Author Topic: The ITV Drama  (Read 150371 times)

Offline Jane

Re: The ITV Drama
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2019, 08:12:AM »
I watched a video where Barbara Wilson said she heard raised voices(or something like that) when she was on the phone to Nevill. Does that not support the argument that there was indeed some kind of disagreement going on?

I also read somewhere that Sheila was a bit upset about her haircut. Did she have her hair cut when she was in Essex?

I hope nobody asks me for links, but I can probably find them if I need to.

I thought witness statements were the only things you accepted as evidential? BW doesn't mention raised voices in hers, does she?

Re the haircut. Firstly, making journey's to get haircuts isn't something I'd expect of anyone with severe depression. Secondly, it appears that Sheila's every move, during her time at WHF, has been thoroughly documented. No mention has been made of her having a hair appointment. Given how isolated is WHF, she'd have needed transport to get 'there' which would have been either Tollesbury, Tiptree, Maldon, or Witham. I imagine that whoever had been responsible for it would have been only too ready to have come forward, hairdressers being excellent barometers of clients' moods.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2019, 12:19:PM »
I watched a video where Barbara Wilson said she heard raised voices(or something like that) when she was on the phone to Nevill. Does that not support the argument that there was indeed some kind of disagreement going on?

I also read somewhere that Sheila was a bit upset about her haircut. Did she have her hair cut when she was in Essex?

I hope nobody asks me for links, but I can probably find them if I need to.

I have never heard her say she heard raised voices, just that Nevill was short with her and that she suspected he'd had an argument with someone. No it doesn't support Jeremy's tale given that when June spoke to Pam, she was more concerned abut Sheila being withdrawn than anything else and Sheila couldn't even be bothered to talk.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2019, 05:53:PM »
I didn't say I only accepted witness statements. I saw Barbara Wilson speaking in a video - it wasn't hearsay. I'll see if I can locate the video.

I'm sure I read about a hair cut somewhere - I'll do some research.

Offline lookout

« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2019, 06:36:PM »
I said that this drama was bad timing. Mark Newby has written to the producer about the case being "active " at present with the ongoing process of returning it to the COA.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2019, 06:38:PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpFfIUCgVok

21.30. I assume that's the real Barbara Wilson?

Sandra Elston who saw Sheila Caffell on 31 July 1985 said the deceased appeared well and her only concern was about a poor haircut she had recently had.

That's from the 2002 appeal document, so pretty reliable IMO. It seems the haircut was in July, so not done in Essex.

http://www.homepage-link.to/justice/judgements/Bamber/index.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 06:39:PM by Kaldin »

Offline lookout

« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2019, 06:47:PM »
I said that this drama was bad timing. Mark Newby has written to the producer about the case being "active " at present with the ongoing process of returning it to the COA.

JB had suggested that the drama be delayed pending the High Court case.

Offline Jane

« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2019, 06:50:PM »

WHAT High Court case?

Offline lookout

« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2019, 06:54:PM »

WHAT High Court case?

Well obviously Mark Newby knows more than us ! Why shouldn't he ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2019, 07:00:PM »

Well obviously Mark Newby knows more than us ! Why shouldn't he ?

Probably, but it doesn't mean to say that a High Court case is in the offing.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2019, 07:03:PM »

Sounds like delay tactics to me. Rather hilarious that they have stated "such a drama series by its nature will place a fictitious narrative in the public domain which may be counter productive to the administration of justice in due course". It's OK to change the who argument about the timings though - guess the wind changed! ITV won't fall for this.

https://www.qualitysolicitors.com//jordans/news/2019/12/jeremy-bamber-itv-drama-statement

guest7363

« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2019, 07:04:PM »

Why does he say it’s going to high court

guest7363

« Reply #236 on: December 17, 2019, 07:07:PM »
Sounds like delay tactics to me. Rather hilarious that they have stated "such a drama series by its nature will place a fictitious narrative in the public domain which may be counter productive to the administration of justice in due course". It's OK to change the who argument about the timings though - guess the wind changed! ITV won't fall for this.

https://www.qualitysolicitors.com//jordans/news/2019/12/jeremy-bamber-itv-drama-statement
Thanks Caroline just read it

Offline Caroline

« Reply #237 on: December 17, 2019, 07:08:PM »
Why does he say it’s going to high court

To try and get documents released.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2019, 12:54:PM »
TV guides full of the new drama series .....

Offline lookout

« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2019, 01:44:PM »
It'll be lost in sensationalization.