Author Topic: JB Blog (Drama & Press Articles)  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:04:AM by Roch »

Offline lookout

Re: JB Blog (Drama & Press Articles)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 12:04:PM »
So presumably this was the first time that Jeremy had been aware of this " note " even though it must have been squirrelled away ? Wouldn't/ shouldn't this mean a " get out of jail free, card ?".

Offline lookout

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 12:13:PM »
This is sounding like the Eddie Gilfoyle case where Merseyside police were " sitting on " Paula's diaries for 16 years while Eddie was still in prison. Diaries which stated her attempts at previous suicides and which clearly gave an insight on her state of mind. Eddie was then released on licence in 2010 but has remained in place since, probably to save face given the blunders in that case too. 

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 04:51:PM »
This is sounding like the Eddie Gilfoyle case where Merseyside police were " sitting on " Paula's diaries for 16 years while Eddie was still in prison. Diaries which stated her attempts at previous suicides and which clearly gave an insight on her state of mind. Eddie was then released on licence in 2010 but has remained in place since, probably to save face given the blunders in that case too.

I was thinking along similar lines. Shocking really. If it wasn't genuine, they could have used it against Jeremy, as part of the whole 'tried to set up his sister to take the blame for the killings' trope.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 06:07:PM »
The problem with the Eddie Gilfoyle case was that he had asked his wife to practise writing out suicide notes for a non-existent course he professed to have been taking connected with his employment. As for any suicide note in Sheila's case police had no reason to cover one up at that stage and DCI Jones never mentioned one. I wonder if the one DS Stan Jones was referring to was the "Love One Another" note in June's handwriting tucked into the bible and there for all to see?

Jeremy's avowal of love for Sheila rings hollow to many who have studied the case in depth. In the latter months of her life Sheila kept her distance. One incident stays in my mind at a party, where she dialled Jeremy's number at Colin's behest, only to pass the receiver onto him, not wishing to engage in conversation with him herself. This stands alongside other anecdotes from Jeremy himself hinting at the animosity between the pair. Of course this does not in itself confirm Jeremy murdered five, though leaving Julie's evidence aside one speculates as to why he promotes such stories, hoping that in the passage of time the protagonists' memories may have faded to such a degree that these falsehoods will be swallowed whole by a gullible populace.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:19:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 08:15:PM »
A suicide note hidden by the police. A phone call from Nevill withheld. Taff knowing Jeremy was innocent.

It seems Jeremy and  the CT believe it was an industrial frame.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:16:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 09:18:PM »
Jeremy had been raised by his parents not to be boastful..http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3878.msg159558.html#msg159558

Many people who have money or come into wealth at some time are boastful, especially if you're an obnoxious 24 year old. It's a horrible trait but at the same time it's never a green light to commit murder.
I was reading about the actor Craig Charles who as a youngster was thrown into the limelight and earning what he'd only dreamed of.

He'd described himself as being unreliable, cocky and always late. He just wasn't prepared for the fame and wealth that came his way. Friends came and went and the family had a fall-out resulting in him not speaking to his brother for years.

His brother died while he was in Australia filming " I'm a celebrity " in 2014 to which he immediately left the show to fly home. Craig's lasting legacy is that he never got to make amends with his brother or have a conversation.
He was probably the same age as JB  was at the time of his wealth.

Offline arthur

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 01:14:AM »
I don't know that this note proves anything one way or the other. Unless it has been verified as being written by Sheila. Did the note just simply read.."I've killed myself"...just seems a bit short. If someone murders, then wants to pin the murders on one of the victimes, well then a suicide note would be of great help in achieving that aim.And keeping it short and obviously to the point makes it easier to allegedly forge.

Any related evidence on the note, fingerprints, bloodstained or not, again does not prove to much.

I mean did the Police check with Colin Caffell to see if he could identify the handwriting. Mr.Caffell was obviously extreamly distraught so may be the Police didn't check the handwriting with him or anybody else. In which case, if the Police still have the note surely it should be shown to Jeremy Bamber defence team and admitted into evidence.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:16:AM by arthur »

Offline arthur

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 03:02:PM »
If Mr.Jeremy Bamber did carry out the murders and he was obviously convicted, then everything in WHF connected to the crime should've been questioned as to the veracity. Every single aspect of the crime should be viewed with deep suspicion.And every single version of events must be considered. Planting of any note included.

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 12:59:AM »
So presumably this was the first time that Jeremy had been aware of this " note " even though it must have been squirrelled away ? Wouldn't/ shouldn't this mean a " get out of jail free, card ?".
https://jeremybamber.blogspot.com/2020/03/reflections-on-recent-media.html?m=1
    This is something of a revelation, to say the least. The statement given by DS Jones in 2002 to the Metropolitan police seems unequivocal and the obvious following questions are left begging.
    "you don't go hunting for things if you've got four murders and a suicide if you've got someone saying I've just killed myself, you don't start searching cupboards upstairs in the other rooms, because you've got a note saying I've killed myself so it was treated as four murders and a suicide, completely different."
    This is a direct quote of DS Jones. What else can it possibly mean other than the obvious interpretation. Sheila wrote a suicide note.
    Why was this hidden from the defence and only discovered a year ago?

