Author Topic: the stocky man seen follwing jodi.  (Read 7730 times)

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Re: the stocky man seen follwing jodi.
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 07:14:PM »
Was this guy seen by Bryson when she saw Luke with Jodi together?

of course he wasnt bryson was somwhere

this man was seen by somone who actully knew jodi.

Offline sandra L

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 08:48:PM »
Was this guy seen by Bryson when she saw Luke with Jodi together?

He wasn't seen until 10 - 15 minutes after Mrs Bryson's "sighting" - so who was right about the girl "sighted" - Mrs Bryson, who didn't know Jodi and described someone completely different, or a witness  who knew Jodi? Because, if it's the latter, then Mrs Bryson's "sighting" can't stand.

And, of course, there were two witnesses to Stocky Man and a girl, further up the Easthouses Road (than the Bryson "sighting") at 5.05pm. So, since we're being particular about numbers of witnesses, which is more credible - one witness who knew none of the people involved or two witnesses, independent of each other, who described the same scenario (Stocky Man following closely behind a girl at 5.05pm), one of whom knew Jodi?

It's not a trick question.

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 11:27:PM »
The girls that knew Jodi, how strong were their statements? Did they say it was Jodi or could have been? If they were sure it was her then that’s a much more credible sighting. Do you have a copy of their statements?

Offline Parky41

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2019, 11:52:PM »
This is not a trick question either - it is simply to establish and help with something that is not clear in all of this.
Where did this positive Identification of someone who knew Jodi take place - was it on the main Easthouses Road from Woodburn to Mayfield? As you state here that Brysons
sighting can't stand - we would assume then that this sighting was further away? I'm thinking here of your 8min walk to the path?
Or was it on the smaller Easthouses Road that leads onto Morris Road? Simply put, did one of the witnesses to Stocky man know Jodi and identify that it
was definitely her.?

Offline Parky41

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 12:07:AM »
The girls that knew Jodi, how strong were their statements? Did they say it was Jodi or could have been? If they were sure it was her then that’s a much more credible sighting. Do you have a copy of their statements?

This perhaps answers my question? Not sure why I thought the two witnesses to Stocky man may have been male?
You mention girls that knew Jodi - and their statements? So not the independent sightings of Stocky man
then?

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2019, 12:15:AM »

i think its a mor creible sighting just by the fact they knew her and bryson dident or cliamed. not to

it also coincedes almost perfectly with the time given for jodi leaving home.

Offline sandra L

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 07:51:AM »
This is not a trick question either - it is simply to establish and help with something that is not clear in all of this.
Where did this positive Identification of someone who knew Jodi take place - was it on the main Easthouses Road from Woodburn to Mayfield? As you state here that Brysons
sighting can't stand - we would assume then that this sighting was further away? I'm thinking here of your 8min walk to the path?
Or was it on the smaller Easthouses Road that leads onto Morris Road? Simply put, did one of the witnesses to Stocky man know Jodi and identify that it
was definitely her.?

The two independent witnesses who say a girl who matched Jodi's description (of whom knew Jodi) made their sighting on the Easthouses Road leading to Morris Road, up in front of the row of houses where Jodi lived at about 5.05pm.

Bryson made her "sighting" (according to the final version) at 4.49 - 4.54 as she was turning the car around the sharp bend at the Easthouses entrance to the path - again on the Easthouses Road leading to Morris Road and approximately 2 minutes walk away from the other sighting.

No-one has ever come forward to say they saw Jodi on the path (or the entrance track) - the "8 minute walk" to which you refer is an approximation, based on police timings, the walk from the junction of the paths behind Newbattle High School to the V break took 6 mins 40 seconds, but they did not time the walk from the Easthouses Road (leading to Morris Road) to the junction of the paths - I rounded the time up to 8 minutes to include that (although I believe it is actually slightly longer).

Offline sandra L

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2019, 08:01:AM »
This perhaps answers my question? Not sure why I thought the two witnesses to Stocky man may have been male?
You mention girls that knew Jodi - and their statements? So not the independent sightings of Stocky man
then?

The witnesses were one male, one female - at no point did I say "girls" - this may simply have been a misunderstanding that has crept in over time.

You're taking "independent" to a whole new level here, Parky. I said "independent from each other" - i.e. neither knew the other had given a statement, therefore their statements could not have been influenced by each other and therefore provide true corroboration - two people saw a girl with a male following closely behind her, one gave a description matching Jodi, the other knew Jodi by sight.

