Author Topic: The ITV Drama  (Read 150364 times)

Offline Jane

Re: The ITV Drama
« Reply #765 on: January 06, 2020, 07:49:PM »

They didn't need to have said anything as the first pic showed it as abandoned and forgotten.

Or did they pick any untended grave? C'mon. It was a publicity stunt.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #766 on: January 06, 2020, 08:03:PM »
Here

I suppose I could look at Colin's involvement with the drama another way and that's payback for an amount that he didn't receive like the others did by way of a financial " lift " after the deaths. Not a penny was he offered out of the fortune which had been gained so I suppose it's small consolation toward the fact that he too lost something from his life which it too has to be recognised.

And here
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,10094.msg467059.html#msg467059

The post after my reply to Steve.

Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #767 on: January 06, 2020, 08:14:PM »
The unkempt grave? More BS! How is the grave unkempt?

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #768 on: January 06, 2020, 08:15:PM »
family background should start with the wonderful gesture of neville and june adopting jb and sc
Adoption should never be a ‘wonderful gesture’!  Do you also think the children should have been ‘grateful’ ?  Adoption should be about unconditional love and respect for the child the parents have committed to.  This is why these days there are so many checks on prospective adopters, it’s should never be about the parents but all about the security and care of the child.  Unfortunately don’t think June and Nevill quite got that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 08:16:PM by maggie »

Offline lookout

« Reply #769 on: January 06, 2020, 08:24:PM »

Or did they pick any untended grave? C'mon. It was a publicity stunt.

How can you say that about someone's grave ? Empathy ? Where is it ?

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #770 on: January 06, 2020, 08:24:PM »
Adoption should never be a ‘wonderful gesture’!  Do you also think the children should have been ‘grateful’ ?  Adoption should be about unconditional love and respect for the child the parents have committed to.  This is why these days there are so many checks on prospective adopters, it’s should never be about the parents but all about the security and care of the child.  Unfortunately don’t think June and Nevill quite got that.
is it not a wonderful gesture, by adopting them they saved them from going in and out of homes and different foster parents,ive been there when 14 yrs old for a short spell so i know what its like,some had been in different homes most of their short lives others had been given to foster parents who grave them back after several years.NO way what so ever can june and neville be seen in a bad light because of jb,s actions no one forced him to kill the family it was his choice

Offline lookout

« Reply #771 on: January 06, 2020, 08:25:PM »
Well that old wreath looks as though it's spent a few Christmas's there before it was replaced.

Offline Jane

« Reply #772 on: January 06, 2020, 08:28:PM »

As I've said, previously, I believe June and Nevill, not unlike some other adoptive parents had certain expectations of their children which they were expected to fulfill -just as they'd have expected of their biological children to whom it may have come more easily. Because the adopted children may have have different views -needs- the rural, farming life not being innate in them, they'd have been criticized. As the saying goes, if you continually criticize your children, they won't stop loving you. They will stop loving themselves.

Offline Jane

« Reply #773 on: January 06, 2020, 08:33:PM »

How can you say that about someone's grave ? Empathy ? Where is it ?

Get real, Lookout. Trudi had never met the Bambers. She could have picked ANY untended grave for this publicity stunt. There may have been some excuse had it been a private gesture but it wasn't. THAT'S not empathy.

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #774 on: January 06, 2020, 08:36:PM »

As I've said, previously, I believe June and Nevill, not unlike some other adoptive parents had certain expectations of their children which they were expected to fulfill -just as they'd have expected of their biological children to whom it may have come more easily. Because the adopted children may have have different views -needs- the rural, farming life not being innate in them, they'd have been criticized. As the saying goes, if you continually criticize your children, they won't stop loving you. They will stop loving themselves.
i agree jane good post,i was beaten mercilessly as a child and them dumped in a care home for a year by my dad,but whatever ive done in life thats been bad i did it through my own free will,and have never used my violent childhood as an excuse for my bad behaviour

Offline lookout

« Reply #775 on: January 06, 2020, 08:49:PM »

Get real, Lookout. Trudi had never met the Bambers. She could have picked ANY untended grave for this publicity stunt. There may have been some excuse had it been a private gesture but it wasn't. THAT'S not empathy.

But she didn't pick any untended grave did she ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #776 on: January 06, 2020, 08:53:PM »
Well that old wreath looks as though it's spent a few Christmas's there before it was replaced.

No it doesn't.

Offline Jane

« Reply #777 on: January 06, 2020, 08:54:PM »
i agree jane good post,i was beaten mercilessly as a child and them dumped in a care home for a year by my dad,but whatever ive done in life thats been bad i did it through my own free will,and have never used my violent childhood as an excuse for my bad behaviour

It was brave of you to take ownership of it, Sami. Sadly, sometimes the abuse doesn't leave marks which show and it takes some abused children a very long time before they take on board that they weren't responsible for the abuse. They never saw it as such. They saw it as punishment for getting it wrong. The affect of constant criticism.

Offline Jane

« Reply #778 on: January 06, 2020, 08:56:PM »

How do you know that? Were you with her? The Bambers aren't the only one's buried in that church yard.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #779 on: January 06, 2020, 09:00:PM »

The gave isn't untended at all.