Author Topic: Did Sheila Manage To Overpower Jeremy Causing Two Shots to Her Throat  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Steve_uk

No. Either Jeremy didn't get the right angle the first time, or Sheila didn't get the right angle the first time.

It is strange though that Sheila would just let Jeremy put a gun to her throat.
You just can't picture the state Sheila was in those last few months.

Offline Steve_uk

Oh yes, I'm sure Sheila would have allowed a gun to have been pointed at her. What did Colin have to do to get pots and pans thrown at him ?
She wasn't on medication then. I don't know what part of Sheila's personality came to the fore: she was frustrated with lack of achievement in her life and Colin was an available scapegoat maybe.

Offline Steve_uk

She couldn't answer me on mugford.she can't match me on other arguments attributed to the case.just a typical girl who doesn't get much luck with boys
What did you ask about Julie? We all get frustrated at times but try not to become personal.

Offline Jane

Oh yes, I'm sure Sheila would have allowed a gun to have been pointed at her. What did Colin have to do to get pots and pans thrown at him ?

He probably wound her up -it MAY not have been deliberate, on the other hand, if we assume him, by this time, to have wanted out of the marriage..............................? Spouses often know best what winds us up -theirs had probably become a war of attrition- it may have been that simply ignoring her was the best way of winding her up. It's HIGHLY unlikely that the hurled "pots and pans" were meant to injure him. HAD they been, she could just as easily have bashed him over the head. It would certainly have carried more weight and the meaning would have been perfectly clear.

Regarding your belief that Colin was a battered husband. What better time to offload such a terrible and humiliating secret than when he found out that the perpetrator had also murdered his children?

Offline ILB

So know I'm back after been banned temporarily for having a difference in opinion, how did Jeremy mess up being able to effect a one shot suicide???
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline ILB

Jeremy didn't have a mark on him ( nothing noted by myall and bews) no scratches or facial bruising. Bamber was a six foot strapping lad armed with a rifle. So if he couldn't kill her with one shot we have to come to the conclusion that the elfin Shelia put up a fierce resistance
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline ILB

Look at it logically. Shelia caffell awakes to see her brother pointing a rifle to her. If we are to believe the prosecution Bamber is hell bent on getting his inheritance. Shelia either does one of two things a) wilts like a violet or b) fights him

Offline ILB

Incidentally if she is up and awake during while Jeremy is killing other members. It adds weight to her awareness of what Jeremy is doing ( he hasn't caught her unsurprised) if this is the case she would be running around like a headless chicken in fear and distress or if she was feeling bold, she'd be attempting to attack Bamber

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
It's not clear what Sheila was doing whilst it was all going on. Her bed looks like she was in it at some stage, and yet the bedclothes are pulled up - they don't look like she just got out of bed and left them.

I doubt that Jeremy would make her go into the main bedroom, I think that she went in there herself - obviously after June had been shot. Jeremy was presumably elsewhere at the time - possibly downstairs with Nevill.

Offline ILB

Shelia caffell would have been even terrified and complaint or put up a vicious fight