Author Topic: Discussion on motive  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Discussion on motive
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2020, 09:02:PM »
Your not an expert and your not in any position to judge

Fact

I can judge if I like and I believe he's a psychopath.

FACT
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 09:04:PM »
But medically he is not a psychopath is he ? He passed all the tests ?

Why tell Julie anything at all ?

He passed an outdated test that isn't infallible.

I'm not sure why people keep asking why he told Julie - that's a motive only he knows.

Offline Jan

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 09:27:PM »
He passed an outdated test that isn't infallible.

I'm not sure why people keep asking why he told Julie - that's a motive only he knows.

Motive is what they look for in a prosecution, and this is a discussion group . So why not ask the question?

If you think he is guilty you would surely ask the question ?

If you don’t want to discuss that’s your prerogative .

Offline Jan

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 09:31:PM »
I can judge if I like and I believe he's a psychopath.

FACT

Yes it’s a fact you can believe what you want .

Do you believe the  medical expert reports that were made about sheila in the court or are they outdated as well ?

Offline JackieD

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 10:01:PM »
 :)

Do you believe the  medical expert reports that were made about sheila in the court or are they outdated as well ?

:) :) :)
From Colin Caffells
His relationship with Sheila was one of brotherly love. He was very proud of having a beautiful sister who was a photographic model

Offline Roch

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2020, 11:01:PM »
He’s not a psychopath

Fact

Unless a more recent alternative assessment has been carried out , I would think Egan's stands:

https://jeremybamber.org/psychological-reports/

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 11:04:PM by Roch »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 11:02:PM »

In what respect?

Offline JackieD

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2020, 11:03:PM »
Thank you
From Colin Caffells
His relationship with Sheila was one of brotherly love. He was very proud of having a beautiful sister who was a photographic model

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2020, 11:05:PM »
The motive itself is clearly money and/or resentment of some kind. However, having a motive doesn't necessarily mean that someone will do something about it.

I think the term "psychopath" is rather meaningless. What is it really? An absence of empathy? A lack of ability to give a toss? That doesn't make someone a murderer.

Jeremy said that his relationship with Julie was breaking down before the murders. I'm not sure about that because he seemed to see her quite a lot. However, if he was getting fed up with her I'm not sure he'd tell her his plans.

Offline Jane

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2020, 11:06:PM »
Your not an expert and your not in any position to judge

Fact

Idiot!!! Neither are you. FACT!!!

Offline Roch

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2020, 11:11:PM »
The motive itself is clearly money and/or resentment of some kind. However, having a motive doesn't necessarily mean that someone will do something about it.

I think the term "psychopath" is rather meaningless. What is it really? An absence of empathy? A lack of ability to give a toss? That doesn't make someone a murderer.

Jeremy said that his relationship with Julie was breaking down before the murders. I'm not sure about that because he seemed to see her quite a lot. However, if he was getting fed up with her I'm not sure he'd tell her his plans.

He may well have had motive (arguably). However, his plan was atrocious in terms of its execution; its chances of success; and the risk of it being discovered.  It is not the plan of a devious person.  It's an extreme gamble.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2020, 11:12:PM »
He may well have had motive (arguably). However, his plan was atrocious in terms of its execution; its chances of success; and the risk of it being discovered.  It is not the plan of a devious person.  It's an extreme gamble.

All murder is a gamble - that's why people get caught.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 11:13:PM »

Yes, I agree with that. His plan sucked, and it's amazing that it worked as well as it did.

Offline Real justice

• Veteran Member
    • Trial related photographs
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2020, 11:15:PM »
All killers take a gamble and the best planning in the world doesn’t guarantee success Roch, it had the police fooled and still has lots more undecided, so he didn’t do bad.  Staging a scene to make it look like someone else, you have to be close to that person.

Offline Roch

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2020, 11:16:PM »
All killers take a gamble and the best planning in the world doesn’t guarantee success Roch, it had the police fooled and still has lots more undecided, so he didn’t do bad.  Staging a scene to make it look like someone else, you have to be close to that person.

How did he evade injury?