Author Topic: Five Magic Bullets  (Read 17731 times)

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
Re: Five Magic Bullets
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2019, 05:54:PM »
No, he said there were six! One full bullet left on the counter and 5 used cases. Bamber not Sheila has to have unloaded and reloaded because one of the bullets had to have come from the new pack! Also, Bamber gave his statement very soon after the murders and you're trying to say he didn't remember that the magazine was partially loaded? Please!

No problem. The box of bullets which Jeremy took had 49 bullets in it.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2019, 05:58:PM »
I'm looking at the possibility of either of them doing it.

For what reason did he unload the bullets? Can you think of a valid reason he did that?

You think he brought the bullets with him, but not the magazine? Why would he need to bring his own bullets?

It really looks as though you're actually looking for an excuse for Bamber NOT to have done it. I have given several possibilities of why he may have unloaded the clip. However, to keep giving reasons why someone acted the way  they did is just to speculate. The FACTS are that Jeremy said the Magazine was empty, he took it, the rifle and a box of ammo from the study, tipped the ammo onto the counter top and loaded 8-10 rounds. 25 bullets were used in the killings, which should have left 25, there were 30 so clearly the magazine was partially loaded. He either loaded and reloaded or the box of ammo contained bullets that had previously been loaded and replaced on the box. Who knows - we never will, that's for sure.

I'm really not sure where you got the impression that I believe he brought his own bullets? - It never even crossed my mind.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2019, 06:00:PM »
No problem. The box of bullets which Jeremy took had 49 bullets in it.

Where did you get that from?

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2019, 06:03:PM »
It really looks as though you're actually looking for an excuse for Bamber NOT to have done it. I have given several possibilities of why he may have unloaded the clip. However, to keep giving reasons why someone acted the way  they did is just to speculate. The FACTS are that Jeremy said the Magazine was empty, he took it, the rifle and a box of ammo from the study, tipped the ammo onto the counter top and loaded 8-10 rounds. 25 bullets were used in the killings, which should have left 25, there were 30 so clearly the magazine was partially loaded. He either loaded and reloaded or the box of ammo contained bullets that had previously been loaded and replaced on the box. Who knows - we never will, that's for sure.

I'm really not sure where you got the impression that I believe he brought his own bullets? - It never even crossed my mind.

I can't think of a reason why Jeremy would take those six bullets out of the magazine, and neither can you.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2019, 06:13:PM »
I can't think of a reason why Jeremy would take those six bullets out of the magazine, and neither can you.

I have given you lots of reasons, trouble is, you're looking for excuses for it NOT to be Jeremy! You're asking for speculation when you have told others not to speculate. Like I have just posted, the bullets may not have been unloaded and reloaded on the occasion. Lots of permutations but NONE that makes Jeremy's story abut the rabbits remotely plausible.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2019, 06:21:PM »
I gather that one of the bullets (DRH/23) which had been loaded into the magazine and removed was found in a plastic tray or box? It migh be that that particular new bullet didn't load right, so it was placed to the side.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2019, 06:23:PM »
I have given you lots of reasons, trouble is, you're looking for excuses for it NOT to be Jeremy! You're asking for speculation when you have told others not to speculate. Like I have just posted, the bullets may not have been unloaded and reloaded on the occasion. Lots of permutations but NONE that makes Jeremy's story abut the rabbits remotely plausible.

I haven't told others not to speculate, I've merely said that opinions shouldn't be presented as facts.

If the bullets in question were loaded and unloaded previously, they wouldn't be in the magazine on the night of the murders.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2019, 06:58:PM »
Disregarding the previously loaded bullet found on the kitchen surface, I have considered the possibility that the other five had been previously loaded and unloaded, loaded again, and they then stayed in the magazine. Perhaps Jeremy was mistaken when he said the magazine was empty and there were five bullets in there. He could only have then loaded another five at most.

Of the five bullets which had been previously loaded, two were fired in the bedroom, one was fired in the kitchen, and two were fired in the children's bedroom.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2019, 07:00:PM »
I haven't told others not to speculate, I've merely said that opinions shouldn't be presented as facts.

