Author Topic: Notes from the Borderland [NFB]  (Read 787 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Notes from the Borderland [NFB]
« on: August 09, 2020, 12:04:AM »
Has anyone heard of Larry O'Harra and Notes from the Borderland?  It's actually a print magazine.  The website is secondary to the magazine.

https://www.borderland.co.uk
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 12:05:AM by Roch »

guest29835

Re: Notes from the Borderland [NFB]
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 07:31:AM »
Has anyone heard of Larry O'Harra and Notes from the Borderland?  It's actually a print magazine.  The website is secondary to the magazine.

https://www.borderland.co.uk

I have.  I was a regular reader and have in my possession hard copies of his publications. 

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 09:56:AM »
I have.  I was a regular reader and have in my possession hard copies of his publications.

I was thinking of getting one or two myself. They're not very expensive for something that's probably had a lot of work put in to it.

guest29835

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 04:09:PM »
I was thinking of getting one or two myself. They're not very expensive for something that's probably had a lot of work put in to it.

I don't share Dr. O'Hara's politics, but his writing is of high quality and his work is highly informative.  He offers what I would call an 'evidence-based approach' to alternative political analysis.  He is the polar opposite of Richard Hall in that respect.  I would say that Dr. O'Hara practically invented the field of parapolitics in Britain, certainly parapolitical investigative journalism at any rate. 

That gave me thought and I just looked up what Dr. O'Hara might have to say about Thomas Mair, and to my horror I find that he may have granted an interview to the one and same Richard Hall!  I suppose I'll have to watch it at some stage.  Get the popcorn out.

Anyway, Dr. O'Hara is particularly good on the links between leftist extremism and the state.  Dr. O'Hara is an anti-fascist himself, yet he is critical of state-led active anti-fascism.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 11:03:PM »
I don't share Dr. O'Hara's politics, but his writing is of high quality and his work is highly informative.  He offers what I would call an 'evidence-based approach' to alternative political analysis.  He is the polar opposite of Richard Hall in that respect.  I would say that Dr. O'Hara practically invented the field of parapolitics in Britain, certainly parapolitical investigate journalism at any rate. 

That gave me thought and I just looked up what Dr. O'Hara might have to say about Thomas Mair, and to my horror I find that he may have granted an interview to the one and same Richard Hall!  I suppose I'll have to watch it at some stage.  Get the popcorn out.

Anyway, Dr. O'Hara is particularly good on the links between leftist extremism and the state.  Dr. O'Hara is an anti-fascist himself, yet he is critical of state-led active anti-fascism.

Yes I've been reading a few odds and ends on that site.  I watched the videos featuring O'Harra as a media pundit but the one vs Shayler was unavailable.

I also watched the Hall interviews - it's a three parter and O'Harra can certainly talk.  I found it quite illuminating regarding his stated position, and they did visit a good number of events and cases stretching quite far back.  I first saw O'Harra and NFB mentioned in Hall's 'Who Killed Jill?' videos.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:05:PM by Roch »

guest29835

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 01:08:PM »
Yes I've been reading a few odds and ends on that site.  I watched the videos featuring O'Harra as a media pundit but the one vs Shayler was unavailable.

I also watched the Hall interviews - it's a three parter and O'Harra can certainly talk.  I found it quite illuminating regarding his stated position, and they did visit a good number of events and cases stretching quite far back.  I first saw O'Harra and NFB mentioned in Hall's 'Who Killed Jill?' videos.

I'll watch it and let you know what I think.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 06:45:PM »

Are you also familiar with this site? https://off-guardian.org/

I think it was formed by commentators censored or banned by The Guardian's comments section.

Offline David1819

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 09:12:PM »

I think it was formed by commentators censored or banned by The Guardian's comments section.

That’s a Russian owned fake news website.

guest29835

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 09:55:PM »

I am.  I used to read it, but to be honest, it's a bit tame for me.  Unz.com is a bit more up my street.  That should get David going.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 10:37:PM »
That’s a Russian owned fake news website.

Well the real Guardian is piss poor. It's not really guarding anyone.  What's your paper of choice.. The Cinncinatti Bugle?

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 01:11:AM »
I am.  I used to read it, but to be honest, it's a bit tame for me.  Unz.com is a bit more up my street.  That should get David going.
   Unz.com has probably the best archive of historical text on the internet as well as giving a platform to varied and excellent contributors writing today. It is probably the most informative source for anyone with an interest in geopolitics.