Author Topic: the stocky man seen follwing jodi.  (Read 7729 times)

Offline David1819

Re: the stocky man seen follwing jodi.
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2019, 11:18:PM »
I'd like to be sure that Parky accidentally copied and pasted a post from this thread and replied to it on another thread, while David timeously steps in and changes the subject on this thread.

Otherwise, I might be drawn to a conclusion or assumption (perhaps mistaken, perhaps not) that mischief making and game playing, rather than a genuine attempt at debate, are the order of the day.

I don't read the majority of Parky41s posts. I find them too long and confusing (just saying)  :-\

Offline Parky41

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2019, 11:45:AM »
Simply mistaken Sandra - I moved it back to the main thread for Nugnug. The topic had wandered off from Stocky Man.
The conversation was becoming more generalised around CM's podcast, of  blatant misrepresentation.
They had gotten a little upset previously when this happened.

When they had made the following comment;

another desprate to take the thread away from the stocky man.

I therefore moved the topic back onto Stocky man.
It was digressing, yet again, subsequently moving it to the general thread.
To be met with;

I'd like to be sure that Parky accidentally copied and pasted a post from this thread and replied to it on another thread, while David timeously steps in and changes the subject on this thread.

Otherwise, I might be drawn to a conclusion or assumption (perhaps mistaken, perhaps not) that mischief making and game playing, rather than a genuine attempt at debate, are the order of the day.

No game play, nor "over to you".
A young girl lost her life, her boyfriend is serving a life sentence for killing her. - it is no game.
Simply - no points to be won.

of course it is but its not going to work

It is of course, rather sad - that there does indeed appear to be some form of game play, with point scoring comments, and "over to you"
Having made it clear about my studies, and my search, as to why? the police sought to convict Luke - being, all but complete;
I will leave you in this game of "over to you" and of scoring points. (being a level of study in itself)
There is but one area left to complete. It may require, some, further assistance from yourselves.
It was after all, that simple piece of wrongful information, from yourselves - of the search trio having to walk passed YW's when going directly to this path, that prompted
my studies around this case.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2019, 05:54:PM »
ive created another thread to talk about the albi.

https://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,10046.0.html

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2019, 01:13:AM »
I think the sighting from the person that knew her is far more credible than ABs. But if the stocky guy was following her or simply walking behind her we will never know. Unless there is more to come out about this supposed confession.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2019, 01:19:AM »
I think the sighting from the person that knew her is far more credible than ABs. But if the stocky guy was following her or simply walking behind her we will never know. Unless there is more to come out about this supposed confession.

well who ever he was he never came foward to give evedence.

assuming jodi was killed at that timeon the path even if he is not the killer he must of seen somthing.

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2019, 01:40:AM »
well who ever he was he never came foward to give evedence.

assuming jodi was killed at that timeon the path even if he is not the killer he must of seen somthing.

It’s very possible he is the killer and that is why he never came forward but imo it’s also possible it was just an average day for him, nothing out of the ordinary and he did not remember seeing anything that would help in the investigation and therefore did not come forward, he had no reason to. Was there an appeal for him to come forward?

Same goes for the 2 people at the top of the path AB saw, they, imo, were not Jodi and Luke, they also maybe didn’t come forward for the same reason. Don’t remember seeing anything
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 01:46:AM by Bullseye »

Offline nugnug

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2019, 01:55:AM »
It’s very possible he is the killer and that is why he never came forward but imo it’s also possible it was just an average day for him, nothing out of the ordinary and he did not remember seeing anything that would help in the investigation and therefore did not come forward, he had no reason to. Was there an appeal for him to come forward?

Same goes for the 2 people at the top of the path AB saw, they, imo, were not Jodi and Luke, they also maybe didn’t come forward for the same reason. Don’t remember seeing anything

well even if hes not the killer and dident see her being killed her would stil have ital imformation about her ovements and the derection she took so any competent detective would want him to come forward.

i think theydid mak esuch an appeal but i cannot be certan

but if they dident you would have to askwhynot what were they playing at.

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2019, 02:22:AM »
well even if hes not the killer and dident see her being killed her would stil have ital imformation about her ovements and the derection she took so any competent detective would want him to come forward.

i think theydid mak esuch an appeal but i cannot be certan

but if they dident you would have to askwhynot what were they playing at.

It could simply be he doesn’t even remember seeing her, didn’t notice her. I walked to my folks then home again yesterday, I know there were other people around but I cant remember any of them apart from a mother and her child, because the wee girl was being cheeky and was getting told of by her mum, it was funny so gives me reason to remember them. As for the other folk I passed I have no idea. Could be same for him, so no reason to go to the police. I know I wouldn’t as I’d have nothing to tell them.

Be good to find out if there was an appeal for him to come forward, there certainly should have been!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 02:23:AM by Bullseye »

Offline nugnug

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2019, 02:38:AM »
It could simply be he doesn’t even remember seeing her, didn’t notice her. I walked to my folks then home again yesterday, I know there were other people around but I cant remember any of them apart from a mother and her child, because the wee girl was being cheeky and was getting told of by her mum, it was funny so gives me reason to remember them. As for the other folk I passed I have no idea. Could be same for him, so no reason to go to the police. I know I wouldn’t as I’d have nothing to tell them.

