Author Topic: Perjury that went unchallenged at trial.  (Read 24392 times)

Offline Jane

Re: Perjury that went unchallenged at trial.
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2019, 04:33:PM »

Something like that. This is what happens to the poor sods who get their posthumous pardons.

I don't want to be waiting too long for results either ! Tough I'll take my chances on buying an LP. ;D

In another 16 years, I may have forgotten who I am, let alone who was Jeremy Bamber!!! :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline lookout

« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2019, 04:39:PM »

In another 16 years, I may have forgotten who I am, let alone who was Jeremy Bamber!!! :)) :)) :)) :))

I could have expired by then, but you never know. 2020 marks my 80th ! How lucky will that be ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2019, 04:42:PM »

I could have expired by then, but you never know. 2020 marks my 80th ! How lucky will that be ?

I hope it will be. 80 in 2020. That has a nicely rounded flow to it.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2019, 05:11:PM »

I'd love to see both. After 34 years you'd think they be released ?

What do you mean 'released' - it's a trial transcript, trials are held in public!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2019, 05:15:PM »
What do you mean 'released' - it's a trial transcript, trials are held in public!

Whatever it is that's hidden.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2019, 05:17:PM »

Whatever it is that's hidden.

They were on about the trial transcripts - both Bamber and his legal team will have a copy. You can buy them but they are expensive and given the age of this case, if you could buy one, you would need a second mortgage.

Offline lookout

« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2019, 05:22:PM »
They were on about the trial transcripts - both Bamber and his legal team will have a copy. You can buy them but they are expensive and given the age of this case, if you could buy one, you would need a second mortgage.

I was about to ask how much until you mentioned mortgage. Oh dear.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2019, 05:25:PM »

I was about to ask how much until you mentioned mortgage. Oh dear.

I'm not sure Lookout, I suspect it would depend on the trial - ie. like how long it last etc. New cases are probably stored electronically but old cases would have to be copied and I certainly wouldn't like that job.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2019, 12:44:AM »

"The prosecution said Miss Mugford would have had to have had a convoluted mind to have made all this up. We say that she has."That Matthew (Mac-Donald) story is not only wrong in itself, but contains in it a number of details which can be proved to be untrue and which she can only have got from the police or Ann Eaton"

I haven't seen the above quote anywhere - can you please provide an independent source for it. I'm not asking to be difficult, I would just like to confirm where it comes from?

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2019, 08:14:AM »
In the 2002 appeal document it says that Jeremy's trial transcript didn't survive, but the cross examination is available.

The Appellant's Evidence at Trial 137. No transcript has survived as to the appellant's evidence in chief, although it seems clear from the summing up that it was entirely consistent with that which he had told the police. A transcript of his cross-examination is available. In cross-examination the appellant said Sheila Caffell had frequent delusions and had spoken to him of suicide.

http://www.homepage-link.to/justice/judgements/Bamber/index.html

Offline Adam

« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2019, 09:25:AM »
I haven't seen the above quote anywhere - can you please provide an independent source for it. I'm not asking to be difficult, I would just like to confirm where it comes from?

Yes that was first brought up earlier this week.

David does write a lot of things in bold or red. To try to give his posts more gravitas. However what is actually written is often rubbish.

Either that or he is putting up offensive images or 'gish gash' quotes when frustrated. Ignoring moderator instructions.

Hopefully David will improve as a poster.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:33:AM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2019, 02:04:PM »
Yes that was first brought up earlier this week.

David does write a lot of things in bold or red. To try to give his posts more gravitas. However what is actually written is often rubbish.

Either that or he is putting up offensive images or 'gish gash' quotes when frustrated. Ignoring moderator instructions.

Hopefully David will improve as a poster.

I have searched for it but the only reference to it, is from David. Perhaps he had Rivlin's summing up but without an independent source, it doesn't mean anything.

Offline Adam

« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2019, 02:07:PM »
Nugs used to create threads on his visions. Treating them as fact & asking questions.

When discussions started it would validate Nugs's vision. Nugs would at first stonewall source requests, which is what David is currently doing.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2019, 02:09:PM »
Nugs used to create threads on his visions. Treating them as fact & asking questions.

When discussions started it would validate Nugs's vision. Nugs would at first stonewall source requests, which is what David is currently doing.

That's why it's always best to provide a link or post the original source.

Offline Adam

« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2019, 03:03:PM »
That's why it's always best to provide a link or post the original source.

David does provide sources sometimes. Goodness knows where he finds them.

When he has no source he will write in red or bold as if what is being posted has gravitas. Nugs would just create a thread.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 03:14:PM by Adam »