Author Topic: The ITV Drama  (Read 150359 times)

Offline Adam

Re: The ITV Drama
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 10:04:AM »
Hopefully there will be a realistic reconstruction of Jeremy committing the massacre. The evidence is available.

Previous ones on documentaries have been lazy.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 10:25:AM »
If they are doing a 6 part drama, time can be spent on the massacre -

2 shots into the twins

9 shots into June & Neville

Kitchen fight - in detail.

4 shots into Nevill

2 shots into June

6 shots into the twins.

2 shots into Sheila.

---------

Reloads at appropriate times. The cycle ride, entrance, exit, back burns, coal scuttle lift & of course the silcencer removal should be included.

The programme makers have artistic licence on whether Sheila woke during the kitchen fight.

All not very pleasant, but assume it will go out after the watershed and their choice to create the series.

Offline lookout

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 11:21:AM »
Is this the one which was started last year ? When is it supposed to get an airing ?
I haven't yet looked at the link so I suppose it'll answer my questions.

Offline lookout

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 11:40:AM »
Just looked at the link to see it's the same producer and it begins early next year.
I also noticed that nobody committed themselves on who the killer was.
The only actor who I recognised is Stephen Graham ( my daughter has a selfie with him when he was filming Virtues, a brilliant series )

It all looks biased to me------again. Would JB's permission have to be granted ? Afterall, he is still alive !

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 11:55:AM »
I wonder if CC will include his remark about June ? I'll wonder about a lot of things which won't get a mention and it covers longer than a 6 part series. It's the lives of each individual which can't successfully be condensed without bias. The relatives for instance grannie's Will, the absence of DNA and forensic evidence, the backgrounds of all families. I'll be viewing with trepidation !   

Offline Caroline

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 01:02:PM »
I wonder if CC will include his remark about June ? I'll wonder about a lot of things which won't get a mention and it covers longer than a 6 part series. It's the lives of each individual which can't successfully be condensed without bias. The relatives for instance grannie's Will, the absence of DNA and forensic evidence, the backgrounds of all families. I'll be viewing with trepidation !

If it was coming from the side of innocence you wouldn’t have mentioned bias  ;D
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 01:03:PM »
My guess is that it will turn out to be a good drama, but based on very inadequate investigation that ignores or glosses over many areas of controversy, such as the details of Sheila's illness, and the loss or concealment of various original hand-written documents.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 01:05:PM »
My guess is that it will turn out to be a good drama, but based on very inadequate investigation that ignores or glosses over many areas of controversy, such as the details of Sheila's illness, and the loss or concealment of various original hand-written documents.

You can always send in a nit picking letter to points of view!

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 01:11:PM »

I can fully agree with you there Reader.

Offline lookout

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 01:15:PM »
What I found interesting was that there was no actual/written admission of JB's guilt ? Why's that ?
It doesn't seem enough that it states he was " convicted and imprisoned ?"

Normally at the end of such a sequence you have the final admittance and charge.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 01:19:PM »
What I found interesting was that there was no actual/written admission of JB's guilt ? Why's that ?
It doesn't seem enough that it states he was " convicted and imprisoned ?"

Normally at the end of such a sequence you have the final admittance and charge.

So someone is innocent if they don’t admit guilt? O.........k

Offline lookout

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 01:34:PM »
So someone is innocent if they don’t admit guilt? O.........k

I didn't say that ! I was on about the events which were written about the drama.

Offline lookout

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2019, 02:09:PM »
The courtroom should be interesting ! JM pretending to cry so that she doesn't have to answer any questions but crave sympathy instead. Then the relatives being ushered out because of outbursts. JB was the only one who remained calm because he was telling the truth.

Offline Adam

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 02:29:PM »

We have considered the potential impact that Action 94 might have had on the jury. We think it is wholly unrealistic to suggest that the jury might have been persuaded by it that there had not been a violent struggle in the kitchen.

Even if one discounts the evidence of the overturned stools and chairs and the broken sugar bowl, there was sufficient other evidence to suggest a violent struggle.

Mr Bamber's body lay across an overturned chair that can have had nothing to do with the actions of the TFG, the light fitting was broken, there were the injuries apart from the shot wounds to Mr Bamber, there was the piece broken off the rifle stock, there were score marks under the mantelpiece where it had been struck by the sound moderator attached to the rifle, and there was Mr Bamber's watch lying damaged under a rug on the other side of the room.

---------

This is a good section from the COA, for those that claim there was no kitchen fight & the raid team knocked things over. There is also of course Nevill's horrific injuries which have been posted earlier today. Doubt the qualified raid team knocked anything over.

Obviously such a violent fight could have only been between Bamber & Nevill.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 02:30:PM by Adam »