Author Topic: Gofundme removes £10,000 appeal bid to clear Jodi Jones killer Luke Mitchell  (Read 6866 times)

Offline WakeyWakey

to add to this topic - crowdfund was also attempted on JustGiving and has also disapear from there now

i dont imagine crowdfund sites like this kind of stuff?

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
to add to this topic - crowdfund was also attempted on JustGiving and has also disapear from there now

i dont imagine crowdfund sites like this kind of stuff?

why are so desperate that the funding stop.

Offline WakeyWakey

why are so desperate that the funding stop.

just adding info, personally would have like to see it proceed, but I dont think target would be met or the individuals involved would be able to handleb th scrutiny

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
just adding info, personally would have like to see it proceed, but I dont think target would be met or the individuals involved would be able to handleb th scrutiny

well  they dont take them down unless somonone complians so sobodys pretty desptaye to stop the campaghn.

Offline sandra L

I'm embarrassed for you.

You managed to find the time to write not one but 2 biased (and since discredited) books. And post on forums about the case from multiple fake accounts for over a decade.

The first book took 4 years to research and write, the second took another 11 on top. Which bit of "urgent" did you not understand? It's the whole point I was trying to make - if the work has to wait until I have spare time (like it has done until now), we won't be able to get it done in time.

I can't afford to just give up my job, or only work half hours at it, in order to get the casework done in the time-frame needed.

As for "multiple fake accounts for over a decade" - not true. Pure and simple. I used a fake name in the early days for my own safety. I used Angeline on the McKie site when I could no longer get in under my own name and told people, in the very first post, it was me. I haven't posted under anything but my own name (or recognisable variations of it, like on this forum- here, I'm Sandra L), for years
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:28:AM by sandra L »

Offline sandra L

Not sure what you mean by this, wakey-wakey. I've no idea if the target would be met - that's the whole thing with fundraisers - you don't!!

But "the individuals involved would be able to handle the scrutiny?" Which individuals and what scrutiny?

Offline WakeyWakey

Not sure what you mean by this, wakey-wakey. I've no idea if the target would be met - that's the whole thing with fundraisers - you don't!!

But "the individuals involved would be able to handle the scrutiny?" Which individuals and what scrutiny?

i dont mean anything by the first part other than i have doubts that public would cough up to the extent asked

as for the second part, crowdfundin comes with natural qquestions and acountability about where money is goin. especially when framed as fundraising to take time off work to focus on the task at hand. the individuals in question would be yourself & corinne.  would you be preparedd to be as transparent as the donors (as well as naysayers) would demand of you about personal life and expenditures?

i could be wrong but ihave doubt

Offline sandra L

Absolutely. I already said in the fundraiser video I'd film every hour I spent working on the case that was being paid for by the fundraiser.

I have an independent accountant willing to produce full financial records. My "personal life and expenditures" don't come into it - every penny raised by the campaign will be accounted for in full and accurate, independent records, backed up with filmed footage of the actual work being done.

Why would Corinne be under any scrutiny? The fundraiser is not raising funds for her.

The reason I'm choosing to retain some hours from my contracted work is so that I can cover at least the most basic expenses - rent, internet connection, for example, regardless of what the fundraiser brings in.

Offline WakeyWakey

Why would Corinne be under any scrutiny? The fundraiser is not raising funds for her.

reasonable to question of why corinne, his father, his brother cant contribute to these costs themselves

cant or wont

hey, its the world we live in, but theres no real accountability whatsoever for a crowdfund, regardles of any attempt to demonstrate some. as such their notorios for just funding lifestyles

not sayin thats what would happen here, just that serious skepticism should be expected

Offline sandra L

I'm presuming, Wakey-Wakey, that you have no intention of contributing to the fundraiser, so what difference does it make to you?

I've done what I can to reassure those who want to help - it's up to them to decide whether that's good enough for them - if it's not, they won't donate. It is as simple as that.

No-one - not a single person - is under any obligation whatsoever to donate to any fundraiser - people do so for their own reasons on the basis of information available to them. Since you are not someone with any intention of contributing in any way, I owe you no further explanation/information - I've already answered all your questions about accountability and transparency anyway.

Offline Parky41

It does seem rather odd - that this figure of 10k can't be simply met by the family.
The urgency in securing this review - a review that could finally release Luke, prove innocence.
Why, IF so urgent and needed NOW - are these funds to pay for Ms Leans time not forthcoming?
The public is certainly being led to believe, that there is some urgent time limit - this can not wait.
Not simply because of further time in prison - but evidence and of sudden more interest in this case.
Is there perhaps a test here?
The test of quantity - to see who really does support this innocence, of how many and their sincerity.
If sincere enough - then they will gladly cough up £12 for an hour of Ms Leans time.
It surely, can't just be due to the importance of time, of evidence that could be lost.
The family would meet this, one would think, in an instance?
What part of this appeal for 10k is true in it's urgency, of evidence lost.
What evidence is there, that has a sell by date?
The testing of a knife in a 'lost and found' department - waiting on an owner collecting?
Or being destroyed if no owner comes forth.
Do we tie in this confession? Yes, you read that correctly, a confession.
A confession the police took no notice of.
A confession any legal team, take no notice of.
A confession the SCCRC took no notice of.
What actually, is relevant about this confession, at all?
That no-one can do anything with - is it of truth in this murder,
or some ravings of someone with a disturbed mind.
Simply - why was it not taken seriously at the time.
There are surely reasons - other than ignorance/interest as Luke was/is firmly behind bars.

It's not quite as simple as asking for donations, if interested give, if not then so be it.
There is the further interest as to why there is urgency - to do with the case itself.
There is further interest as to why Luke's family can not raise this urgent 10k.
Does this tell us - that there is, no real urgency, at all?

Offline Steve_uk

Not everyone has £10k in the bank you know. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37504449

Offline nugnug

why are certan people so desprate that it not get th funding wellithinki know why.

Offline sandra L

"Why are certain people so desperate that it doesn't get the funding? Well, I think I know why".

All these people screeching about the fundraiser have zero intention of donating, so why are they bothered about it at all? For those who wanted to help (and there are many), an accountancy and accountability process was in place so that the use of all money raised was completely transparent.

There is no taxpayer's money involved whatsoever. There's rarely taxpayer's money available for full reviews of cases which means, without money, there is no process by which cases can be independently reviewed and potential new evidence checked out. That was supposed to be what the S/CCRC was set up to do but it has clearly failed in so many cases.

If the reason people don't want the fundraiser to go ahead is that they don't want the case reviewed fully, then my question is simply why? It's not costing them anything and, if they're convinced the evidence proves conclusively that Luke is the murderer, then an independent review would (if they're right) reinforce their certainty. But if it doesn't? Is that the real reason they don't want it to happen?

In that case, I have some bad news for them. The review will go ahead, one way or another. Without the funding, it will take longer, but it will still happen. To be absolutely clear, I won't be conducting the review - that will be down to a team of experts, all highly regarded in their fields.

Offline nugnug

certan people seem desprate that areveiw doesnt happen now why would that be.