Author Topic: Five Magic Bullets  (Read 458 times)

Online lookout

Re: Five Magic Bullets
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 09:58:PM »
Weren't there 2 rifles on the go ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 10:10:PM »
Weren't there 2 rifles on the go ?

No.

Online lookout

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2019, 10:29:PM »
No.

I find that hard to believe because of the one which was broken as it's not the one which was on Sheila's body because that doesn't show a break.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2019, 11:25:PM »

I find that hard to believe because of the one which was broken as it's not the one which was on Sheila's body because that doesn't show a break.

There was only one and it had a broken stock but you carry on believing as many myths as you like.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 01:23:AM »
I can't find it in his interrogation?

However, the argument that Sheila would have looked for more bullets when they were readily available on the counter top is very weak - I think it would have been worth pursuing.

Its in his interrogation somewhere. I don't have time to look right now.

Sheila would have known the bullets were kept in the gun cupboard (she once lived there). Its the place she would have gone to if she did not initially recall or notice the bullets on the kitchen worktop in the first place.

The prosecutions strategy was to convince the jury she cant have done it. To say she could not put her hand in a cupboard where the ammo was usually kept would only make the prosecution look silly.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 04:46:AM »

Sheila would have known the bullets were kept in the gun cupboard (she once lived there). Its the place she would have gone to if she did not initially recall or notice the bullets on the kitchen worktop in the first place.

The prosecutions strategy was to convince the jury she cant have done it. To say she could not put her hand in a cupboard where the ammo was usually kept would only make the prosecution look silly.

If you find it please post it, tried to look but eyes started to glaze over.

Re: Sheila taking just 5 bullets, isn't a strong argument and I don't think you really buy that. 25 bullets were used from the counter top, so she is hardly likely to have gone elsewhere.

Online lookout

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2019, 11:38:AM »
There was only one and it had a broken stock but you carry on believing as many myths as you like.

They're not myths and I'm not blind but the rifle on Sheila looks intact to me.

Online lookout

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2019, 11:42:AM »

If handbags were put/kept on the worktop a box of loose bullets wouldn't have been missed. Was it June's handbag which was photographed there beside the box ?

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2019, 12:08:PM »

If handbags were put/kept on the worktop a box of loose bullets wouldn't have been missed. Was it June's handbag which was photographed there beside the box ?

The whole argument is based on an assumption that Sheila would notice the bullets and later remember them being there prior to first having to reload.

The defence narrative is simple. After shooting eight bullets into June and Nevill she then goes to where she knows the ammo is kept and loads five bullets. Realising soon after there is another source of ammunition on the kitchen worktop.

A prosecutions narrative is actually more problematic. Since only five bullets were taken from the cupboard and 20 from the kitchen table. Hence the killer used 20 bullets from the kitchen. Why then would Jeremy take five from the cupboard? He would undoubtedly know about the ones on the kitchen table since he put them there.

Online lookout

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2019, 12:32:PM »
The whole argument is based on an assumption that Sheila would notice the bullets and later remember them being there prior to first having to reload.

The defence narrative is simple. After shooting eight bullets into June and Nevill she then goes to where she knows the ammo is kept and loads five bullets. Realising soon after there is another source of ammunition on the kitchen worktop.

A prosecutions narrative is actually more problematic. Since only five bullets were taken from the cupboard and 20 from the kitchen table. Hence the killer used 20 bullets from the kitchen. Why then would Jeremy take five from the cupboard? He would undoubtedly know about the ones on the kitchen table since he put them there.

Explained like that it makes no mystery of it at all.

Online lookout

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2019, 12:39:PM »
---------I must go out and buy the Mirror after I've brushed me hair. JB's made headline news !

Offline Caroline

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 02:45:PM »
---------I must go out and buy the Mirror after I've brushed me hair. JB's made headline news !

Yeah, I know - CT at it again!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Caroline

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 02:46:PM »

Explained like that it makes no mystery of it at all.

So you buy the suggestion that with a counter top full of bullets, Sheila goes and takes another 5 from a new pack?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2019, 03:08:PM »

I don't think June would have left her handbag there by the phone all night.

Online lookout

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2019, 03:09:PM »
So you buy the suggestion that with a counter top full of bullets, Sheila goes and takes another 5 from a new pack?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well she wasn't in the right frame of mind was she ?