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 08:53:AM »
    This is something of a revelation, to say the least. The statement given by DS Jones in 2002 to the Metropolitan police seems unequivocal and the obvious following questions are left begging.
    "you don't go hunting for things if you've got four murders and a suicide if you've got someone saying I've just killed myself, you don't start searching cupboards upstairs in the other rooms, because you've got a note saying I've killed myself so it was treated as four murders and a suicide, completely different."
    This is a direct quote of DS Jones. What else can it possibly mean other than the obvious interpretation. Sheila wrote a suicide note.

Agreed Gringo, so many questions.  Of course many who are convinced he is guilty will put their own spin on this revellation but such opinions are worthless.   Only the truth from those still living is of value.

Offline Bill Robertson

• In my opinion
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 09:51:AM »

It was hidden from the defence for the obvious reason that Michael Ainsley wanted to falsely convict Jeremy of 5 murders. Why was it only discovered a year ago? I actually found the quotation nearly two years ago when I was asked to review some materials related to the Met Police Stokenchurch enquiry. It was a record of a discussion on 6th August 2002. Retired DS21 Stan Jones was interviewed by DCI Jeanette McDiarmid and DI Paul Brown. This was in relation to the kitchen telephone at White House Farm. Because Stan Jones loved the sound of his own voice he couldn't resist going 'off-topic'. So, when the discussion was supposed to be about the cream coloured kitchen telephone he just suddenly started talking about the suicide note.

Jones was clearly saying that the police had possession of a suicide note and they knew it was a case of four murders and suicide. Neither police officer picked up on this or questioned him further on this subject. Why? Because the 'system' had convicted Jeremy of murder and the 'system' was not interested in evidence that indicated that he was innocent.

If the Stokenchurch investigators had been competent and diligent they would have realised immediately that Jones had admitted to something of major consequence in Jeremy’s defence. What did they do? They changed the subject entirely; the next question to Jones was, “The point I’m trying to establish if you have knowledge of anybody…using any of the phone (sic) inside the house”. An honest and conscientious police officer keen to establish the truth would have probed Stan Jones further on the issue. For example, which suicide note? What did it say? What happened to it? Why was it not made known to Jeremy’s defence lawyers? Who made the decision to deny the fact of its existence?

Instead, DCI McDiarmid and DI Brown have walked around for the past 18 years in the knowledge that Jeremy is innocent and locked up and it seems that they don't care. They did their job in the Stokenchurch enquiry, which was to make sure that no evidence emerged that would compromise Jeremy's convictions for murder.

Why was this not known before 2018? Because there are an estimated 4 million pages of documentation related to the case and it takes a long time for a very small team of people to read through it all. And we are people who are not paid, not full-time employees, fitting in our research when we have spare time and we have other responsibilities apart from trying to help Jeremy. Hopefully the discovery of this evidence related to the suicide note will contribute to Jeremy's release.
Julie’s going to Low Newton; remember to pack a toothbrush you lying toe rag, in my opinion

Offline lookout

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 10:34:AM »
So in effect, the " psychopaths " in existence in this case are those who've calmly gone through life KNOWING that an innocent man is festering in a cell.
Those who've called Jeremy a psychopath over these years should think again.
Would/could these same accusers do the same that has been done to Jeremy ?
 Of course they would/could----without a shadow of doubt !!

Very interesting post Bill, thankyou for that. Keep up the marvellous work.

Offline lookout

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 11:23:AM »
I don't know that this note proves anything one way or the other. Unless it has been verified as being written by Sheila. Did the note just simply read.."I've killed myself"...just seems a bit short. If someone murders, then wants to pin the murders on one of the victimes, well then a suicide note would be of great help in achieving that aim.And keeping it short and obviously to the point makes it easier to allegedly forge.

Any related evidence on the note, fingerprints, bloodstained or not, again does not prove to much.

I mean did the Police check with Colin Caffell to see if he could identify the handwriting. Mr.Caffell was obviously extreamly distraught so may be the Police didn't check the handwriting with him or anybody else. In which case, if the Police still have the note surely it should be shown to Jeremy Bamber defence team and admitted into evidence.

The way I see it is that this note had been picked up by " Taff " Jones who'd initially verified the tragedy as a murder/suicide given the " written clue ", which he would then have passed to Stan Jones who'd hung on to it, but who had other thoughts in mind.
 Murder/suicide was too easy a case to have solved and wouldn't have involved as much work as a murder case. He'd wanted more !
 Was SJ looking at his own plan of furthering his career from being an ordinary sergeant ?  I think so.