Author Topic: An old poster coming back...  (Read 2085 times)

Offline TheBrilliantMistake

An old poster coming back...
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:56:PM »
I was last here some 5 years ago - possibly longer, then left.
I would say I am on 80% on the JB guilty side, but it has been so long since I last looked at the evidence (that which was publicly available).

Sadly, with the advent of the recent TV docudrama, it is likely that many forums will be rife with conjecture and speculation, plus that passage of time may not do the evidence many favours - but we shall see.

I have no intention of trying to prove anything. I think I'm fair-minded and rational, and intend to post in precisely that manner.

So, there you have it. Don't expect much from me immediately, I need to gather my thoughts and recall precisely where I was up to on this forum!

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
Re: An old poster coming back...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:58:PM »
I would say I am on 80% on the JB guilty side, but it has been so long since I last looked at the evidence (that which was publicly available).

Sadly, with the advent of the recent TV docudrama, it is likely that many forums will be rife with conjecture and speculation, plus that passage of time may not do the evidence many favours - but we shall see.

I have no intention of trying to prove anything. I think I'm fair-minded and rational, and intend to post in precisely that manner.

So, there you have it. Don't expect much from me immediately, I need to gather my thoughts and recall precisely where I was up to on this forum!

Welcome back.  I remember you being mentioned soon after I joined the forum.  I look forward to reading your posts.

Offline TheBrilliantMistake

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:23:PM »
I was 11 years ago.
My how time flies.

Some catching up to do!

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:26:PM »
I was 11 years ago.
My how time flies.

Some catching up to do!

There have been some changes here and many of the old faces have gone, but some are still here or have returned.  I believe Kaldin was here when you were here before, and Kaldin is a recent returner. 

Offline Libby Lobster

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 07:03:PM »
Goody I like Kaldin.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 10:52:PM »
We might get more old posters returning if the atmosphere on here was more cordial at times and less fractious.

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 11:56:PM »

Good to see you back TBM. You were one of the best guilty posters on the forum.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 09:31:AM »
The posts being replied to are old. TBM and Kaldin are not posting at the moment.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 09:43:AM »
'Everyone'  is welcome to return to 'this'  forum, to contribute 'a penniworth of their opinion' , on this, that, or the other..

Friend, or fo'..

'Have your say' , but be prepared for someone to critisiz your views...

It's a healthy process...

« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 09:44:AM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

guest29835

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 11:05:AM »
We might get more old posters returning if the atmosphere on here was more cordial at times and less fractious.

Would you agree that it is better to practice than to preach?

guest29835

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 11:07:AM »
'Have your say' , but be prepared for someone to critisiz your views...

It's a healthy process...

I heartily agree, but criticism is criticism.  There are some people on here who hide behind the concept to insult other people.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 12:06:PM »
Would you agree that it is better to practice than to preach?
I haven't even begun with you yet. I'm reserving my thread "Q C Chevalier in the Dock" for a more opportune time.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 12:14:PM »
By the way: your nasty little orthographical mistakes are creeping in again. Just to remind you of a little aide-memoire I learned in junior school: I must practise my piano skills more. I do enjoy my piano practice.

guest29835

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 12:53:PM »
By the way: your nasty little orthographical mistakes are creeping in again. Just to remind you of a little aide-memoire I learned in junior school: I must practise my piano skills more. I do enjoy my piano practice.

I know the difference.  It's a typo. 

So far, you've spotted two typographical errors of mine, and tried to make out that this is due to ignorance.
It's not.  I am better educated than you, as I keep demonstrating.  Much to your embarrassment, you have also tried to correct me three more times when it turned out I was right.

I think you should obsess less about minor/trivial errors, and concentrate on showing a bit more respect to people.

In other words, please practise what you preach.  Practise what you said further up the thread.  Stop coming on here to stir up trouble and provoke people.

guest29835

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 12:57:PM »
I haven't even begun with you yet. I'm reserving my thread "Q C Chevalier in the Dock" for a more opportune time.

Yet earlier you stated:

Steve,

Please practise what you preach.  As a member of the chattering classes, I know the concept is alien to you, but please look in the mirror and consider your own actions.

Please stop talking about being moral, and instead start behaving like a decent person.

Whatever you decide, I am getting tired of your sickly moral grandstanding, which is just narcissism. It's easy to indulge in fine talk in an effort to curry favour, but words don't make you moral.

People should be judged not on their words, but by their actions and behaviour, and your behaviour falls short.

Thank you.