Author Topic: Perjury that went unchallenged at trial.  (Read 24301 times)

Offline Jane

Re: Perjury that went unchallenged at trial.
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 08:12:PM »
I've got to add this as well. This was a man of the world genteel farmer. Not a 21 year old " in denial girlfriend"

Mmm. Because he was at a remove and saw him in a different light, he wasn't as ready to overlook Jeremy's behaviours in the way that Nevill and June were. I think he had Jeremy's measure.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:13:PM by Jane »

Offline ILB

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 08:15:PM »
I will go so far as to say I doubt there would have been a case without Robert Boutflour's willpower and tenacity.  DCI Taff Jones said " that Julie is full of sh**" and he had more or less thrown Ann Eaton and her brother out of his office at Witham Police Station.

I happen to believe the scenario the relatives described in statements and in court so I don't really have a problem with his influence.
the frightening aspect Steve it may not be so much his influence more his " agenda"
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline ILB

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 08:21:PM »

Mmm. Because he was at a remove and saw him in a different light, he wasn't as ready to overlook Jeremy's behaviours in the way that Nevill and June were. I think he had Jeremy's measure.
Thats my point Jane. So why didnt he share his suspicions with police asap?? It's a bleak area the taff Jones relative scenario. Jones died in early 86 so he's never had a proper chance to respond to the allegations. I cannot imagine even by 80s standards that a senior officer would more or less be telling bereaved relatives to ultimately " fuck off and don't come back " to the police station
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:42:PM by ilovebooze »
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2019, 08:25:PM »
it's on the record that Robert boutflour claimed that Jeremy Bamber remarked to him " oh I could easily kill my parents" with what you have just said about the tenacity of rb  why wasn't he screaming the guilt of his nephew to the nearest police officer. Or dialling 999, or even driving down to the cop shop about this remark, when he first was aware of the massacre??
He did type his suspicions and his children saw DCI Taff Jones but to no avail. It was only when RB wrote to ACC Simpson that a review of the case was ordered.

Offline Jane

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2019, 08:28:PM »
Thats my point Jane. So why didnt he share his suspicions with police asap?? It's a bleak area the taff Jones relative scenario. Jones died in early 86 so he's never had a proper chance to respond to the allegations. I cannot imagine even by 80s standards that a senior officer would more or less be telling bereaved relatives to ultimately " fuck off and don't come back " from the police station

However much he may have disliked Jeremy, it would have been a huge leap to accuse him of slaughtering the entire family without something to back it up. Saying he'd never liked him really wouldn't have been enough.

Offline ILB

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2019, 08:32:PM »
He did type his suspicions and his children saw DCI Taff Jones but to no avail. It was only when RB wrote to ACC Simpson that a review of the case was ordered.
we need to look at the whf farm massacre more from a normal every day personal viewpoint common sense aspect and less as if it's a Hamlet play. I respect we only have knowledge as it from a third party. What is fed by the media to us, personal interactions with Jeremy, etc etc look at it from this view. Why would he need to jot it down his suspicions boutflour senior didn't like Jeremy and believed him to be a nasty piece of work. By his own account Jeremy had told him that " how easy it would be to kill his own parents" why didn't boutflour go to the police with this straight away?? Why write in his diary ?? He was sure it couldn't have been Shelia wasn't he???

Offline ILB

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2019, 08:37:PM »

However much he may have disliked Jeremy, it would have been a huge leap to accuse him of slaughtering the entire family without something to back it up. Saying he'd never liked him really wouldn't have been enough.
  I respectfully don't buy it. RB is one of those ex servicemen strong personality type of people. He wouldn't jot things in his diary. He'd alert his suspicions. Added he didn't like Bamber junior

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2019, 08:41:PM »
we need to look at the whf farm massacre more from a normal every day personal viewpoint common sense aspect and less as if it's a Hamlet play. I respect we only have knowledge as it from a third party. What is fed by the media to us, personal interactions with Jeremy, etc etc look at it from this view. Why would he need to jot it down his suspicions boutflour senior didn't like Jeremy and believed him to be a nasty piece of work. By his own account Jeremy had told him that " how easy it would be to kill his own parents" why didn't boutflour go to the police with this straight away?? Why write in his diary ?? He was sure it couldn't have been Shelia wasn't he???
Well I'm sure the relatives were in shock, unlike the perpetrator.