To clear up one further misunderstanding, one of those witnesses thought he saw Stocky Man a week later at the reconstruction. He was mistaken - the man he pointed out to police was not anywhere near Easthouses  on the night of June 30th (and could prove that), so he could not have been Stocky Man. Contrary to newspaper reporting at the time, Stocky Man was not traced - the person who was traced was the one mistakenly picked out by the witness.

This was before the positive identification of Stocky Man some 9 weeks later, when he was picked out from a group of males, all of whom looked "similar" - like an ID parade, properly done, would have required.

Is that a more credible identification than the picking out of Luke from a spread of photos obviously intended to highlight him as the chosen target (not just my opinion, but the opinion of a number of experts)?

Offline Parky41

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2019, 11:55:AM »
Quote from: Bullseye on Yesterday at 11:27 PM

SL:
You're taking "independent" to a whole new level here, Parky. I said "independent from each other"

Thank you for answering for Bullseye (?). I did however say "So not the independent sightings of Stocky man" Not that these sightings were not
independent from each other. Simply stating that Bullseye was perhaps referring to different sightings altogether.

Offline Parky41

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2019, 01:09:PM »
To clear up one further misunderstanding, one of those witnesses thought he saw Stocky Man a week later at the reconstruction. He was mistaken - the man he pointed out to police was not anywhere near Easthouses  on the night of June 30th (and could prove that), so he could not have been Stocky Man. Contrary to newspaper reporting at the time, Stocky Man was not traced - the person who was traced was the one mistakenly picked out by the witness.

This was before the positive identification of Stocky Man some 9 weeks later, when he was picked out from a group of males, all of whom looked "similar" - like an ID parade, properly done, would have required.

Is that a more credible identification than the picking out of Luke from a spread of photos obviously intended to highlight him as the chosen target (not just my opinion, but the opinion of a number of experts)?

Let us clear this up a little more - a male and a female say they saw a girl walking along Easthouses "at or around 5.05pm" with a male following closely behind.
The male witness further Identified Stocky man from a  high five - this witness was completely wrong in their "positive" Identification.
"Some 9 weeks later" - Ms Lean Omits to say where this sighting was. We know however this girls funeral was "some 9 weeks later"

Of course, above does not tell us if this was by the male, who already gave a wrongful ID or the female.
We are told here of course that, this was also a "positive identification of Stocky Man" from a group of males who all looked "similar"
This sounds familiar to the Identification of the group of males, where two gave a high 5?
Actually, as usual, it tells us very little - bar the need to try and show this was a positive ID.
Marty, as have others, make the assumption/claim that this was of carrying this girls coffin.
This of course is not picked up on by Ms Lean - to dispel this myth. 
The only people, who appear to have carried this girls coffin, are four people from the funeral directors.
I simply googled this, I am not going to put pictures of people up, that may cause finger pointing towards them?!
This claimed positive identification is not, one would assume correct from carrying this girls coffin. Or is Marty claiming it was
a member of the funeral directors?
This identification of males who were "similar" - in what way? that they were all dressed in black?
Messy!

So, no - it is not, a more credible identification from picking Luke out, from a photo identification of 12 young males.
One in which AB positively identified him, and further clarified this Identification - from media pictures, which only appeared, after
this photo ID.
There is absolutely nothing in this that merits this identification, "some 9 weeks later" as being credible, or positive.

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 03:14:PM »
My mistake sorry, I always thought it was 2 girls but as Sandra has clarified it was a male and female, thanks Sandra.

Offline marty

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2019, 04:00:PM »
Parky, i read a paragraph of your last post. Im sure it was the female witness who witnessed the high five, messy

Offline Parky41

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2019, 04:17:PM »
Parky, i read a paragraph of your last post. Im sure it was the female witness who witnessed the high five, messy

Thank you Marty - that is at least something. I'll keep this very short. Can you help clarify where you got
the impression, that stocky man was identified from carrying this girls coffin?

Offline Parky41

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2019, 04:20:PM »

To clear up one further misunderstanding, one of those witnesses thought he saw Stocky Man a week later at the reconstruction. He was mistaken - the man he pointed out to police was not anywhere near

Ms Lean is sure that the witness was male Marty - I agree though, it is rather messy.

Offline marty

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2019, 04:45:PM »
Yes, so the female saw the high five