Author Topic: is the suicide note part of the appeal  (Read 266 times)

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
is the suicide note part of the appeal
« on: April 16, 2020, 06:38:PM »
does anybody know if the sucide note is part of the appeal.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:28:PM by nugnug »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Re: is the suicide note part of the appeal
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 09:07:AM »
The problem being, that there existed 'several different investigations' and ('separated' departmental files) ongoing at the time of the shootings, and inevitably, since. With the underlying consequence, that Jeremy Bambers prosecution and convictions relied on regurgitated evidence contained as part of these other ongoing departmental investigations / files, which were edited, or that information, evidence, and crime scene videos and photographs of the murder / suicide scene, including the suicide note, and the two bibles, were not  relied upon by the CPS, Essex police Headquarters, and Witham police officers, or indeed, forensic evidence, in the case brought against Jeremy Bamber - he did not get convicted by the jury on a reliance upon any evidence that was not being relied upon by the prosecuting authorities (SC/688/85 and other investigations / files), but the evidence, or information from or to many witnesses, or experts in the instant case (SC/786/85), investigation, or file....

Much of the concealment of crucial evidence which never surfaced publicly in time to aid Jeremy Bambers defence at the time of his trial (October 1986), and since, was withheld under Pii rules and regulations...

The 'suicide note', fell into this / that category!

Essex police had a number of different investigations (SC/688/85, SC/786/85, and several other crime referenced filesd) ongoing in connection with Jeremy Bamber, his associates, and in  particular, white house farm and its useful location, which interested the drug squad, Custom and excise, Special Branch, Interpol, etc, etc, etc, who would have their own crime referenced files of their own, which set it apart from the other departmental investigations or files...

Many of these (if not all) shared some of the information or evidence contained in their own files, with other departmental investigations (a different file, altogether)...

So, the handwritten suicide note, was not part of the investigation / prosecution (SC/786/85) relied upon to prosecute and convict Jeremy Bamber, and it was suggested that the note itself must have been destroyed, or at least no longer existed (whereas in one or another departmental file  it did, or does...

Special Branch, and the security services, had a separate investigation into the deaths of each victim (five in total), which differs considerably from the two now known Essex police investigations (SC/688/85 and SC/786/85)...

I have evidence in my possession which confirms the existence of four of the five separate investigations / files..

'ABRACADABRA', now you see it, now you don't...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:27:AM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:33:AM »
does anybody know if the sucide note is part of the appeal.

It will depend on two factors as to 'whether or not' an appellate court will allow any fresh evidence not relied upon or known about at the time of the case that was brought successfully against Bamber. I presume, the Crown will argue that any such fresh 'so called' evidence  falls under the Pii rules and that for this reason alone, it should not be admissible in any future appeal hearing(s)...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:37:AM »
It will depend on two factors as to 'whether or not' an appellate court will allow any fresh evidence not relied upon or known about at the time of the case that was brought successfully against Bamber. I presume, the Crown will argue that any such fresh 'so called' evidence  falls under the Pii rules and that for this reason alone, it should not be admissible in any future appeal hearing(s)...

The suicide note (and in particular its contents) did not exist at the time of Bambers prosecution, whilst at the same time, it did - If the suicide note had been available to Jeremy Bambers defence team, at the time of his trial, would its contents have made a difference to the verdict of the jury?

Offline lookout

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 12:35:PM »
I can't understand why all this stuff wasn't gathered within the 12 months before the trial and used then.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 01:19:PM »
well sme people are disputin that the the sucide note exists so im just trying to fid out if it does i wold asume it would have to be part of the appeal.

Offline lookout

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 01:39:PM »
I do know only too well about delays in handing over vital evidence from the Eddie Gilfoyle case when police were " sitting on " diaries from the deceased which clearly stated that attempts on suicide were written by the deceased. These diaries came to light 16 years through Eddie's sentence but it was another couple of years before he was released on licence.

I imagine some form of suicide note does exist and would imagine that it would definitely form an important part of any forthcoming appeal. 

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 01:45:PM »
It's obviously been tested that it was written in Sheila's hand.

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 01:46:PM »
Even JB himself wasn't aware of it.

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 01:54:PM »
well sme people are disputin that the the sucide note exists so im just trying to fid out if it does i wold asume it would have to be part of the appeal.

Only those who believe that JB was responsible for the killings would also dispute the suicide note too.

Offline nugnug

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 03:24:PM »
well if they do pruduce a suicide not i cant see how an appeal could be refused.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 07:13:PM »
well if they do pruduce a suicide not i cant see how an appeal could be refused.

How do we (any of us really know) when (if) Sheila may have written that suicide note, even if she did, or have?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 07:14:PM by mike tesko »

Offline nugnug

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 11:29:PM »
How do we (any of us really know) when (if) Sheila may have written that suicide note, even if she did, or have?

i suppose they could try and say jeremy wrote it but if that was the case and could be proved why would they  suppress it.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 05:02:AM »
i suppose they could try and say jeremy wrote it but if that was the case and could be proved why would they  suppress it.

That is an interesting point - but based upon the fact that the prosecutions case file which was relied upon to prosecute and convict Jeremy Bamber of these murders, a case of 'five murders', not 'four murders and a suicide' the existence of the handwritten suicide note, almost certainly written by Sheila's hand, would not have sat well, with the prosecutions claim that Sheila had also been murdered! Hence, why the suicide note forms no part of the police investigation / CPS case file (SC/786/85)! It had to be excluded, otherwise the prosecution would almost certainly have shot themselves in the foot!

The suicide note, was part of the original Essex police investigation (SC/688/85), at a time when the incident at whf was being treated as one of 'four murders, and a suicide'. The suicide note being a significant factor in convincing Essex police that Sheila had been responsible for shooting dead other family members and then taking her own life...

On this footing, two different police investigations, transformed within a month of one another. Firstly, a case of 'four murders and a suicide'(case file - SC/688/85) 7th August 1985, until 6th September 1985; the second, a case of 'five murders' (case file _ SC/786/85), 7th September 1985, onwards! The suicide note relied upon heavily to support the first investigation (SC/688/85), but discarded from inclusion in the second part of the police investigation (SC/786/85)...

From 7th September 1985, the police and the prosecution, set about editing parts of the evidence in case file SC/688/85, that could be carried over into case file SC/786/85, and relied upon to prosecute Jeremy Bamber, for the murders!