Author Topic: 20 Days Before Murders  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Romeo

20 Days Before Murders
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:39:PM »
 20 Days Before Murder. 

Sheila’s financial help from June  - Was this the subject of the argument or discussion taking place in the kitchen on the night of the murders that JB spoke of. Was JB angry at June for giving financial help to Sheila?
18th July –  Sheila Caffell’s Birthday. 

CAL’s Book
(Basil Cock W/S 17th September 1985 )
Sheila turned 28 on the 18th July 1985 a few days prior to her birthday her mother contacted Basil Cock she felt the time had come for Sheila to manage her own financial affairs  Basil Cock recalled they agreed a figure of 3,000 payable each quarter as £750.00
On Sheila’s Birthday 18th July there was also Director’s meeting at Osea  Rd  where a row between Neville and Jeremy took place. 

CAL’s Book
( Ann Easton W/S  14th August 1991)
It was Neville with whom Jeremy had a blazing row at the Osea Rd directors meeting on 18th July. The ‘sudden flash of temper’ took Ann Easton ‘completely by surprise.  I can’t remember what it was about but my mother and father were there. I was surprised that  Uncle Neville  didn’t hit Jeremy, it was that heated. 

Offline lookout

Re: 20 Days Before Murders
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 10:33:AM »
It's just a book----based on fantasy.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 10:46:AM »
The ‘sudden flash of temper’ took Ann Easton ‘completely by surprise.  I can’t remember what it was about but my mother and father were there. I was surprised that Uncle Neville  didn’t hit Jeremy, it was that heated.

I wonder if she was surprised by her brother in law's flash of temper, when she found out he had thumped Nevill?

Offline lookout

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 11:22:AM »
I bet that wasn't even mentioned ! Or the fact that Nevill may have sported the remains of a black eye----that'll have conveniently been blamed on the murders. Fate plays a winning hand with some people !

Offline Romeo

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 10:37:PM »
It's just a book----based on fantasy.

Both quotes are from  Police Witness Statements.

Offline Romeo

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 10:45:PM »
According to Basil Cock June was arranging finances for Sheila to manage her life herself.... so I find it hard to believe JB's words that the family were having a row when he left that fateful night regarding Sheila moving back home, which she didn't want to do. Why would June be arranging monthly finances for Sheila if she ( June) wanted Sheila home to look after her and the twins?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 10:51:PM »
According to Basil Cock June was arranging finances for Sheila to manage her life herself.... so I find it hard to believe JB's words that the family were having a row when he left that fateful night regarding Sheila moving back home, which she didn't want to do. Why would June be arranging monthly finances for Sheila if she ( June) wanted Sheila home to look after her and the twins?
All fantasy on the part of Jeremy Romeo, which you did well to bring out.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 11:13:PM »
20 Days Before Murder. 

Sheila’s financial help from June  - Was this the subject of the argument or discussion taking place in the kitchen on the night of the murders that JB spoke of. Was JB angry at June for giving financial help to Sheila?
18th July –  Sheila Caffell’s Birthday. 

CAL’s Book
(Basil Cock W/S 17th September 1985 )
Sheila turned 28 on the 18th July 1985 a few days prior to her birthday her mother contacted Basil Cock she felt the time had come for Sheila to manage her own financial affairs  Basil Cock recalled they agreed a figure of 3,000 payable each quarter as £750.00
On Sheila’s Birthday 18th July there was also Director’s meeting at Osea  Rd  where a row between Neville and Jeremy took place. 

CAL’s Book
( Ann Easton W/S  14th August 1991)
It was Neville with whom Jeremy had a blazing row at the Osea Rd directors meeting on 18th July. The ‘sudden flash of temper’ took Ann Easton ‘completely by surprise.  I can’t remember what it was about but my mother and father were there. I was surprised that  Uncle Neville  didn’t hit Jeremy, it was that heated.

I think we have already established CAL makes stuff up to make money and she is also very happy for lies she has told reporters are put out in the public domain #twisted letters #hundreds of letter
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Romeo

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 02:26:PM »
I think we have already established CAL makes stuff up to make money and she is also very happy for lies she has told reporters are put out in the public domain #twisted letters #hundreds of letter

Don't be taken in that everyone feels the same as you because it's what you say and believe. I for one believe CALs book was very well written and factual, including copying of Witness Statements gained from the Police, yes she does imply JB is guilty... come to that so do I !  Others obviously believe in his innocence after maybe having read Scott Lomax Books.

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 02:31:PM »
Don't be taken in that everyone feels the same as you because it's what you say and believe. I for one believe CALs book was very well written and factual, including copying of Witness Statements gained from the Police, yes she does imply JB is guilty... come to that so do I !  Others obviously believe in his innocence after maybe having read Scott Lomax Books.

Strange how the relatives took a back seat in all this.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 02:35:PM »
Don't be taken in that everyone feels the same as you because it's what you say and believe. I for one believe CALs book was very well written and factual..  Others obviously believe in his innocence after maybe having read Scott Lomax Books.

That's a fair point in a way.  I've read both and find that Lomax highlights anomalies, discrepancies etc that point to possible wrongdoing, whereas CAL just lets people off the hook.  CAL seems to be one of those people who may have a staunch belief that the authorities 'know what they're doing' and 'are there to protect us' (i.e. should be trusted). Lomax opens a window in to how such authority (and the trust placed in it) is actually open to abuse.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:35:PM by Roch »

Offline Jan

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 04:57:PM »

She said she did not try and influence the reader when she was writing the book . It’s only since the drama that she has voiced her opinion.

However it does seem to have backfired on her a bit because I have seen plenty of people on social media saying the programme throws up more questions than answers .