Author Topic: Five Magic Bullets  (Read 17730 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Five Magic Bullets
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2019, 07:20:PM »
So you think that five bullets from the box of 50 had been loaded, not used, unloaded and put back in the box?

The sixth bullet which had been loaded and unloaded was possibly from the box of 50 but wouldn't load right - hence it was separated from the others.

I said 'possibly'.

No, the 6th bullet would have been just like the others, tipped onto the counter - it just didn't get loaded - again - possibly.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2019, 07:25:PM »
OK, so now we have a scenario where six bullets were put back into the box, so now there were 50 in the box. Jeremy couldn't have loaded 8-10 bullets because there were 5 already in the magazine. Why didn't he just say there were some bullets already in the magazine?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2019, 07:26:PM »
Are you saying that Jeremy knew there were five bullets already in the magazine, and that he lied about loading eight or ten? Why would he lie about that?

YES! The reason he lied is because he told the police that he brought the rifle out to shoot rabbits and that he was in RUSH to do so, if they knew the mag was already loaded his in 'a rush' scenario falls on it's arse! If you were in a rush and the rifle was ready to go, why would he need to get more ammo, tip it onto the counter ........... basically, the whole rabbit story makes no sense!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2019, 07:28:PM »
OK, so now we have a scenario where six bullets were put back into the box, so now there were 50 in the box. Jeremy couldn't have loaded 8-10 bullets because there were 5 already in the magazine. Why didn't he just say there were some bullets already in the magazine?

Just answered this.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2019, 07:30:PM »
how did Shelia overpower Jeremy sweet Caroline?

What you on about? Who said she did?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2019, 07:33:PM »
how does the five foot seven " slip of a girl Shelia caffell" prevent the 6 foot Bamber effecting a one shot suicide for the fourteenth time???

What's this got to do with the five extra bullets? Read the thread title!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2019, 07:41:PM »
what makes someone taking more ammunition more than required sinister? It's idiots like you who create idiotic red herrings

And it's idiots like you that would let a five times murderer roam the streets. Why don't you try reading the thread, learn something and stop disrupting! You have nothing to add except the usual crap!

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2019, 07:48:PM »
YES! The reason he lied is because he told the police that he brought the rifle out to shoot rabbits and that he was in RUSH to do so, if they knew the mag was already loaded his in 'a rush' scenario falls on it's arse! If you were in a rush and the rifle was ready to go, why would he need to get more ammo, tip it onto the counter ........... basically, the whole rabbit story makes no sense!

OK, I can see that. It's a bit thin though. He said he was in a rush and at virtually the same time he said he loaded 8-10 bullets. It's not like he said he was in a rush, and then later he had to come up with an explanation as to why he loaded another 3-5 bullets. He could have just said that there were bullets in the magazine and he just filled it right up with another few bullets.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2019, 07:52:PM »
OK, I can see that. It's a bit thin though. He said he was in a rush and at virtually the same time he said he loaded 8-10 bullets. It's not like he said he was in a rush, and then later he had to come up with an explanation as to why he loaded another 3-5 bullets. He could have just said that there were bullets in the magazine and he just filled it right up with another few bullets.

He could have, but he didn't. I don't think it's thin - things in isolation will may seem that way, when you put them altogether though, that's what makes the difference.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2019, 07:56:PM »
He could have, but he didn't. I don't think it's thin - things in isolation will may seem that way, when you put them altogether though, that's what makes the difference.

It also begs the question - if he was in a rush, why did he need to fill the magazine to shoot two rabbits?

Offline ILB

« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2019, 08:07:PM »
So far, most of what you have posted has been bollocks but I also repeat ....... this thread isn't about being overpowered!
was Shelia wearing shin pads?
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Caroline

« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2019, 08:27:PM »
I wish you'd stop this. You're a good poster who raises some good questions, but you're being a bit silly now.

I must have missed that. He won't stop, he thinks he's being witty an assuming. If he had the ability to debate properly, that's what he'd be doing but .......  :-\

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2019, 08:00:AM »

Your possible explanation makes perfect sense - about there being five bullets in the magazine which were not removed, and that there were six bullets in the box which had previously been loaded into the magazine and then returned to the box.

I'm just wondering if Jeremy could have been mistaken rather than lying. I've watched videos of magazines being loaded and it's not clear how someone could tell how many bullets were in a magazine. They could see there was at least one though, but is it possible that he didn't see it?

Is it likely that five bullets would be left in the magazine from the last time it was used? I've read comments about Nevill being careful about guns, and how he put them away. I'm not sure that's the case though as guns were found in other places around the house.

Offline Jane

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2019, 08:36:AM »

This is the problem when we attribute certain qualities to characters. Whilst we may not insert that they "always" did, that's how it's read. I have no doubt that Nevill was usually "careful about guns", especially so when the children were around. However, it appears, that on the night in question, there was 'stuff' going on. "Always" can't 'always' be guaranteed. From the general state of the kitchen, if Nevill was usually meticulous -even careful- he was the only person in the house who was, but it was "only" the kitchen, and, I suspect, a working kitchen with sundry comings and goings. It's not impossible that the rest of the house looked very different.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2019, 08:49:AM »

This is the problem when we attribute certain qualities to characters. Whilst we may not insert that they "always" did, that's how it's read. I have no doubt that Nevill was usually "careful about guns", especially so when the children were around. However, it appears, that on the night in question, there was 'stuff' going on. "Always" can't 'always' be guaranteed. From the general state of the kitchen, if Nevill was usually meticulous -even careful- he was the only person in the house who was, but it was "only" the kitchen, and, I suspect, a working kitchen with sundry comings and goings. It's not impossible that the rest of the house looked very different.

I agree, but there was an insistence from some that Nevill always put guns away, and he clearly didn't. There were guns found in other places - the downstairs washroom, and the stairs leading from the kitchen - according to David Boutflour. They might not have been loaded, but they weren't put away, and the gun cupboard wasn't locked.

If the six bullets which had been loaded and unloaded before were put back in the box, that would suggest some kind of order, but if there were five bullets in the magazine, then that order wasn't always followed even before that night.