Author Topic: The ITV Drama  (Read 150323 times)

Offline Jane

Re: The ITV Drama
« Reply #525 on: January 03, 2020, 04:18:PM »
I try to understand the hurt caused to some who have been adopted or fostered, my wife was fostered, the rejection inside must be so hurtful and I’ve not got to lose track of that hurt, I’m fortunate that I’ve never had cause to come even close to saying I hate my parents.

No worries, RJ, and it's good to know. Neither has the vast majority, both biological and adopted.

Offline lookout

« Reply #526 on: January 03, 2020, 04:19:PM »
Allegedly, he chose not to. I get it. He's aware of the part he has to play. I hope you're not stretching it a bit, making a banquet out of a crispbread by alluding to CAL's admission.

I do think it's a bit " off " to use gossip though as gossip isn't always taken as the truth.

Offline lookout

« Reply #527 on: January 03, 2020, 04:22:PM »
Admitting so is worse. She should have kept her trap shut, though I'm aware that many authors can't. :o

Offline Jane

« Reply #528 on: January 03, 2020, 04:24:PM »

I do think it's a bit " off " to use gossip though as gossip isn't always taken as the truth.

I won't be looking for it, Lookout, and I imagine, if such is included, the majority won't recognize it, anyway.

Offline Jane

« Reply #529 on: January 03, 2020, 04:25:PM »
Admitting so is worse. She should have kept her trap shut, though I'm aware that many authors can't. :o

I can hear you feel resentful of her, the book, and the series.

Offline lookout

« Reply #530 on: January 03, 2020, 04:42:PM »

I can hear you feel resentful of her, the book, and the series.

Not really but I do feel that they can get away with a lot more than the ordinary man in the street, by their use of words for a start. This goes for many who are in the public eye. I would probably have followed the series in a better frame of mind if it had been written by the likes of Peter James who's written many crime books so knows more than just a hint of gossip to please his readers.   

Offline Jane

« Reply #531 on: January 03, 2020, 04:48:PM »

Not really but I do feel that they can get away with a lot more than the ordinary man in the street, by their use of words for a start. This goes for many who are in the public eye. I would probably have followed the series in a better frame of mind if it had been written by the likes of Peter James who's written many crime books so knows more than just a hint of gossip to please his readers.

Why don't you reserve judgement, Lookout. It maybe that even though you don't agree with it, it will be well presented.

Offline Jan

« Reply #532 on: January 03, 2020, 04:52:PM »
Ex Army Officer named James Richards who took the stand, he remembered having a conversation with a Jeremy in the summer of 1985 when Jeremy Said “ I hate my Fucking Parents” he said it two or three times. So like I say, it’s constantly playing in his head, it’s not a spur of the moment, it’s like a disease with in him and it makes the Motif appear stronger.

what was his relationship to  Jeremy and the family ?

also i have often wondered how many of the people who actually worked with him or lived very close by were actually called in to testify

I have  neice who keeps telling her mother she wishes she would jump of a bridge so she can get at her money - i am not sure she accepts the consequence of a loose tongue. i might tell her to watch then programme .

Offline Jan

« Reply #533 on: January 03, 2020, 05:00:PM »
that's confusing you say ex army officer - but in some places it says student ? Was he someone Jeremy know from the pub?

guest7363

« Reply #534 on: January 03, 2020, 05:02:PM »
what was his relationship to  Jeremy and the family ?

also i have often wondered how many of the people who actually worked with him or lived very close by were actually called in to testify

I have  neice who keeps telling her mother she wishes she would jump of a bridge so she can get at her money - i am not sure she accepts the consequence of a loose tongue. i might tell her to watch then programme .
He was a friend of Julies Jan, I think he shared the flat with her? Jeremy admitted it was the sort of thing young people might say when complaining about their parents, although he denied saying it.

Offline Jane

« Reply #535 on: January 03, 2020, 05:07:PM »
He was a friend of Julies Jan, I think he shared the flat with her? Jeremy admitted it was the sort of thing young people might say when complaining about their parents, although he denied saying it.

I seem to recall that there were a couple of military chaps living in the flat. The objected to grass being smoked? Perhaps the smell clung to their uniforms? I may be well off track with this.

Offline Jan

« Reply #536 on: January 03, 2020, 05:10:PM »
he was a student at the time - who went on to be in the army . it just sounded as if he was an older army officer giving evidence . So I was confused .

an acquaintance then

Offline lookout

« Reply #537 on: January 03, 2020, 05:11:PM »
It's usually those who remain silent are the ones to watch because you don't know what they're thinking. The ones with the loose tongues never worry me, though foolish.  They're a bit like the  " empty vessels"------

It just shows how utterly thick Jeremy was for speaking about his parents in this manner though as it could have given someone else carte-blanche to have carried out the murders leaving him to carry the can as it was he who'd said it in the first place  ::)  It's damned dangerous and JB should have known better. Walls have ears !!

guest7363

« Reply #538 on: January 03, 2020, 05:11:PM »
that's confusing you say ex army officer - but in some places it says student ? Was he someone Jeremy know from the pub?
Hi Jan, yes it is a bit, but it just says an ex Army officer called James Richards who rented a room at her digs in Lewisham?  It says the jury heard from a student friend of Julie’s?  Average age of graduates from Sandhurst was 23 years old?  Maybe he had been a cadet type at Sandhurst?

guest7363

« Reply #539 on: January 03, 2020, 05:14:PM »
he was a student at the time - who went on to be in the army . it just sounded as if he was an older army officer giving evidence . So I was confused .

an acquaintance then
Yes they probably glammed him up a bit 🙈