Author Topic: The ITV Drama  (Read 150369 times)

Offline lookout

Re: The ITV Drama
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2019, 12:30:PM »
Well the programme makers dressed Bamber & Julie in mirror image clothing at the funeral. Julie's hat even had a veil over it.

Hats like that aren't hard to come by. If you dress a lot of women and add a hat like that they'd look like JM but that's not to say that the face will be the same. They're only dressed to look the same, it's their faces that matter most----to me anyway, or I'll just be sitting telling myself it looks nothing like her/him. I'm a stickler for getting things right.

Offline Jane

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2019, 12:56:PM »

Hats like that aren't hard to come by. If you dress a lot of women and add a hat like that they'd look like JM but that's not to say that the face will be the same. They're only dressed to look the same, it's their faces that matter most----to me anyway, or I'll just be sitting telling myself it looks nothing like her/him. I'm a stickler for getting things right.

Some of our best actors look NOTHING like the person they're portraying, but they get the mannerisms SO exact that they become that person.

Offline lookout

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2019, 01:10:PM »

Some of our best actors look NOTHING like the person they're portraying, but they get the mannerisms SO exact that they become that person.

Difficult if you've never seen/met them. A person " performing " in public doesn't necessarily portray them in real life.

Offline lookout

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2019, 01:16:PM »
The closest is Helen Mirren as the Queen.

Offline Jane

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2019, 01:26:PM »

Difficult if you've never seen/met them. A person " performing " in public doesn't necessarily portray them in real life.

VERY difficult if the performer has never seen the private person.

Offline lookout

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2019, 01:52:PM »

VERY difficult if the performer has never seen the private person.

Very few would get to meet a private person.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2019, 09:56:PM »
Just seen the trailer for this, starts in January - looks good!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2019, 10:12:AM »
Just seen the trailer for this, starts in January - looks good!

Whatever Stephen Graham's starring in is good. It's just a pity he's got such a short appearance. I'm a bit miffed about that.

Offline lookout

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2019, 10:45:AM »
I still think this is going to be one-sided with CAL having met, in person, police and possibly relatives who are naturally going to say, or tell her that he's guilty. I don't believe that she ever went to see Jeremy as many authors like to gather information while studying a person face to face, especially as it's now being televised.
I trust the relatives would had been foretold of this " intrusion " on their part ?

Offline Adam

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2019, 12:19:PM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166636/amp/Bamber-slaughtered-family-25-bullets-told-girlfriend-s-going-years-investigation-leading-author-tell-exactly-happened-night-White-House-Farm-massacre.html&ved=2ahUKEwiO9ov_tJTmAhWTTxUIHcr9BaU4ChAWMAl6BAgDEAE&usg=AOvVaw2Y-8WUeMN9Ct9jkY-hbe-b

CAL is saying Bamber left Nevill in the bedroom & went to shoot the twins before re loading. Nevill following him into the kitchen.

Don't agree with that. Unless he was sure Nevill was dead. Which he certainly was not.

Nevill may have been staggering & on his knees. Bamber believing he was immobilised & no threat. So left Nevill & June. Nevill later making a final huge effort to negate Bamber in the kitchen.

This is also going against Julie's WS, who said the twins were shot first.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2019, 01:05:PM »
I still think this is going to be one-sided with CAL having met, in person, police and possibly relatives who are naturally going to say, or tell her that he's guilty. I don't believe that she ever went to see Jeremy as many authors like to gather information while studying a person face to face, especially as it's now being televised.
I trust the relatives would had been foretold of this " intrusion " on their part ?

She makes it clear that she never went to see him, there was no need to see or speak to him. She has letters from the man himself which are better than any notes she could have took. Daisy met him personally on several occasions and you weren't happy with what she had to say either. CAL's book is as accurate as anyone could be, it equals Wilkes in facts but goes much further and is the best book available about the case. Jeremy knew CAL was writing a book and he had his contribution.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2019, 01:20:PM »

Whatever Stephen Graham's starring in is good. It's just a pity he's got such a short appearance. I'm a bit miffed about that.

How do you know he had a short appearance? He's one of the stars and Taff Jones had a major part to play during the initial investigation. However, a minor detail but perhaps Mark Addy should have played Taff Jones and Stephen Graham, Stan Jones? Stan was younger than Taff - although both are really good actors. It's a great cast and from the trailer - it looks amazing.

HBO have bought the US rights so it will be shown there ext year too.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/hbo-max-takes-u-s-rights-to-stephen-graham-fronted-itv-crime-drama-white-house-farm-1202797078/

https://deadline.com/2019/11/hbo-max-takes-u-s-rights-to-stephen-graham-fronted-itv-crime-drama-white-house-farm-1202797078/

Offline Caroline

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2019, 01:23:PM »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166636/amp/Bamber-slaughtered-family-25-bullets-told-girlfriend-s-going-years-investigation-leading-author-tell-exactly-happened-night-White-House-Farm-massacre.html&ved=2ahUKEwiO9ov_tJTmAhWTTxUIHcr9BaU4ChAWMAl6BAgDEAE&usg=AOvVaw2Y-8WUeMN9Ct9jkY-hbe-b

CAL is saying Bamber left Nevill in the bedroom & went to shoot the twins before re loading. Nevill following him into the kitchen.

Don't agree with that. Unless he was sure Nevill was dead. Which he certainly was not.

Nevill may have been staggering & on his knees. Bamber believing he was immobilised & no threat. So left Nevill & June. Nevill later making a final huge effort to negate Bamber in the kitchen.

This is also going against Julie's WS, who said the twins were shot first.

That is just her scenario at the end, we all have one of those. However, the book itself is a goos account of the facts and certainly the best on the market.

Offline lookout

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2019, 02:12:PM »
How do you know he had a short appearance? He's one of the stars and Taff Jones had a major part to play during the initial investigation. However, a minor detail but perhaps Mark Addy should have played Taff Jones and Stephen Graham, Stan Jones? Stan was younger than Taff - although both are really good actors. It's a great cast and from the trailer - it looks amazing.

HBO have bought the US rights so it will be shown there ext year too.

Because of " Taff's " sudden  and untimely death he wasn't around to see or involve himself in any way, least of all at the most important part of the case, i.e. the trial.

Offline lookout

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2019, 02:21:PM »
I must admit to having very mixed feelings about the series. I don't know why but I feel uncomfortable about it.