Author Topic: The ITV Drama  (Read 150319 times)

guest7363

Re: The ITV Drama
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2019, 02:40:PM »
I must admit to having very mixed feelings about the series. I don't know why but I feel uncomfortable about it.
I don’t think how it’s portrayed will have any effect either way Lookout, it’s a story that could be changed to suit, at the end of the day these directors will go for dramatising and organising the realisation of his/her version.

Offline lookout

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2019, 03:01:PM »
I don’t think how it’s portrayed will have any effect either way Lookout, it’s a story that could be changed to suit, at the end of the day these directors will go for dramatising and organising the realisation of his/her version.

Because I'm such a stickler for the truth and what you say about dramatization opens up an opportunity to skirt around certain areas which, in the background, get little or no mention and which is invariably part and parcel of the " plot " such as the thorough and individual investigation ( or lack of ) in all those concerned who had a vested interest.

The above couldn't possibly be written into just 6x1 hour episodes. A crime of this proportion can't be condensed without full knowledge of each individual.

Offline David1819

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2019, 03:26:PM »

Because I'm such a stickler for the truth and what you say about dramatization opens up an opportunity to skirt around certain areas which, in the background, get little or no mention and which is invariably part and parcel of the " plot " such as the thorough and individual investigation ( or lack of ) in all those concerned who had a vested interest.

The above couldn't possibly be written into just 6x1 hour episodes. A crime of this proportion can't be condensed without full knowledge of each individual.

This series is made purely for entertainment purposes.

The best way to make a drama about a case like this is to make both characters look culpable and not give it a proper ending and leave the conclusion to the imagination to the audience.

That's how I would direct it.

Offline lookout

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2019, 03:50:PM »

The best way to make a drama about a case like this is to make both characters look culpable and not give it a proper ending and leave the conclusion to the imagination to the audience.

I'd thought of that too but nobody likes to feel cheated do they ? I suppose it's all down to what we here know about the case and what we feel will be omitted.

Offline Adam

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2019, 03:58:PM »
That is just her scenario at the end, we all have one of those. However, the book itself is a goos account of the facts and certainly the best on the market.

Appreciate it is her scenario.

Don't believe Nevill would follow Bamber downstairs.

Firstly he is badly injured. If he was going to attack him, better to save energy & wait until he returns upstairs.

Bamber may also hear Nevill come downstairs & shoot him when or before he arrives.

Nevill may also try to wake Sheila & the twins while Bamber was in the kitchen. After seeing how badly injured June was.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 03:59:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Online ILB

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2019, 04:23:PM »
Appreciate it is her scenario.

Don't believe Nevill would follow Bamber downstairs.

Firstly he is badly injured. If he was going to attack him, better to save energy & wait until he returns upstairs.

Bamber may also hear Nevill come downstairs & shoot him when or before he arrives.

Nevill may also try to wake Sheila & the twins while Bamber was in the kitchen. After seeing how badly injured June was.
save energy? That's laughable. This is a real life scenario. Nevill would have been going at Jeremy like the clappers. We're not playing grand theft auto.....
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Caroline

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2019, 04:36:PM »

Because of " Taff's " sudden  and untimely death he wasn't around to see or involve himself in any way, least of all at the most important part of the case, i.e. the trial.

His role was still a major one and maybe the series doesn't get as far as the trial. We'll have to see.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2019, 04:39:PM »

That's not how this one is being played. Yes, it's main purpose is for entertainment but it's also based on both CAL and Colin's books. I think it will sticky much to the known facts.

Offline lookout

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2019, 04:58:PM »
Nevill would have disarmed Jeremy, injured or not, he'd served in the war so I'm sure he'd have been used to surprises  and would also have landed him a punch or two----not forgetting that Nevill was a strong man.

Confronting a woman, his own daughter would have been a different scenario as I honestly don't think that Nevill would have realised that she'd carry out what she must have threatened beforehand as the shots were indiscriminate even at close quarters------the type of shots which weren't afforded to someone who was used to firing a rifle.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2019, 05:02:PM »
Nevill would have disarmed Jeremy, injured or not, he'd served in the war so I'm sure he'd have been used to surprises  and would also have landed him a punch or two----not forgetting that Nevill was a strong man.

Confronting a woman, his own daughter would have been a different scenario as I honestly don't think that Nevill would have realised that she'd carry out what she must have threatened beforehand as the shots were indiscriminate even at close quarters------the type of shots which weren't afforded to someone who was used to firing a rifle.

That's just wishful thinking Lookout.

Offline Adam

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2019, 05:03:PM »
save energy? That's laughable. This is a real life scenario. Nevill would have been going at Jeremy like the clappers. We're not playing grand theft auto.....

Still waiting for your Sheila scenario.

Do you believe Nevill would have followed Bamber downstairs. After he had been shot 4 times?
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2019, 05:06:PM »
Is anyone else getting a Service Unavailable error?

Offline lookout

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2019, 06:49:PM »
That's just wishful thinking Lookout.

Not really, it's my logic.

Offline lookout

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2019, 06:50:PM »
Is anyone else getting a Service Unavailable error?

Yes---503.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2019, 06:57:PM »

Yes---503.

Same here - seems to have been a server issue, lots of the photographs in the library are only showing a link and not the actual picture. I have informed the Host.