Author Topic: The real sequence of police phone calls.  (Read 8735 times)

Offline notsure

Re: The real sequence of police phone calls.
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2019, 07:29:PM »
Just a quick question as I can’t find anything on it. Was there a recording of Jeremy’s call to the police? I know I should look harder but wondered if you knew thanks

Offline Caroline

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:PM »
we have no idea what nevile was or wasnt really like.

Of course we don't, but Jane does have friends who did know him and the very fact that he chose to be a magistrate, tells us that he had respect for the law and was interested in it.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:PM »
Just a quick question as I can’t find anything on it. Was there a recording of Jeremy’s call to the police? I know I should look harder but wondered if you knew thanks

No, because he didn't dial 999

Offline Jane

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2019, 07:32:PM »
nearly all of them have a vested intrest in painting a crtan picture of him.

But at least they're  talking about a person they knew as opposed to creating a character for a total stranger.

Offline lookout

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2019, 07:32:PM »

Taped recordings were allegedly destroyed.

Offline Jane

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2019, 07:36:PM »

Taped recordings were allegedly destroyed.

Alleged says so much, doesn't it.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2019, 07:40:PM »
There were no recordings Notsure.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2019, 07:55:PM »
The sad fact is that he wasn't allowed to work in a bar, but made to understand quite forcibly that he was expected to continue in farming by supporting his father. He was told to ditch Suzette, Julie was frowned upon too, though maybe by Boxing Day 1984 June had relented somewhat after her heartfelt talks with the vicar and she was afforded a modicum of pleasantry whenever she crossed the threshold of White House Farm.

However the gruesome truth remained that Jeremy was already plotting mass murder by this stage, his plans temporarily thwarted when Sheila cancelled the proposed Christmas visit. He was forced through the motions of farming to satisfy the terms of his father's will, gleaned when he stole the safe key (he accomplished a similar feat at Gresham's and of course the Osea Road burglary) and the cheques from his mother as supplementary income having dried up he became morose as London beckoned but was temporarily out of reach, until of course that final act of diablerie which resulted in the premature inheritance, part of which now being the Maida Vale flat, vacated by acts so wicked they remain beyond most human comprehension.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:56:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline lookout

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2019, 08:49:PM »
Ooops, I forgot that EP didn't record things like murders, they preferred to make things up as they went along by writing scribbled notes instead which were easier to edit.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2019, 08:53:PM »
Ooops, I forgot that EP didn't record things like murders, they preferred to make things up as they went along by writing scribbled notes instead which were easier to edit.

Like I said, Bamber's phone call wasn't recorded.

Offline Jane

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2019, 09:15:PM »
Like I said, Bamber's phone call wasn't recorded.

Of course, had he called 999 it would have been a different story. I suppose, as they were all dead anyway, he probably thought he'd best leave the emergency services to deal with real emergencies.

Offline David1819

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2019, 09:23:PM »

A while ago I read that calls back then were tape recorded. But after 30 days the cassette reels were re-used and thus old data was always overwritten by new calls.

That makes sense if there are none in this case. Because the police had no good reason to retain that data while they were not investigating JB. Neither did they need it later because no one disputed that call had taken place.

Not that it matters because. A) cassette reels are not timestamped and B) there was no call from Nevil.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:23:PM by David1819 »

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2019, 09:29:PM »
Of course, had he called 999 it would have been a different story. I suppose, as they were all dead anyway, he probably thought he'd best leave the emergency services to deal with real emergencies.

so he kills 5 members of his own family including 2  children in cold blood but he doesn't want to waste the time of the emegency services.

thats ratther considrate behavior for a mass killer.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:32:PM by nugnug »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2019, 10:04:PM »
so he kills 5 members of his own family including 2  children in cold blood but he doesn't want to waste the time of the emegency services.

thats ratther considrate behavior for a mass killer.

He knew there was no emergency - not anymore anyway.

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2019, 01:08:AM »
I think? he said it was 11 minutes.
He didn't say that. You're mistaken if you think you found that in the archives. Ann Eaton may have mentioned 10 or 11 minutes, but in relation to the response time of the police, not the length of the early morning call to Julie.

He timed the call at 17 minutes.
Julie's statement says he said that, but in relation to an earlier call, not the early morning call.