Author Topic: The Truth and the Documentary  (Read 46433 times)

guest7363

Re: The Truth and the Documentary
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 06:49:PM »
CAL's book is pretty in-depth so I think we can expect something a lot better that what has gone before. It also has a great cast and was recently bought by HBO for the US market.
Just been looking at a trailer, looks good anyway, it’s from the same production company as The Missing isn’t it?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 06:57:PM »
Just been looking at a trailer, looks good anyway, it’s from the same production company as The Missing isn’t it?

Yes, I think so.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 07:54:PM »
Apparently, Jeremy isn't happy about the drama but if he has a solid set of submissions - it won't matter. Of course it a BIG IF!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10173876/jeremy-bamber-slams-itv-white-house-farm-appeal/

guest7363

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 08:01:PM »
Apparently, Jeremy isn't happy about the drama but if he has a solid set of submissions - it won't matter. Of course it a BIG IF!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10173876/jeremy-bamber-slams-itv-white-house-farm-appeal/
Oh dear, as well as the family the police and Julie he can blame Freddy Fox 😂😂🙈

Offline Caroline

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 08:04:PM »
Oh dear, as well as the family the police and Julie he can blame Freddy Fox 😂😂🙈

;D ;D - mind you, the likeness is incredible!

guest7363

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 08:18:PM »
;D ;D - mind you, the likeness is incredible!
Yes incredible, looks as though a lot of research has gone into this, it’s took a long time and not been rushed and gone to the right persons, Colin,  for his input and Cal for her research and knowledge.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2019, 11:10:PM »
CAL's book is pretty in-depth so I think we can expect something a lot better that what has gone before. It also has a great cast and was recently bought by HBO for the US market.

That will be wonderful news for Julie the US market?  She will get the attention she always craved. I expect the documentary will focus heavily on when she signed the NOTW deal although the general public who know nothing about the case might be shocked about the blood money she received.

I think Julie might even become more famous than Jeremy after the series

I wonder if Colin is being paid for his impute or giving all his fee to charity ?
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Caroline

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 03:24:AM »
That will be wonderful news for Julie the US market?  She will get the attention she always craved. I expect the documentary will focus heavily on when she signed the NOTW deal although the general public who know nothing about the case might be shocked about the blood money she received.

I think Julie might even become more famous than Jeremy after the series

I wonder if Colin is being paid for his impute or giving all his fee to charity ?

It’s not a documentary. Julie isn’t the main focus and whether Colin received a fee or not, is none of our business. I hope he did and that he uses it to do something nice for his family - he deserves it!

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2019, 07:34:AM »
Documentary/drama/tvseries it doesn’t matter what you call it as long as it is seen by millions including North America.

It will open debate by people who are not aware of the case

The programme could not be made without major points being highlighted, for example

1)
The jury were not aware of the NOTW deal
2)
Mugfords offer to identify the bodies
3)
Mugfords character, a reliable witness?
4)
Why didn’t Mugford suffer the same fate as Maxine Carr
5)
The relatives testimonies in court
6)
The silencer evidence
7)
Colin Caffells words when told his family had been killed
8)
Special Branch destroying evidence
9)
Non disclosure of evidence
10)
In depth details of Sheila’s illness

The tv series/documentary has to include the above or it will not be worth watching
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline lookout

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2019, 10:56:AM »
There's no way that 34 years of uncovered information can be crammed into a 6 part series.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2019, 01:20:PM »
Documentary/drama/tvseries it doesn’t matter what you call it as long as it is seen by millions including North America.

The programme could not be made without major points being highlighted, for example

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
The silencer evidence
7)
8)
9)
10)

The tv series/documentary has to include the above or it will not be worth watching

I don't think you'll be watching it then.

Offline lookout

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2019, 02:59:PM »
Tongue in cheek !

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2019, 06:07:PM »
I don't think you'll be watching it then.

It’s not a documentary. Julie isn’t the main focus and whether Colin received a fee or not, is none of our business. I hope he did and that he uses it to do something nice for his family - he deserves it!

You obviously do and always will commend all the cover ups

Offline Caroline

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2019, 06:22:PM »
You obviously do and always will commend all the cover ups

Obviously.  ::)

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2019, 09:17:PM »

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
The silencer evidence
7)
8)
9)
10)

Maybe you should include yourself in that coterie:

1) Julie agreed a deal with the newspaper offering the largest sum, the News of the World, which got all other press outlets off her back. The deal in itself does not make Jeremy Bamber innocent.

2) She was the only individual on the spot who could tell the twins apart, after Colin wished to remember them as they were and refused to do it.

3) Julie was a trainee teacher and ex-grammar school pupil. She wished to avoid the situation she found herself in at all costs.

4) Maxine Carr gave Ian Huntley an alibi post-murders. Had Julie wanted a watertight case she would have stayed the night at Bourtree Cottage and told Police she was with him all night. No need in this scenario for an invented call from Nevill.

5) The relatives spoke as they found.

6) As 5)

7) Colin was told initially Sheila had committed suicide, and his words should be taken in that context of shock.

The nightie was destroyed in 1996. It should not have been but again this was not pivotal in Jeremy Bamber's conviction.

9) We don't know what wasn't disclosed. Would any of it have got Jeremy Bamber off?

10) We know Sheila had been on an emotional rollercoaster for several years but had been medicated and stabilized at the time of the tragedy, much to the chagrin of the Bamberettes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 09:40:PM by Steve_uk »