Author Topic: Hi im new here.  (Read 736 times)

Offline Coffeecat

Hi im new here.
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:12:AM »
Hi everyone, I am watching the TV series and im really enjoying it, i do remember it all happening in the 80s.
Can anyone recommend a good book?
I noticed that one of the two books the series is based on (Carol Ann Lee), isnt even included in the "books" pictures. That is the book i was intending on buying.
Thanks

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: Hi im new here.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 11:18:AM »
Hi everyone, I am watching the TV series and im really enjoying it, i do remember it all happening in the 80s.
I noticed that one of the two books the series is based on (Carol Ann Lee), isnt even included in the "books" pictures. That is the book i was intending on buying.
Thanks

CAL's book is well written.  However, I strongly suggest you read all the * and ** reviews on Amazon, prior to purchase and reading.  It is not the definitive account that it's claimed to be. 

Supporters of innocence or of a potential miscarriage of justice prefer Scott Lomax' book.  However, you should read the * and ** reviews for that also. 

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:19:AM by Roch »

Offline David1819

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:22:AM »
Welcome to the forum  :)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 03:54:PM »
Thanks

HI,

CAL's book is an excellent choice, also Rodger Wilkes which was written just after the murders, I believe it's just been recently updated.

As Roch said, read the reviews BUT bear in mind that most were written by innocent supporters so are pretty much biased.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 08:39:PM »
Welcome Coffecat. The four main books on the case are:

The Murders At White House Farm-Carol Ann Lee. A forensic approach, very well documented and I could recommend.

In Search of the Rainbow's End-Colin Caffell.  Heartfelt, moving. One man's effort to find something positive from the wreckage.

Blood Relations-Roger Wilkes. A chronological account of how the murders came about. Good forensically discussing the aftermath of the trial and its implications.

Murder at White House Farm-Clare Powell. A more personal, intimate account, especially good on Sheila.

There's a good thread started by egap1, one of the best threads here, entitled Murder/Suicide at White House Farm, but I can't locate it.