Author Topic: The ITV Drama  (Read 618 times)

Offline lookout

Re: The ITV Drama
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2019, 12:30:PM »
Well the programme makers dressed Bamber & Julie in mirror image clothing at the funeral. Julie's hat even had a veil over it.

Hats like that aren't hard to come by. If you dress a lot of women and add a hat like that they'd look like JM but that's not to say that the face will be the same. They're only dressed to look the same, it's their faces that matter most----to me anyway, or I'll just be sitting telling myself it looks nothing like her/him. I'm a stickler for getting things right.

Offline Jane

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2019, 12:56:PM »

Hats like that aren't hard to come by. If you dress a lot of women and add a hat like that they'd look like JM but that's not to say that the face will be the same. They're only dressed to look the same, it's their faces that matter most----to me anyway, or I'll just be sitting telling myself it looks nothing like her/him. I'm a stickler for getting things right.

Some of our best actors look NOTHING like the person they're portraying, but they get the mannerisms SO exact that they become that person.

Offline lookout

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2019, 01:10:PM »

Some of our best actors look NOTHING like the person they're portraying, but they get the mannerisms SO exact that they become that person.

Difficult if you've never seen/met them. A person " performing " in public doesn't necessarily portray them in real life.

Offline lookout

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2019, 01:16:PM »
The closest is Helen Mirren as the Queen.

Offline Jane

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2019, 01:26:PM »

Difficult if you've never seen/met them. A person " performing " in public doesn't necessarily portray them in real life.

VERY difficult if the performer has never seen the private person.

Offline lookout

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2019, 01:52:PM »

VERY difficult if the performer has never seen the private person.

Very few would get to meet a private person.