Author Topic: Differences in blood:  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Adam

Differences in blood:
« on: March 19, 2020, 05:30:PM »
'Menstrual blood is different from normal blood due to its composition and its physical properties.'

--------

This rules out the blood in the bucket theory. If Huntingdon were able to determine that was Sheila's blood, they would be able to determine it was not related to the massacre.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:33:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline lookout

Re: Differences in blood:
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 10:25:PM »
Different only when tested. All blood smells the same with metallic overtones on account of the iron content so AE was wrong when she said she could tell the difference either by smell or colour.

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 02:54:AM »
I have doubts about that, as I've never heard of an iron compound that has an intrinsic smell at normal temperatures.

Offline Adam

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 07:01:AM »
Different only when tested. All blood smells the same with metallic overtones on account of the iron content so AE was wrong when she said she could tell the difference either by smell or colour.

If the relatives were going to attempt such an intricate frame, you would think they would check to see if it was the right type of blood.

Getting caught attempting to frame a man of 5x murder would carry a severe punishment.

However it is confirmed the relatives could only attempt this by putting someone else's blood into the silencer. Then hopeing it matches Sheila's.

David's blood in a bucket of water theory is dismissed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 11:29:AM by Adam »

Offline lookout

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 11:28:AM »
I have doubts about that, as I've never heard of an iron compound that has an intrinsic smell at normal temperatures.

It's a metallic smell---I worked in a hospital.

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 11:33:AM »
If the relatives were going to attempt such an intricate frame, you would think they would check to see if it was the right type of blood.

Getting caught attempting to frame a man of 5x murder would carry a severe punishment.

However it is confirmed the relatives could only attempt this by putting someone else's blood into the silencer. Then hopeing it matches Sheila's.

David's blood in the bucket theory is dismissed.

The relatives were only following police instructions--needless to say they weren't disagreeing  or arguing with what was said ! What would police know about blood and their contents ? They also had listened to what the relatives/ AE had to say. Nothing was disputed either way  :o

Offline lookout

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 11:54:AM »
BTW, when Colin wrote his worryingly desperate letter to hand to Nevill, it wasn't and didn't involve Jeremy !!

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 02:59:PM »
It's a metallic smell---I worked in a hospital.
I know that, and I'm not doubting the distinctive smell. However, it's attributed to compounds such as "1-octen-2-one", which has a strong "fungal-metallic" odour - iron can be involved in its formation, but it doesn't contain any iron.

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 03:13:PM »
I know that, and I'm not doubting the distinctive smell. However, it's attributed to compounds such as "1-octen-2-one", which has a strong "fungal-metallic" odour - iron can be involved in its formation, but it doesn't contain any iron.

My whole point was that unless the blood had been tested there was no knowing from where in the body it came from, external injuries or the uterus. You can't tell just by smelling it as AE did then have everyone believe her----it's farcical and makes a complete mockery of the investigation.

Offline David1819

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 04:12:PM »
'Menstrual blood is different from normal blood due to its composition and its physical properties.'

--------

This rules out the blood in the bucket theory
. If Huntingdon were able to determine that was Sheila's blood, they would be able to determine it was not related to the massacre.

Wrong.

Huntingdon only carried out ABO blood tests on the blood. They would be unable to tell any difference. Nor did any such technology exist back than to establish a difference.

Offline David1819

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 04:14:PM »

David's blood in a bucket of water theory is dismissed.

Dismissed in the mind of Adam doesn’t have any effect on reality.

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 04:33:PM »
Nor did any such technology exist back than to establish a difference.
It wouldn't require sophisticated technology to establish that the blood had been watered down, but if it didn't occur to them to test that possibility, it might be impossible to establish it later on.

Offline Adam

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 05:00:PM »
Wrong.

Huntingdon only carried out ABO blood tests on the blood. They would be unable to tell any difference. Nor did any such technology exist back than to establish a difference.

Sources required.

Offline Adam

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 05:08:PM »
It wouldn't require sophisticated technology to establish that the blood had been watered down, but if it didn't occur to them to test that possibility, it might be impossible to establish it later on.

If they were able to determine watered down blood put in a silencer matched Sheila's, they would be able to determine what type of blood it was.

Offline Adam

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 06:54:PM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.plim.fr/en/content/19-about-menstrual-blood&ved=2ahUKEwittveunKzoAhWKUcAKHW06AUcQFjACegQIDRAH&usg=AOvVaw2_n7QAkfEX2cIRFRmsjOs-

Obviously Huntington would have tested to see if it was human blood. Then tested to see if it matched any of the deceased.

There is no possibility they would not have noticed it was not blood from the massacre. Or tested for confirmation.

The relatives would also investigate whether watered down period blood could be used or whether it would be determined as the wrong type of blood.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:11:AM by Adam »