If the bullets in question were loaded and unloaded previously, they wouldn't be in the magazine on the night of the murders.

No, but you have made an issue when others have speculated but seem to have no problem with it in this thread!

I didn't say they WERE in the magazine! I SAID they could have been in the box. You stated there were 49 in the box although you have failed to state where you got that from. That being the case, the box must have been open and the previously loaded bullets may have been in the box - having been unloaded from the magazine on a previous occasion. The bullets in the mag were loaded once!

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2019, 07:07:PM »
No, but you have made an issue when others have speculated but seem to have no problem with it in this thread!

I didn't say they WERE in the magazine! I SAID they could have been in the box. You stated there were 49 in the box although you have failed to state where you got that from. That being the case, the box must have been open and the previously loaded bullets may have been in the box - having been unloaded from the magazine on a previous occasion. The bullets in the mag were loaded once!

I didn't say you said they were in the magazine. My post was a separate one, not a reply to you.

Five of the bullets fired from the magazine were loaded twice, so I don't understand that last bit.

Never mind the 49 thing - that was simply maths, but I then thought of another alternative.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2019, 07:08:PM »
Basically, if Jeremy took a full box of 50 bullets, then there were either five already in the magazine, or he got five from elsewhere. I don't know why he would do that.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2019, 07:11:PM »
Disregarding the previously loaded bullet found on the kitchen surface, I have considered the possibility that the other five had been previously loaded and unloaded, loaded again, and they then stayed in the magazine. Perhaps Jeremy was mistaken when he said the magazine was empty and there were five bullets in there. He could only have then loaded another five at most.

Of the five bullets which had been previously loaded, two were fired in the bedroom, one was fired in the kitchen, and two were fired in the children's bedroom.

No, Jeremy wasn't mistaken, he said he loaded 8-10 rounds into the magazine NOT 5!

So, if the bullets were in the rifle, it would mean the shooter fired twice in the bedroom, went into the twins room and then the kitchen. For starters, June was shot 3 times while in bed - not twice. It would mean one twin was shot leaving the other while they then headed off downstairs to shoot Nevill - once. The twice loaded bullets were loaded randomly! So they were either removed and reloaded from the Mag or they were in the box of ammo that Bamber tipped on the counter and the mag was already loaded with bullets that had been loaded once.

By the way, you can't just ignore the extra bullet!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2019, 07:16:PM »
I didn't say you said they were in the magazine. My post was a separate one, not a reply to you.

Five of the bullets fired from the magazine were loaded twice, so I don't understand that last bit.

Never mind the 49 thing - that was simply maths, but I then thought of another alternative.

IF the box that Bamber brought to the kitchen was open, it could have contained bullets that had been loaded and unloaded from the magazine and replaced in the box. This would explain the random nature of how those bullets were fired, given that they would have been tipped onto the counter altogether. The 'extra' 5 could have been bullets that has NOT been previously loaded.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2019, 07:18:PM »
No, Jeremy wasn't mistaken, he said he loaded 8-10 rounds into the magazine NOT 5!

So, if the bullets were in the rifle, it would mean the shooter fired twice in the bedroom, went into the twins room and then the kitchen. For starters, June was shot 3 times while in bed - not twice. It would mean one twin was shot leaving the other while they then headed off downstairs to shoot Nevill - once. The twice loaded bullets were loaded randomly! So they were either removed and reloaded from the Mag or they were in the box of ammo that Bamber tipped on the counter and the mag was already loaded with bullets that had been loaded once.

By the way, you can't just ignore the extra bullet!

So you think that five bullets from the box of 50 had been loaded, not used, unloaded and put back in the box?

The sixth bullet which had been loaded and unloaded was possibly from the box of 50 but wouldn't load right - hence it was separated from the others.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2019, 07:20:PM »
Are you saying that Jeremy knew there were five bullets already in the magazine, and that he lied about loading eight or ten? Why would he lie about that?