Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber trial examination  (Read 12041 times)

Offline Adam

Re: Jeremy Bamber trial examination
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 02:57:PM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.homepage-link.to/justice/judgements/Bamber/index.html&ved=2ahUKEwjxxrHbtOLlAhXPVsAKHTDRAskQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3_he1NUdt-LIv3JGVUZ6T9

One of the best documents available online is the 2002 appeal transcript.

It has Jeremy's reasons why he wanted his conviction overturned. And the reasons why it wasn't.

There are some documents on the 2012 CCRC application and why it failed. 
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 02:58:PM »
Things such as Nevill called the police are just to keep the campaign in the media.

Offline David1819

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 06:53:PM »
got to pick up on this for essence, in the grand scheme of things what does they saying " I fucking hate my parents amount to" I've said it on countless occasions in younger years in a strop as of millions of other early twenties, adolescents have....

Yes, I have heard plenty of people of people say those words. None of them killed their parents and nor does it come close to saying such. Hence why I am laughing at Steve.

Offline David1819

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 06:57:PM »

Offline Jane

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 07:06:PM »
Yes, I have heard plenty of people of people say those words. None of them killed their parents and nor does it come close to saying such. Hence why I am laughing at Steve.

You surely can't be saying that, because none of those known to you, who've claimed to hate their f'ing parents but haven't gone on to kill them, it's not possible for such to happen? I think Jeremy's reasons for so doing probably went very much deeper that those who made the claim because their parents insisted on them being home at a certain time, or wouldn't let them take the car.

Offline ILB

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 08:05:PM »

You surely can't be saying that, because none of those known to you, who've claimed to hate their f'ing parents but haven't gone on to kill them, it's not possible for such to happen? I think Jeremy's reasons for so doing probably went very much deeper that those who made the claim because their parents insisted on them being home at a certain time, or wouldn't let them take the car.
this Richards guy didn't even hardly know Jeremy bamber. It's laughable this was allowed to be admitted. It's predicual. Remember under the circumstances, should a throwaway remark was interpreted as being sinister
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Jane

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 08:14:PM »
this Richards guy didn't even hardly know Jeremy bamber. It's laughable this was allowed to be admitted. It's predicual. Remember under the circumstances, should a throwaway remark was interpreted as being sinister

Can you provide use with how you know what "this Richards guy's" relationship with Jeremy was? I don't think we can remark on the words without hearing their intonation and seeing the expression on the speaker's face when they said them. Richards was there.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 06:41:PM »
Do you know if any of the other books do? Not that the other books would add much as Wilkes's overview is good.

Wilkes's book also gives a good report of the judges summing up.
No not really. Carol Ann Lee's book has four chapters on the case (40-43) and at least has an index at the back, unlike Blood Relations. Clare Powell's book has two chapters devoted to the trial, one entitled In The Dock followed by Actor or Actress? a reference to whether you believed Jeremy or Julie. Scott Lomax is the one book entirely skewed in favour of Jeremy and will have you jumping through so many hoops to make him innocent you may become dizzy.

There's more on egap1's thread on Murder/suicide at White House Farm if I can locate it here.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 06:42:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Adam

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 06:47:PM »
No not really. Carol Ann Lee's book has four chapters on the case (40-43) and at least has an index at the back, unlike Blood Relations. Clare Powell's book has two chapters devoted to the trial, one entitled In The Dock followed by Actor or Actress? a reference to whether you believed Jeremy or Julie. Scott Lomax is the one book entirely skewed in favour of Jeremy and will have you jumping through so many hoops to make him innocent you may become dizzy.

There's more on egap1's thread on Murder/suicide at White House Farm if I can locate it here.

Did CAL's book say anything interesting & new regarding what was said at trial? New as in you didn't know.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2019, 07:04:PM »
Did CAL's book say anything interesting & new regarding what was said at trial? New as in you didn't know.
No not really. Jeremy comes across as a creep, immaculately dressed, keeping his composure, letters to Anji Greaves and Brett Collins where butter wouldn't melt. Maurice Drake's assertion in 2002 that he had kept an open mind throughout the trial until it dawned on him Julie was telling the truth..

Offline Adam

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 07:12:PM »
No not really. Jeremy comes across as a creep, immaculately dressed, keeping his composure, letters to Anji Greaves and Brett Collins where butter wouldn't melt. Maurice Drake's assertion in 2002 that he had kept an open mind throughout the trial until it dawned on him Julie was telling the truth..

Yes there is no possibility of Julie going through all that, if none of it was true.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2019, 07:19:PM »
What about the remark he made to Michael Deckers about the farm burning down in 1984: should that be kept under wraps too?

Offline ILB

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2019, 08:33:PM »

Can you provide use with how you know what "this Richards guy's" relationship with Jeremy was? I don't think we can remark on the words without hearing their intonation and seeing the expression on the speaker's face when they said them. Richards was there.
can you prove they were firm friends other than a fleeting glance? It appears they met briefly at a social gathering, hardly in Bambers inner circle was he...
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline ILB

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2019, 08:34:PM »
What about the remark he made to Michael Deckers about the farm burning down in 1984: should that be kept under wraps too?
what's the relevance? Please elaborate further

Offline Jane

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2019, 08:35:PM »
can you prove they were firm friends other than a fleeting glance? It appears they met briefly at a social gathering, hardly in Bambers inner circle was he...

I don't need to prove anything. You're the one making claims. Prove them.