an author in favour of a legal team tells me that CAL had given the impression that she was writing/referring to guilt so police wouldn't have hesitated in sending her as much info as was possible, of course they would. The more that's written referring to guilt, the better for Essex police, they're not going to supply material to any legal team or anyone who thinks he's innocent are they ?
This certainly won't go down well at the next review.

Jackie, it goes beyond a joke---it's deceit on a grand scale. Someone's life they've taken, the police may as well have shot JB, they wouldn't have been less thought of when you read of what goes on.

Sometimes you have to step away from this because of the wickedness that has gone on and I include CAL in that because she did her best to mislead the public about the truth. Vile women
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Online nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 12:16:AM »
Sometimes you have to step away from this because of the wickedness that has gone on and I include CAL in that because she did her best to mislead the public about the truth. Vile women

so what esex police hiding then or maybe the dont actully know themselves they just think it might benfit the defence.

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 11:14:AM »
It certainly was a very bad move that the material which was sent by Essex police to a two-bit author and wasn't even considered when requested by JB or his legal team ?
I can understand that the  police officers who were on the original case have retired or died and that " new recruits " , especially those who've never studied the case, would think nothing of sending old murder case notes, but are these the same officers who also refused the legal team ? 

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 11:22:AM »
Look what happened to that other idiot author who got carried away with his " musings " ! What couldn't be presented as the truth was fabricated.
" Be Sure Your Sin Will Find You Out " Num 32:23.

Online nugnug

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 01:46:PM »
mind you the met were still refusing to realse files on jack the ripper and i cant think why seeing as everybody involved in the case is now dead

maybe its just a thing with the police the dont like the plebs seeing what thy have got.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 09:36:PM »
The Judicial Review of Jeremy Bamber was heard today Via Skype by the Honorourable Mr Justice Knowles and was on Jeremy Bamber's application adjourned

Press Statement

Jeremy Bamber continues to pursue his judicial review against the Director of Public Prosecutions over serious non disclosures and non-compliance with previous Court of Appeal orders .

The matter came before the Honorarable Mr Justice Knowles on 1st May 2020 . On the 30th April we received from the Crown a Skeleton Argument which raised a significant amount of material upon which fairness dictated that Jeremy Bamber should be able to comment upon

The Crown opposed the application to adjourn but it was granted .

Accordingly the matter has now been adjourned until 29th May and we expect to file a robust response to the Crown in advance of the hearing

At this stage no skeleton arguments will be released from the case but the Court will reconsider release once the amended skeleton argument has been filed .

Mark Newby, solicitor

Offline David1819

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 10:44:AM »

That's good to hear. (I think)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 03:42:PM »
That's good to hear. (I think)

Perhaps ngb can interpret and provide an opinion. 

A cynic might wonder whether the Crown attempted to blindside the defence by submitting a skeleton argument the day prior to the hearing.  However, such a submission immediately prior to the hearing may simply be commonplace within court practice? 

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:42:PM by Roch »

Offline David1819

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 07:24:PM »
Perhaps ngb can interpret and provide an opinion. 

A cynic might wonder whether the Crown attempted to blindside the defence by submitting a skeleton argument the day prior to the hearing.  However, such a submission immediately prior to the hearing may simply be commonplace within court practice?

I guess it all depends on what Newby is actually after.