Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?  (Read 92118 times)

Online ILB

Re: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?
« Reply #945 on: November 09, 2019, 11:13:AM »
You sound as if you're trying to write a script that you find acceptable?
you are totally wrong
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #946 on: November 09, 2019, 11:25:AM »
I find that strange. I'm perfectly convinced that it wasn't part of the plan. I'm equally convinced that it didn't occur to him that he MIGHT have to shoot her twice. No, it wasn't FAR off but a miss, however near, is always as good as a mile. He MAY have experienced a moment of real panic. He couldn't have known, that it would become fatal, just not immediately so. But how long is a piece of string. In that moment, might he have envisaged her getting to a phone and raising the alarm? Might he have seen her making a full recovery? I doubt that even he could have stood by watching her die slowly.

It's strange that there were two bullets left isn't it?

I also don't think he thought he would have to shoot her twice, but then he'd never shot anyone before that night, so he probably didn't know exactly where to shoot her. That's why I don't read anything into it. The same applies if she shot herself. She wouldn't know where exactly to position the gun.

Online ILB

« Reply #947 on: November 09, 2019, 11:25:AM »
You clearly haven't read what I said. I reiterate. It's not possible to have 100% control of another person whilst the still have a window, however small, of personal choice. Moving, at that particular moment, MAY have been the last choice Sheila got to make. Without it, it's likely Jeremy would have been home and dry.
a gun pointed at her? In a confused state? The domineering confident Jeremy bamber telling her she was going to get blamed for this so she might as well just do as he said. She would have been helpless. Petrified. I think he'd have been easily able to deliver one fatal shot.
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Jane

« Reply #948 on: November 09, 2019, 11:43:AM »
a gun pointed at her? In a confused state? The domineering confident Jeremy bamber telling her she was going to get blamed for this so she might as well just do as he said. She would have been helpless. Petrified. I think he'd have been easily able to deliver one fatal shot.

I'm guessing, from how you write -think?- that there's no room in your life for any grey areas? I keep reading that "he/she/they WOULD/WOULDN'T have................." No wiggle room. No space for human error. No allowances. One expert witness makes the claim that Sheila COULD have moved after the first shot -although to be fair, he didn't say how far or how fast, and he didn't state which limbs she'd have used, OR whether it simply meant she could have moved her head slightly- Jeremy supporters have had her running up and down stairs and playing hide and seek with police on the back of this claim.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #949 on: November 09, 2019, 11:49:AM »
I think it would have been more important if Sheila couldn't have moved at all after the first shot - ie, if she had been unconscious. In that case she wouldn't have been able to fire the second shot. However, she was theoretically able to fire both shots, as was Jeremy (apparently), so is it relevant?

Online ILB

« Reply #950 on: November 09, 2019, 11:55:AM »

I'm guessing, from how you write -think?- that there's no room in your life for any grey areas? I keep reading that "he/she/they WOULD/WOULDN'T have................." No wiggle room. No space for human error. No allowances. One expert witness makes the claim that Sheila COULD have moved after the first shot -although to be fair, he didn't say how far or how fast, and he didn't state which limbs she'd have used, OR whether it simply meant she could have moved her head slightly- Jeremy supporters have had her running up and down stairs and playing hide and seek with police on the back of this claim.
I'm not saying Shelia played hide and seek. I don't champion jeremy Bambers innocence.

Offline Jane

« Reply #951 on: November 09, 2019, 12:11:PM »
I'm not saying Shelia played hide and seek. I don't champion jeremy Bambers innocence.

I didn't say YOU were. You have a very strange way of NOT championing JB's innocence. I doubt that anyone here, supporter or detractor, believes the investigation came high on the list of Essex Police's finest achievements, but their introduction to it was remarkably well thought through at the time, even though we can pick holes in it now. VERY cleverly, Jeremy had the information come from his well known and very well respected father, shifting away his own responsibility. All he had to do was embroider what his father had said, and making up anything, which suited his purpose, being said during the last meal he attended. Whilst individual members of the police clearly believed him guilty, it took a while for "top brass" to follow suit. Every day which passed was a day in Jeremy's favour because any evidence with might have been collected in the search you say SHOULD have been done, became lost or thrown away because they weren't thought to be necessary to the investigation.

