Author Topic: ELECTION  (Read 5213 times)

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Re: ELECTION
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 06:53:PM »
What I do predict, I think the EU will dance to a different tune now, hung parliament was never going to put pressure on them, they played their game hoping for another referendum, it hasn’t worked and maybe we can offer some Take it or leave it back now?  Macron is already wanting Britain to play a level playing field We do not want Britain to be an unfair competitor, different to the vocals prior election.

so why did they welcome borrises victory then theres no pressure on them.

youll get bino.

they welcomed his victry becouse they know there going to take him to the cleaners.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:00:PM by nugnug »

Offline Jane

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 06:57:PM »
.which begs the question what is the purpose of the Labour Party? Harold Wilson, who won 4 general elections, said it was a moral crusade or it is nothing.

I've heard the expression "working class", and what we should be doing to make their life better, bandied about by several  members of the Labour party, but I wonder if they've lost sight of what constitutes "working class" these days?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2019, 06:58:PM »
What I do predict, I think the EU will dance to a different tune now, hung parliament was never going to put pressure on them, they played their game hoping for another referendum, it hasn’t worked and maybe we can offer some Take it or leave it back now?  Macron is already wanting Britain to play a level playing field We do not want Britain to be an unfair competitor, different to the vocals prior election.
The deal, which we are now able to negotiate at least, will take years to accomplish.

guest7363

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 06:58:PM »
so why did borrises victory then theres no pressure on them.

youll get bino.

they welcomed his victry becouse they know there going to take him to the cleaners.
?  I don’t know what you mean, You’ll get bino?  Do you mean me?  Your talking as though it’s my fault or I want it?  what a stupid thing as usual to say.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 06:59:PM »

It was absolutely tragic when he died RJ, I couldn't believe it at the time and remember vividly his passing as it was a month after my late husband in 1994. It felt like a double whammy as husband had told me to vote for him, then suddenly they were both gone.
Sorry to hear that lookout. Isn't it often the way that the best go first?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2019, 07:01:PM »

I've heard the expression "working class", and what we should be doing to make their life better, bandied about by several  members of the Labour party, but I wonder if they've lost sight of what constitutes "working class" these days?
We experienced the 1970s where some abused the power they had. I'm sorry to have to say that. I don't mind how people voted as long as they were true to their conscience.

guest7363

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2019, 07:12:PM »
The deal, which we are now able to negotiate at least, will take years to accomplish.
Will it I don’t know, we  have everything the same as Europe in place already, it’s how much we want to diverse from this?  I didn’t vote Brexit, I didn’t want it although I come from a staunch anti Brexit part of the uk, what I was trying to say, the EU would have preferred a close or near hung parliament than a big majority parliament, virtually anything Boris wants to get through will now,  as opposed to the squabbling and fear of rejection. 

guest7363

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2019, 07:20:PM »
i predict in about 6 months time johson will be as poplur as leprosy  in mostof the leave seats.
Not what Labour MPs are fearing, they fear that they will be out of power for twenty years

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2019, 07:23:PM »
Will it I don’t know, we  have everything the same as Europe in place already, it’s how much we want to diverse from this?  I didn’t vote Brexit, I didn’t want it although I come from a staunch anti Brexit part of the uk, what I was trying to say, the EU would have preferred a close or near hung parliament than a big majority parliament, virtually anything Boris wants to get through will now,  as opposed to the squabbling and fear of rejection.
Don't forget the EU will threaten to take the market away from us if we don't make compromises and pay our divorce bill. It's all reminiscent of Napoleon's Continental System 200 years ago. I think we should go for a Norway plus free trade arrangement.

guest7363

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2019, 07:29:PM »
Don't forget the EU will threaten to take the market away from us if we don't make compromises and pay our divorce bill. It's all reminiscent of Napoleon's Continental System 200 years ago. I think we should go for a Norway plus free trade arrangement.
Could do Steve and it would be damaging for the UK, but now Boris has got the option to walk away, one he didn’t have before.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2019, 07:34:PM »
Could do Steve and it would be damaging for the UK, but now Boris has got the option to walk away, one he didn’t have before.
He does in theory but in practice it would mean risking the working class jobs of the Blythes, the Boltons and the Burys which have put him there in the first place, as well as breaking up the United Kingdom. There will be a deal, and I agree maybe a better deal for us now the issue of the government of the UK has been settled.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2019, 07:41:PM »
I don't rate Michael Gove at all.

I rate him - rate him less than zero!
Few people have the imagination for reality

guest7363

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2019, 07:42:PM »
He does in theory but in practice it would mean risking the working class jobs of the Blythes, the Boltons and the Burys which have put him there in the first place, as well as breaking up the United Kingdom. There will be a deal, and I agree maybe a better deal for us now the issue of the government of the UK has been settled.
I agree totally with your post Steve.  Labour should have been streets ahead after the Tory infighting and resignation of May coupled with the brexit fiasco, but in politics you cannot have your foot in both camps and the working class are not as forgiving, Boris will find out like Corbyn has if he doesn’t deliver.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2019, 07:44:PM »

You would be hard pushed to find employment in Blyth.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2019, 07:45:PM »

The conservatives have even less of an idea.