Author Topic: The guardian  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: The guardian
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2020, 09:22:PM »
For the benefit of new readers who haven't read David Shaw's account, you can start reading it by using this link. Bear in mind that this account was never finished and comes across as partly made up.

The link doesn't work.  Or at least, the link on the YKWKYDY page doesn't work.  I would like to access this work to read it again myself.  Anyone know of any other links?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:22:PM by Roch »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2020, 09:42:PM »
The link doesn't work.  Or at least, the link on the YKWKYDY page doesn't work.  I would like to access this work to read it again myself.  Anyone know of any other links?
I don't know why it disappeared. There was another article "By Dawn They Were Dead", which seems to be available via the Times newspaper. I can only find Part 6 of the first one. http://youknowwhokilledyoudontyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/innocent-man-part-6david-shaw.html

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-bamber-murders-and-by-dawn-they-were-all-dead-wjjsf7rphrf
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:45:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2020, 09:43:PM »

My mistake, I was clicking on the wrong thing.

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2020, 02:25:PM »
In case others make a similar slip, scroll down on each page to get past the picture. On the first page, there is a contents list, then the introduction.  Chapters 16 onwards are mentioned in the contents list, but seem never to have been written. To continue reading beyond the introduction, use the Newer Post link below the end of the introduction (or whatever subsequent part has been read). After Part 7, the title changes from "An Innocent Man" to "The Innocent Man". The book continues until Part 16 (which contains Chapter 15). The Newer Post links then link to related material.

The book and related material were uploaded many years ago, so don't assume that they will remain indefinitely - I don't know whether the blog's author (SteelMagnolia) is still around. Google has cached various parts that I checked, but Google's copies may not remain indefinitely.

Offline Janet ((Formerly known as Takeshi))

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2020, 11:54:PM »
Remember reading this years ago. Such a shame we never got to see Chapters 16 through 19 *sigh*.
"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" - William Blackstone

Offline Janet ((Formerly known as Takeshi))

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2020, 09:57:PM »
I have saved the Innocent Man as a pdf for those who are having trouble with the link.
"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" - William Blackstone