Author Topic: ELECTION  (Read 5211 times)

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Re: ELECTION
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 03:18:PM »
i predict in about 6 months time johson will be as poplur as leprosy  in mostof the leave seats.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 03:32:PM »
i predict in about 6 months time johson will be as poplur as leprosy  in mostof the leave seats.

You are probably right.  He will be able to last for a full term however, with the majority he has.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 03:35:PM »

If it was a choice, I’d prefer leprosy!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 03:37:PM »
It is a real shame that Dennis Skinner has been defeated in Bolsover.  He has been punished for Labour's "facing both ways" stance on brexit, even he was himself always staunchly pro brexit.  I did predict a very bad result for Labour, although not quite as bad as the end result.  I did vote Labour, although in my constituency it is a wasted vote.  The future is very bleak for Labour now.

Totally agree - you need people like him for a strong opposition!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline David1819

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2019, 04:03:PM »
The only way the Labour party can be elected is if it becomes a watered down Conservative party like it was under Blair/Brown. Which kind of defeats its purpose.

Offline lookout

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 04:45:PM »
The best leader of the opposition in his time was the late John Smith and like many others we'll never see his like again. It was a very sad day when he died at only 55. He would have made a brilliant Prime Minister.

guest7363

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 04:51:PM »
It is a real shame that Dennis Skinner has been defeated in Bolsover.  He has been punished for Labour's "facing both ways" stance on brexit, even he was himself always staunchly pro brexit.  I did predict a very bad result for Labour, although not quite as bad as the end result.  I did vote Labour, although in my constituency it is a wasted vote.  The future is very bleak for Labour now.
Hi Neil, you certainly did predict the outcome, if we could see it, the Labour Party chose to ignore it.  They were set up by the Tories, all the wrong that the Tories did, all the infighting between centre and right in their party, they couldn’t even  decide Brexit themselves and yet the Tories managed to turn it around and Labour have took the blame.  Why, because they had a leader who was toxic and couldn’t come up with a proper Brexit strategy, he tried to have his feet in both camps.  Dennis has had a hip operation, it was planned some while back, this hasn’t helped him because normally Dennis would have been out knocking on doors.  I confronted Michael Gove outside Downing Street in August, about Brexit and to get things sorted, he said “that’s my job” I think the public will hold them to it now because they won’t have an opposition to blame.

Offline lookout

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 04:54:PM »
I don't rate Michael Gove at all.

guest7363

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2019, 04:55:PM »
The best leader of the opposition in his time was the late John Smith and like many others we'll never see his like again. It was a very sad day when he died at only 55. He would have made a brilliant Prime Minister.
Quite true Lookout, he started the modernising of the Labour Party.  There aren’t many good leaders out there now.

guest7363

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2019, 04:59:PM »
I don't rate Michael Gove at all.
They cannot be trusted, look how he stabbed Johnson in the back when they tried to become leader against May, next he’s on tv praising our wonderful prime minister.  They make you laugh 😂

Offline lookout

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 05:01:PM »
Quite true Lookout, he started the modernising of the Labour Party.  There aren’t many good leaders out there now.

It was absolutely tragic when he died RJ, I couldn't believe it at the time and remember vividly his passing as it was a month after my late husband in 1994. It felt like a double whammy as husband had told me to vote for him, then suddenly they were both gone.

guest7363

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2019, 05:13:PM »

It was absolutely tragic when he died RJ, I couldn't believe it at the time and remember vividly his passing as it was a month after my late husband in 1994. It felt like a double whammy as husband had told me to vote for him, then suddenly they were both gone.
Bless Lookout I’m really sorry to hear that, it must have been so hard for you x

guest7363

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2019, 05:18:PM »
What I do predict, I think the EU will dance to a different tune now, hung parliament was never going to put pressure on them, they played their game hoping for another referendum, it hasn’t worked and maybe we can offer some Take it or leave it back now?  Macron is already wanting Britain to play a level playing field We do not want Britain to be an unfair competitor, different to the vocals prior election.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2019, 06:18:PM »
The only way the Labour party can be elected is if it becomes a watered down Conservative party like it was under Blair/Brown. Which kind of defeats its purpose.
.which begs the question what is the purpose of the Labour Party? Harold Wilson, who won 4 general elections, said it was a moral crusade or it is nothing.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2019, 06:20:PM »
If you look at comfortable Canterbury it proves Labour can win in Tory areas if their message is clear enough.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 06:48:PM by Steve_uk »