Online ILB

« Reply #952 on: November 09, 2019, 12:46:PM »

I didn't say YOU were. You have a very strange way of NOT championing JB's innocence. I doubt that anyone here, supporter or detractor, believes the investigation came high on the list of Essex Police's finest achievements, but their introduction to it was remarkably well thought through at the time, even though we can pick holes in it now. VERY cleverly, Jeremy had the information come from his well known and very well respected father, shifting away his own responsibility. All he had to do was embroider what his father had said, and making up anything, which suited his purpose, being said during the last meal he attended. Whilst individual members of the police clearly believed him guilty, it took a while for "top brass" to follow suit. Every day which passed was a day in Jeremy's favour because any evidence with might have been collected in the search you say SHOULD have been done, became lost or thrown away because they weren't thought to be necessary to the investigation.
we've done this before. Say you are a police officer. And it doesn't matter if your conducting a thorough detailed search or whether you are just having " a nosey" what's one of the first places you would look in???
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 12:52:PM by ilovebooze »

Offline Jane

« Reply #953 on: November 09, 2019, 12:58:PM »
we've done this before. Say you are a police officer. And it doesn't matter if your conducting a thorough detailed search or whether you are just having " a nosey" what's one if the first places you would look in???

I don't imagine, even if the instruction had been "to have a nosy", that an understair wedge, which had nothing to do with where the murders occurred, would have been high on the list of priorities. There's also the point that it would have required a little more than a "nosy" to locate the silencer. I think there were probably more pressing things to do.

Offline lookout

« Reply #954 on: November 09, 2019, 01:33:PM »
It's strange that there were two bullets left isn't it?

I also don't think he thought he would have to shoot her twice, but then he'd never shot anyone before that night, so he probably didn't know exactly where to shoot her. That's why I don't read anything into it. The same applies if she shot herself. She wouldn't know where exactly to position the gun.

Kaldin, Jeremy wasn't that thick to realise that two bullets to the neck wouldn't have equated to suicide ?

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #955 on: November 09, 2019, 02:04:PM »

Kaldin, Jeremy wasn't that thick to realise that two bullets to the neck wouldn't have equated to suicide ?

I have no problem with two shots equating to suicide. I'm just commenting on the fact there were two bullets left - just enough to finish the job.

Offline Jane

« Reply #956 on: November 09, 2019, 02:15:PM »

Then he'd have, very quickly, had to come up with an alternative scenario. Not easy, given how long the first had been planned for. Thinking on his feet at that juncture -and making the right choice, given how long it took him to get round to calling the police- would have been beyond him.

Offline David1819

« Reply #957 on: November 09, 2019, 02:41:PM »
I have no problem with two shots equating to suicide. I'm just commenting on the fact there were two bullets left - just enough to finish the job.

If there were no bullets left prior, she would have simply reloaded the gun. If there was only one bullet left prior  she would have bled to death quickly from just the first shot.

Offline lookout

« Reply #958 on: November 09, 2019, 02:42:PM »

Then he'd have, very quickly, had to come up with an alternative scenario. Not easy, given how long the first had been planned for. Thinking on his feet at that juncture -and making the right choice, given how long it took him to get round to calling the police- would have been beyond him.

Considering the " thoughts " behind all this, it makes it nigh on impossible for him to have committed any crime let alone the murders of five people.

Offline Jane

« Reply #959 on: November 09, 2019, 02:53:PM »
If there were no bullets left prior, she would have simply reloaded the gun. If there was only one bullet left prior  she would have bled to death quickly from just the first shot.

Are you really suggesting, that with a bullet through her neck which had shattered two vertebrae she'd have been capable of executing such a task, especially as there's no proof of her knowing how.