Author Topic: Mothers do kill children (allegedly)  (Read 624 times)

Offline dessieporter

Mothers do kill children (allegedly)
« on: January 29, 2020, 07:58:PM »
First post. I have been intrigued by this case for years. Not taking sides but see have had a tragic case in Ireland of a mother appearing to kill 3 children - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51302107

Offline Jane

Re: Mothers do kill children (allegedly)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 08:06:PM »
First post. I have been intrigued by this case for years. Not taking sides but see have had a tragic case in Ireland of a mother appearing to kill 3 children - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51302107

Congratulations on your first post and welcome. Rules ask that you introduce yourself in Foyer to say a little about yourself.

It's understood that mothers kill their children. It's always a tragedy.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 08:08:PM »
That's a terrible case in Ireland. So far there's not been any information on why the mother murdered the children. A normal happy family .

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:25:PM »
welcome to the forum,interesting to hear your views on the case

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 09:27:PM »
That's a terrible case in Ireland. So far there's not been any information on why the mother murdered the children. A normal happy family .
always very sad to see headlines like that

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 11:25:PM »
I don't know whether these perpetrators can ever be released, whatever the name of their disorder. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/deirdre-morley-mother-charged-with-murder-of-three-mcginley-children-9qm9s8fwl

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 11:08:AM »
I suppose the psychiatrist in this latest case of Jonty Bravery also said " he wasn't a threat "  ::)

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 11:27:AM »
Another one like Sheila who'd said he could harm people and nobody either believed or took any notice of him. In Sheila's case she'd said she could harm her children. Then there was the note written to AE by Sheila which included " all people are bad and should be killed ". Needless to say that note was never brought to the surface during the trial-----nor the fact that Sheila's personality changed when she couldn't decide if she was Joan of Arc or the Virgin Mary.

Such delusions are important markers in those suffering from personality disorders and are not to be ignored.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 08:37:PM »
Another one like Sheila who'd said he could harm people and nobody either believed or took any notice of him. In Sheila's case she'd said she could harm her children. Then there was the note written to AE by Sheila which included " all people are bad and should be killed ". Needless to say that note was never brought to the surface during the trial-----nor the fact that Sheila's personality changed when she couldn't decide if she was Joan of Arc or the Virgin Mary.

Such delusions are important markers in those suffering from personality disorders and are not to be ignored.
I don't think this sentence was contained in the letter Sheila wrote to Ann Eaton from St. Andrews, Northampton in March 1985, but was said verbally to June and Barbara several weeks later at the Farm, whilst she was convalescing.

Offline lookout

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 08:39:PM »
I don't think this sentence was contained in the letter Sheila wrote to Ann Eaton from St. Andrews, Northampton in March 1985, but was said verbally to June and Barbara several weeks later at the Farm, whilst she was convalescing.

It was written down and shown/given to SJ but was never mentioned at trial. AE told him.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 12:17:AM »
 "She was terrified that she might kill her baby or older children..": https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/margaret-tebbit-obituary/ar-BB1cbyTa?ocid=msedgntp
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:20:AM by Steve_uk »