Author Topic: The ITV Drama  (Read 150363 times)

Offline Jane

Re: The ITV Drama
« Reply #945 on: January 09, 2020, 09:58:AM »
I'm wondering if " Taff " Jones really did shout like his character did ? We'll never know will we, but it wasn't altogether professional and would naturally have caused a lot of unrest among the rest of the officers ?. It's not the way to be when leading a team. I'd have expected more reverence during that time.

When someone loses their temper and appears to belittle you because of their higher position it's never a good move and can/does create hostilities which in this case is exactly what happened.

But Lookout, you have to look at his psychology! Many men of "diminished stature" feel the need to exert authority. They have "attitude". The way the two Jones's have been cast is a perfect example of this. You have the larger, more placid, thinking character, balanced against the small, fiery, "I'm in charge" character. I suspect that now, MORE than then, there maybe more dialogue between ranks, hopefully leading to more comfortable working relationships.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:02:AM by Jane »

Offline lookout

« Reply #946 on: January 09, 2020, 10:05:AM »

But Lookout, you have to look at his psychology! Many men of "diminished stature" feel the need to exert authority. The way the two Jones's have been cast is a perfect example of this. You have the larger, more placid, thinking character, balanced against the small, fiery, "I'm in charge" character. I suspect that now, MORE than then, there maybe more dialogue between ranks, hopefully leading to more comfortable working relationships.

SJ was by no means the robust " giant-like " figure portrayed last night. The real thing, pictured with JM isn't much taller/bigger than she. " Taff " was no small figure either in his pic which was taken with other colleagues at some unction or other.

Offline lookout

« Reply #947 on: January 09, 2020, 10:12:AM »
Anyone inclined to "get their own back "on a bossy individual will go to great lengths to achieve their goal, which is exactly what SJ did, though it mattered even less as time went on as " Taff " was dead anyway.

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #948 on: January 09, 2020, 10:19:AM »
Anyone inclined to "get their own back "on a bossy individual will go to great lengths to achieve their goal, which is exactly what SJ did, though it mattered even less as time went on as " Taff " was dead anyway.
poor stan getting stick for doing his job and uncovering a mass murderer

Offline lookout

« Reply #949 on: January 09, 2020, 10:22:AM »

Albeit the wrong one.

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #950 on: January 09, 2020, 10:26:AM »

Albeit the wrong one.
depends what side of the fence ones on,lookout,

Offline lookout

« Reply #951 on: January 09, 2020, 10:27:AM »
depends what side of the fence ones on,lookout,

Of course it does.

guest7363

« Reply #952 on: January 09, 2020, 10:35:AM »
He deserves a lot of praise Sami. 

Offline David1819

« Reply #953 on: January 09, 2020, 10:48:AM »

Stan didn't uncover anything. All he did was collect a silencer from the relatives and hand it to DI Cook. He then went on holiday for the rest of month. Then took Julies statement when he got back.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #954 on: January 09, 2020, 10:49:AM »
I won't watch it, precisely because it is a one-sided stitch-up. It's like when Hollywood tries to sell you their master's version of events: we are the good guys vs them are the bad guys. I think its commissioning will likely have been murky, at least somewhere along the line.

If you are a 'supporter' you have to just suck it up. It's what we're used to. Instead, we tend to prefer channelling our interest towards ballistics experts like Boyce or from the USA. We realise things sometimes get rejected because they're not up to scratch [pardon the pun re Sutherst and the mantlepiece]. But we also know they get rejected on technicalities.. because.. they have to be rejected. Otherwise, 'true story' dramas like this would never get made.

I've said for years public opinion is the key to overturning the conviction. It's quite obvious that the people behind this drama are accutely aware of this also.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:52:AM by Roch »

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #955 on: January 09, 2020, 10:59:AM »
I am a retred Police officer and after leaving the Met Police, I spent 10 years on Essex Police M.I.T. I have always believed that Jeremy is innocent and have had many heated discussions with Essex Police officers who point blank refuse to listen to reason. This is one of the U.K.'s worst cases of injustice and Essex Police should be made to cooperate fully.
ROY TYZACK, Brentwood, ENG, United Kingdom2 days ago
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

guest7363

« Reply #956 on: January 09, 2020, 10:59:AM »
I won't watch it, precisely because it is a one-sided stitch-up. It's like when Hollywood tries to sell you their master's version of events: we are the good guys vs them are the bad guys. I think its commissioning will likely have been murky, at least somewhere along the line.

If you are a 'supporter' you have to just suck it up. It's what we're used to. Instead, we tend to prefer channelling our interest towards ballistics experts like Boyce or from the USA. We realise things sometimes get rejected because they're not up to scratch [pardon the pun re Sutherst and the mantlepiece]. But we also know they get rejected on technicalities.. because.. they have to be rejected. Otherwise, 'true story' dramas like this would never get made.

I've said for years public opinion is the key to overturning the conviction. It's quite obvious that the people behind this drama are accutely aware of this also.
I don’t know Roch, the opening episode left viewers with some doubt, I must admit sometimes it is hard watching and you know the outcome, but it’s still interesting and I’ve had very good feed back from neutrals.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #957 on: January 09, 2020, 11:26:AM »
I don’t know Roch, the opening episode left viewers with some doubt, I must admit sometimes it is hard watching and you know the outcome, but it’s still interesting and I’ve had very good feed back from neutrals.

Well RJ, I may change my mind and watch it. But I think as the episodes go on, it's got to look more like he did it. If this were not the case, and they wanted to be more neutral, they would have cooperated with the defence. I should add, I feel heartfelt sorry for Colin. He believes what he believes. But I think that while he already knew Jeremy was no angel, he has been sold a perpetrator by the police and relatives. If it was ever proven in a court of law that it could not have been JB, how will Colin cope?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #958 on: January 09, 2020, 11:36:AM »
I am a retred Police officer and after leaving the Met Police, I spent 10 years on Essex Police M.I.T. I have always believed that Jeremy is innocent and have had many heated discussions with Essex Police officers who point blank refuse to listen to reason. This is one of the U.K.'s worst cases of injustice and Essex Police should be made to cooperate fully.
ROY TYZACK, Brentwood, ENG, United Kingdom2 days ago

Fair play to him for writing that. Presumably, he wouldn't get on very well with the wives of some of the anonymous ex or deceased EP officers that we get told on here 'were convinced'  ;D

guest7363

« Reply #959 on: January 09, 2020, 11:45:AM »
Well RJ, I may change my mind and watch it. But I think as the episodes go on, it's got to look more like he did it. If this were not the case, and they wanted to be more neutral, they would have cooperated with the defence. I should add, I feel heartfelt sorry for Colin. He believes what he believes. But I think that while he already knew Jeremy was no angel, he has been sold a perpetrator by the police and relatives. If it was ever proven in a court of law that it could not have been JB, how will Colin cope?
Good post Roch and agree with you, I think it just goes along with what we know, not what we don’t?  Posters have wanted a six part series now they’ve got one, Jackie wanted one just on Julie, I would have watched this as well or anything that can or show him innocent.