Author Topic: ELECTION  (Read 5270 times)

guest7363

ELECTION
« on: December 12, 2019, 10:08:PM »
If The Exit Poll is right, Corbyn is going to be crushed?   Predicted 86 maj for Tories.  Sorry I’ve no sympathy, I’ve always been Labour but this man is dire and the public have never warmed to him.  Having said that I don’t think there is a good leader amongst the lot of them. 

guest7363

Re: ELECTION
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 10:12:PM »
If The Exit Poll is right, Corbyn is going to be crushed?   Predicted 86 maj for Tories.  Sorry I’ve no sympathy, I’ve always been Labour but this man is dire and the public have never warmed to him.  Having said that I don’t think there is a good leader amongst the lot of them.
I will not be shocked if BOLSOVER doesn’t go to the tories, Dennis Skinner has let himself down by not following the will of the people who voted for Brexit.  Shame but the feeling is very high in this area.

guest7363

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 10:28:PM »
How Sad, predicting tories have won in at Bolsover, 87 year old Skinner has held this post for 47 years,  your thoughts NGB, you was right about the Possible Corbyn whitewash.  If ever there was a town that was Labour through and through it was this one.

Offline David1819

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 01:36:AM »
What are the chances of Corbyn stepping down if the polls are correct? Two election defeats in a row does not go down very well.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 02:27:AM »
What are the chances of Corbyn stepping down if the polls are correct? Two election defeats in a row does not go down very well.

I don't think he has any choice really.  :-\
Few people have the imagination for reality

guest7363

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 06:58:AM »
Corbyn says he will not lead Labour in another election, I don’t think he lead them in this one. 

Offline Jane

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 07:29:AM »
Corbyn says he will not lead Labour in another election, I don’t think he lead them in this one.

I could never have voted for a party whose leader preferred to remain neutral -leaders, by definition, should lead, not follow- to me it smacks of a refusal to take responsibility. Nor could I have voted for someone who had the whiff of antisemitism about them.

guest7363

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 07:55:AM »

I could never have voted for a party whose leader preferred to remain neutral -leaders, by definition, should lead, not follow- to me it smacks of a refusal to take responsibility. Nor could I have voted for someone who had the whiff of antisemitism about them.
Good post Jane, he never had a clear policy.  How ironic, it was the Bolsover seat that took the Conservatives over the line, the Beast of Bolsover gone.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 11:21:AM »
You may not like Corbyn, but the next 5 years are going to be rough. The man who leads the conservatives isn't fit purpose. Great Prime Minsters of the past must be turning in their graves. With such a majority the blonde buffoon will think he has a mandate to do anything. Least the Atlantic has a couple of bookends either side!

guest7363

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 11:28:AM »
You may not like Corbyn, but the next 5 years are going to be rough. The man who leads the conservatives isn't fit purpose. Great Prime Minsters of the past must be turning in their graves. With such a majority the blonde buffoon will think he has a mandate to do anything. Least the Atlantic has a couple of bookends either side!
I don’t think there is a good leader amongst the lot of them Caroline, it was a bad choice to have to make all around, I couldn’t vote anyway I had to be in London as you know, but I wouldn’t have voted for Corbyn he stands for everything I’m against and it breaks my heart after being staunch Labour all my life.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 11:43:AM »
I don’t think there is a good leader amongst the lot of them Caroline, it was a bad choice to have to make all around, I couldn’t vote anyway I had to be in London as you know, but I wouldn’t have voted for Corbyn he stands for everything I’m against and it breaks my heart after being staunch Labour all my life.

I don't care for him either, but I o care about the Labour Party but I don't believe a single word that BJ utters. I think people mainly voted in relation to BREXIT - but we have another 5 years of this lot with Boris bumbling his way through - never was there a more poisoned challis. However, we shall see what gives in the next year or so, I hope I'm wrong!

guest7363

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2019, 12:39:PM »
I don't care for him either, but I o care about the Labour Party but I don't believe a single word that BJ utters. I think people mainly voted in relation to BREXIT - but we have another 5 years of this lot with Boris bumbling his way through - never was there a more poisoned challis. However, we shall see what gives in the next year or so, I hope I'm wrong!
The Tory Party have been setting Labour up over the last year for this day, I’ve never known a sitting Government that’s not had to do anything, make any decisions and they’ve been able to blame the opposition, they knew there would be a public backlash, people have become fed up to the teeth with Parliament Brexit supporters or not, they just wanted something done.  The tories used similar tactics during the miners strike, they used to build miners hopes up that a deal would be reached, then nothing would happen, Ian Mcgreggor was bought in for this job, in the end it turned public opinion against the miners and it was job done.   The miners have even paid for their own redundancy ten times over, the Labour Party and the tories have stole billions from their pension funds.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 12:47:PM »
The Tory Party have been setting Labour up over the last year for this day, I’ve never known a sitting Government that’s not had to do anything, make any decisions and they’ve been able to blame the opposition, they knew there would be a public backlash, people have become fed up to the teeth with Parliament Brexit supporters or not, they just wanted something done.  The tories used similar tactics during the miners strike, they used to build miners hopes up that a deal would be reached, then nothing would happen, Ian Mcgreggor was bought in for this job, in the end it turned public opinion against the miners and it was job done.   The miners have even paid for their own redundancy ten times over, the Labour Party and the tories have stole billions from their pension funds.

Oh I agree Justice - set right up!! I come from a mining area and know first hand the devastation on local areas that is still on-going today. There is a brilliant DVD that explains the history of those years - I'll dig it out - can't remember the title off hand. Problem is, for a democracy to work to it's full advantage, you HAVE to have an effective opposition. We haven't got that and that's quite dangerous.

Offline Jane

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 01:06:PM »
Oh I agree Justice - set right up!! I come from a mining area and know first hand the devastation on local areas that is still on-going today. There is a brilliant DVD that explains the history of those years - I'll dig it out - can't remember the title off hand. Problem is, for a democracy to work to it's full advantage, you HAVE to have an effective opposition. We haven't got that and that's quite dangerous.

I can agree with that. Jeremy Corbyn has just said he will not be leading they party in the next election campaign. I've seen scant evidence of him having led it through this one. Allowing a group of people to make up their own minds about what they think is the best way forward -sorry, I hate that expression- may work in group counselling but I really don't think it's a good way to run a country. Ultimately, without guidance and strong leadership, people flounder.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 02:37:PM »
How Sad, predicting tories have won in at Bolsover, 87 year old Skinner has held this post for 47 years,  your thoughts NGB, you was right about the Possible Corbyn whitewash.  If ever there was a town that was Labour through and through it was this one.

It is a real shame that Dennis Skinner has been defeated in Bolsover.  He has been punished for Labour's "facing both ways" stance on brexit, even he was himself always staunchly pro brexit.  I did predict a very bad result for Labour, although not quite as bad as the end result.  I did vote Labour, although in my constituency it is a wasted vote.  The future is very bleak for Labour now.