Offline ILB

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2019, 08:46:PM »
Well I'm sure the relatives were in shock, unlike the perpetrator.
we can't account for the exact way RB reacted upon hearing the news, having said that knowing what he said do you think he would have been able to say at some point " i think you need to take a closer look at my nephew""

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2019, 08:48:PM »
we can't account for the exact way RB reacted upon hearing the news, having said that knowing what he said do you think he would have been able to say at some point " i think you need to take a closer look at my nephew""
Well that's what the letter to ACC Simpson was all about.

Offline Jane

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2019, 08:57:PM »
  I respectfully don't buy it. RB is one of those ex servicemen strong personality type of people. He wouldn't jot things in his diary. He'd alert his suspicions. Added he didn't like Bamber junior

He was also an academic. Academics make notes. His father was Chair of Cheltenham Ag college. Wrote a widely referred to book on crop rotation? He was actually far more of a farmer than his younger, but much wealthier bro in law, Nevill. He was actually the one who got Nevill a job on his in laws farm.

Offline ILB

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2019, 09:17:PM »

He was also an academic. Academics make notes. His father was Chair of Cheltenham Ag college. Wrote a widely referred to book on crop rotation? He was actually far more of a farmer than his younger, but much wealthier bro in law, Nevill. He was actually the one who got Nevill a job on his in laws farm.
Jane this man had no personal effection or attatchement to Jeremy Bamber. He didn't like him him. He nicknamed him if I recall correctly " the cuckoo" I have no idea whether this is reference to Jeremy's parentage or mannerisms. He also on record stated Jeremy told him he could " easily kill my parents" come on, even if he wasn't believed why did he not report Bamber from the get go???

Offline Jane

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2019, 09:30:PM »
Jane this man had no personal effection or attatchement to Jeremy Bamber. He didn't like him him. He nicknamed him if I recall correctly " the cuckoo" I have no idea whether this is reference to Jeremy's parentage or mannerisms. He also on record stated Jeremy told him he could " easily kill my parents" come on, even if he wasn't believed why did he not report Bamber from the get go???

"Cuckoo", a cruel, though possibly apt, nickname to give an adopted child is said, as is "easily kill my parents", by Jeremy's supporters, to be erroneous. There's no way to prove it one way or another. SO! let's look at why he didn't hot-foot it to the police with his suspicions from "the get go"? I can only suggest it was because he wanted to feel he was certain in what he believed. Jeremy's own behaviours over the following days, his 'inaccuracies' when he was talking to the police would all have helped him to build up a picture and provide something concrete.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:31:PM by Jane »

Offline ILB

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2019, 09:31:PM »
Hasten to add. This was a circumstantial case. No direct evidence proved Jeremy Bambers guilt
 In my opinion if it was not for the silencer evidence Jeremy would be sat in front of the TV right now eating pot noodle as a free man. I am not a Jeremy Bamber supporter. Nor am I convinced of his guilt but I believe to create a clearer picture,  the notion must be if we are going to apply common sense logic to Jeremy Bamber. We must also do to the witnesses and relatives
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:34:PM by ilovebooze »

Offline Jane

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2019, 09:39:PM »
Hasten to add. This was a circumstantial case. No direct evidence proved Jeremy Bambers guilt
 In my opinion if it was not for the silencer evidence Jeremy would be sat in front of the TV right now eating pot noodle. I am not a Jeremy Bamber supporter. Not am I convinced of his guilt but I believe to create a clearer picture the notion must be if we are going to apply common sense logic to Jeremy Bamber. We must also do to the witnesses and relatives

This is by no means the only case which has been proved on circumstantial evidence. There appear to be very few that are proved on forensics alone. Before we condemn the family out of hand, I think we must bear in mind that they were only looking for justice. Much has been made -mostly by Jeremy and his  supporters- of Sheila's alleged violent outbursts. Whilst they didn't know her well, they probably knew her well enough to know that the description didn't sit right.