Be good to find out if there was an appeal for him to come forward, there certainly should have been!!

to not rember seeing her i think he would have to have poor eyesight and never watch news. or read a newspaper

i mean thepress coveragee should of jogged his memory a bit and the distance bettween suggests he woulf of seen her.

Offline sandra L

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2019, 07:49:AM »
The appeal for stocky man first went out on July 16th, with reports stating that a witness thought he saw the same man at the reconstruction.

Although both the reports below said "around 5pm" we now know the witnesses said "about 5.05pm." What's never been explained is why the police waited so long to release the information about Stocky Man. When the man from the reconstruction came forward a couple of weeks later (and proved he was not Stocky Man), the media ran headlines saying "Mystery Man traced" and appeals for the real Stocky Man began to disappear.

To this day, I still talk to  people who say, "But the Stocky Man was traced" - the power of the media!

By the end of July, police were still appealing for a young blonde woman seen pushing a buggy towards Easthouses at "around 5pm" - when she finally came forward, she said she'd seen nothing (she'd been on holiday and hadn't seen or heard the appeals for her to contact police). She was claimed to have been seen "about 20 yards from Jodi's home," but reports didn't say in which direction. The driver of a car with its bonnet up in front of Newbattle High School was never traced.

So yes, it's entirely possible people didn't come forward because they didn't remember seeing anything that they thought might be significant.

But it does seem odd that, after the man from the reconstruction came forward, the urgency to find the real Stocky Man dissipated very quickly amidst headlines that appeared to suggest he'd been traced and eliminated from the enquiry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3070589.stm
https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/police-seek-youth-who-trailed-jodi-1-656152

Offline nugnug

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2019, 11:13:AM »
its pretty obvios the stocky never came forward becouse if he had he would of been called as a witness.

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2019, 05:28:PM »
It seems strange that he did not come forward when there was an appeal for him. But there could be a number of reasons he didn’t. The fact the police seem to give up looking for him seems clear, it didn’t fit with their theory so they went with the Bryson sighting instead which might have been a huge mistake if Luke is in fact innocent.

Offline sandra L

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2019, 06:40:PM »
It seems strange that he did not come forward when there was an appeal for him. But there could be a number of reasons he didn’t. The fact the police seem to give up looking for him seems clear, it didn’t fit with their theory so they went with the Bryson sighting instead which might have been a huge mistake if Luke is in fact innocent.

Going with the Bryson sighting and all of the manipulation it needed to make it "fit" isn't what most people would expect in an investigation aiming to uncover the truth.

One witness who did not know either of the people she claimed to see (and whose descriptions did not fit the people police were talking about) versus two witnesses who saw the same thing - a male following closely behind a girl matching Jodi's description, one of whom knew Jodi, and they went with the former - it just doesn't make any sense.

The Bryson account went through so many changes - originally, it was almost an hour later than the time finally claimed by police (even though Mrs Bryson herself double checked the time with a phone call she'd received from her husband shortly after she got home), a ridiculously convoluted route from the shopping trip to Easthouses to view the house for sale was introduced to account for different timings and the final account (of a sighting between 4.49 and 4.54) is impossible, even by the police's own reasoning. According to that reasoning, Mrs Bryson would have been arriving at Easthouses at 4.49 - 4.54, not leaving, after getting lost trying to find the house for sale. But her account is that she made the sighting after viewing the house and turning around to head for home- she was absolutely certain of that. But if Jodi was not at the Easthouses entrance to the path by 4.49 - 4.54pm, she could not have been murdered at 5.15pm - there's not enough time for her to get from that point to the V, over the wall and sustain all of the injuries she sustained before the knife attack that killed her.

If Jodi left at 4.50pm, she couldn't have been seen at the entrance to the path at 4.49 (she was still at home). 4.50 (she was just leaving), 4.51 - 4.52:40 (that's how long it would have taken her to walk there), so the earliest time Mrs Bryson could have seen someone who could have been Jodi at the entrance to the path, on the Easthouses Road, is 4.52:40, leaving just a 1 minute and 20 seconds window for her "sighting."

We now also know that time has to be factored in for the joint Jodi smoked within an hour of her death. Her mother is adamant she did not smoke cannabis at home, none of the witnesses saw Jodi (or a girl who could have been Jodi) smoking and her friends say she would not have been walking along outside, openly smoking a joint on her own. So where, when and with whom did she smoke that joint?

Offline sandra L

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2019, 08:37:PM »

Offline Parky41

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2019, 10:12:PM »
Interesting article, I thought:

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/police-seek-youth-who-trailed-jodi-1-656152

An article to help you Nugnug - save you from posting mistaken information around the High Five sighting.

This having a smoke, clearly with Luke then, most probably in their favourite hang out place, in the woodland,
where she was murdered. Where their initials where carved into the tree. A place for them, suitable for that fly puff which they appear to have frequented prior to her death.
It really does all fit together.