Author Topic: The real sequence of police phone calls.  (Read 8596 times)

Offline David1819

The real sequence of police phone calls.
« on: October 09, 2019, 06:08:PM »
3:22am Control room

JB: You’ve got to help me, my father has just phoned me saying ‘please come over, your
sister has gone crazy and has the gun’ then the phone went dead. My father sounded
terrified, I don’t think he was kidding.

West: Where does your father live?

JB: White House farm Tolleshunt D'arcy.

West: Does your sister have access to any guns?

JB: Yes my father has a collection of 12 bores and 4.10s and .22 rifles. Look my sister has a
history of mental illness. You’ve got to help me.

West: Hold the line please, I’ll contact our information room and find out where the nearest
unit is.

3:26am Information room

"I received a telephone call on the internal line. The officer at the other end announced
himself as PC 1990 at Chelmsford.

Mr Bamber was worried about a phone call that he had received from his father at
Tolleshunt D'arcy. I cannot remember the direct speech that was used but I was informed
that the telephone call had been received from Mr Bamber and that Mr Bamber's daughter
had gone berserk and had taken one of his guns and that the line had gone dead.

PC 1990 also informed me that Mr BAMBER Junior had stated that there was a collection of
guns at the house. I recorded these as being Shotguns and 410's."

3:30am Witham Police Station

"About 03:30 am I was on duty at Witham Police Station in company Police Sergeant 36
BEWS and Police Constable 1509 MYALL. when I received a message over my personal radio,
from Chelmsford Police Station to the effect that a telephone call had been received from a
Mr Jeremy BAMBER, who had said that he had received a telephone call from his father Mr
Neville BAMBER of "White House Farm" Tolleshunt D'Arcy, saying that his sister was going
berserk and that she had a gun."

3:34am Control room

West: Hello

JB: Christ. You took a long time

West: I have contacted my Information room and Witham Police Station and a car is on its way
to your father's address at Tolleshunt D'Arcy. What's your father’s telephone number?

JB: Maldon 860204

West: How old is your father?

JB: Sixty two

West: Do you know who’s in the house?

JB: My father obviously , my mother and Sheila. Look, when my father rang me he sounded
terrified, I don’t think he's kidding about. I tried ringing him back and I can't get any reply.

West: Will you go to the house and wait for the Police officers and liaise with them there?

JB: Shall I go now?

West: Yes, the car from Witham won't take long. Can I have your telephone number?
JB: Goldhanger 88645

3:39am (or 3:19am)

JB: There’s something wrong at home. I don’t know what to do

Julie: Go to bed. bye honey

JB: I love you lots

3:35 - CA07 leaves Witham
3:41 - Jeremy leaves his house
3:47 - CA07 drives past Jeremy.
3:48 - CA07 arrives at White House Farm. Average journey speed 48mph
3:49 - Jeremy arrives at White House Farm. Average journey speed 31mph

Offline Steve_uk

Re: The real sequence of police phone calls.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 07:43:PM »
3:22am Control room

JB: You’ve got to help me, my father has just phoned me saying ‘please come over, your
sister has gone crazy and has the gun’ then the phone went dead. My father sounded
terrified, I don’t think he was kidding.

West: Where does your father live?

JB: White House farm Tolleshunt D'arcy.

West: Does your sister have access to any guns?

JB: Yes my father has a collection of 12 bores and 4.10s and .22 rifles. Look my sister has a
history of mental illness. You’ve got to help me.

West: Hold the line please, I’ll contact our information room and find out where the nearest
unit is.

3:26am Information room

"I received a telephone call on the internal line. The officer at the other end announced
himself as PC 1990 at Chelmsford.

Mr Bamber was worried about a phone call that he had received from his father at
Tolleshunt D'arcy. I cannot remember the direct speech that was used but I was informed
that the telephone call had been received from Mr Bamber and that Mr Bamber's daughter
had gone berserk and had taken one of his guns and that the line had gone dead.

PC 1990 also informed me that Mr BAMBER Junior had stated that there was a collection of
guns at the house. I recorded these as being Shotguns and 410's."

3:30am Witham Police Station

"About 03:30 am I was on duty at Witham Police Station in company Police Sergeant 36
BEWS and Police Constable 1509 MYALL. when I received a message over my personal radio,
from Chelmsford Police Station to the effect that a telephone call had been received from a
Mr Jeremy BAMBER, who had said that he had received a telephone call from his father Mr
Neville BAMBER of "White House Farm" Tolleshunt D'Arcy, saying that his sister was going
berserk and that she had a gun."

3:34am Control room

West: Hello

JB: Christ. You took a long time

West: I have contacted my Information room and Witham Police Station and a car is on its way
to your father's address at Tolleshunt D'Arcy. What's your father’s telephone number?

JB: Maldon 860204

West: How old is your father?

JB: Sixty two

West: Do you know who’s in the house?

JB: My father obviously , my mother and Sheila. Look, when my father rang me he sounded
terrified, I don’t think he's kidding about. I tried ringing him back and I can't get any reply.

West: Will you go to the house and wait for the Police officers and liaise with them there?

JB: Shall I go now?

West: Yes, the car from Witham won't take long. Can I have your telephone number?
JB: Goldhanger 88645

3:39am (or 3:19am)

JB: There’s something wrong at home. I don’t know what to do

Julie: Go to bed. bye honey

JB: I love you lots

3:35 - CA07 leaves Witham
3:41 - Jeremy leaves his house
3:47 - CA07 drives past Jeremy.
3:48 - CA07 arrives at White House Farm. Average journey speed 48mph
3:49 - Jeremy arrives at White House Farm. Average journey speed 31mph

He admitted to telephoning Chelmsford Police after his telephone conversation with Julie (interview Chelmsford Police Station Sunday 8 September 1985).

Offline David1819

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 08:00:PM »
He admitted to telephoning Chelmsford Police after his telephone conversation with Julie (interview Chelmsford Police Station Sunday 8 September 1985).

I stated it could have happened either at 3:39am or 3:19am.

Its not safe to just assume his recollection in that one instance is correct.

Offline Jane

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 08:13:PM »
I stated it could have happened either at 3:39am or 3:19am.

Its not safe to just assume his recollection in that one instance is correct.

Odd though, that he can be SO vague about the times of calls on one hand, yet be absolutely certain about times on the other. He even told Julie how many minutes their late evening call had lasted.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:38:PM by Jane »

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 08:41:PM »

Odd though, that he can be SO vague about the times of calls on one hand, yet be absolutely certain about times on the other. He even told Julie how many minutes their call had lasted.

How many minutes did he say?
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Jane

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 08:51:PM »
How many minutes did he say?

Adam, I think? he said it was 11 minutes.

Offline David1819

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 08:53:PM »

Odd though, that he can be SO vague about the times of calls on one hand, yet be absolutely certain about times on the other. He even told Julie how many minutes their call had lasted.

Source?

Offline Jane

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 09:01:PM »

Offline David1819

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 09:38:PM »
According to Jeremy's first statement he called Julie at around 3:25am

From Julie's first statement. The call was around 3:30am

"The next time I heard from Jeremy was by telephone again at about 3.30 am on Wednesday morning the 7th August 1985. He sounded disjointed and worried and said words to the effect "There's something wrong at home" and he did not know what to do. He sounded odd. I told him to go to bed."

But she was going by Susan's digital clock. That was always running fast.

I have stayed with Susan at her previous' address at Caterham Road, Lewisham and I have also stayed with her at her present address. I can say that Susan has in her bedroom, ,a digital radio alarm clock which I can describe  as white in colour with a red display. She has had this clock in her bedroom at both the addresses I have been to.

I can say that Susan was always in the habit of having this clock displaying the time as ten minutes fast and on some occasions at least fifteen minutes fast. When I stayed at Susan's I would leave for work using the time displayed on her digital alarm clock to give me the time. As I don't wear a watch I would generally arrive at work earlier than I expected. It is for these reasons that I can say without any doubt that Susan's clock radio was fast as I have stated.

The person above assumes Susan deliberatley had the clock forward. However it sounds like a typical case of a cheap digital clock that is not well built for the UK mains frequency.

So the call may well could have been just before my 3:22am estimate of Jeremy calling the police. How long does it take to say "There’s something wrong at home. I don’t know what to do." then "Go to bed. bye honey"?

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 09:44:PM »
I'd be more worried if he had everything timed to the second !

Offline Caroline

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 09:46:PM »
Source?

Julie's handwritten statement (retyped by Hartley) - Page 12.

He timed the call at 17 minutes.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1647.msg50140.html#msg50140
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:47:PM by Caroline »
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 10:14:PM »
According to Jeremy's first statement he called Julie at around 3:25am

From Julie's first statement. The call was around 3:30am

"The next time I heard from Jeremy was by telephone again at about 3.30 am on Wednesday morning the 7th August 1985. He sounded disjointed and worried and said words to the effect "There's something wrong at home" and he did not know what to do. He sounded odd. I told him to go to bed."

But she was going by Susan's digital clock. That was always running fast.

I have stayed with Susan at her previous' address at Caterham Road, Lewisham and I have also stayed with her at her present address. I can say that Susan has in her bedroom, ,a digital radio alarm clock which I can describe  as white in colour with a red display. She has had this clock in her bedroom at both the addresses I have been to.

I can say that Susan was always in the habit of having this clock displaying the time as ten minutes fast and on some occasions at least fifteen minutes fast. When I stayed at Susan's I would leave for work using the time displayed on her digital alarm clock to give me the time. As I don't wear a watch I would generally arrive at work earlier than I expected. It is for these reasons that I can say without any doubt that Susan's clock radio was fast as I have stated.

The person above assumes Susan deliberatley had the clock forward. However it sounds like a typical case of a cheap digital clock that is not well built for the UK mains frequency.

So the call may well could have been just before my 3:22am estimate of Jeremy calling the police. How long does it take to say "There’s something wrong at home. I don’t know what to do." then "Go to bed. bye honey"?
A bit less than "All is going well.."

Offline David1819

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 10:37:PM »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 11:40:PM »
Tonight's the night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEn9bqOy7zw
This was contained within the first telephone call of the three, made within the space of a few hours. It's not like you to omit detail David: normally you wear us down with a superfluity of extraneous detail, or interpret documents which have come into your possession in what can only be described as a most unorthodox way.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 11:41:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 12:15:AM »
This was contained within the first telephone call of the three, made within the space of a few hours. It's not like you to omit detail David: normally you wear us down with a superfluity of extraneous detail, or interpret documents which have come into your possession in what can only be described as a most unorthodox way.
Strange really to pester his girlfriend with telephone calls, when he was later to claim under Police interrogation that their relationship had been cooling for months. Maybe it had cooled after she refused to back him when the realization came that he was guilty of mass murder..