Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?  (Read 92962 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?
« Reply #570 on: November 02, 2019, 10:10:PM »
no that's just a an opinion love.Il ask it again, by phoning the police how was Jeremy Bamber in control and capable of dealing it with by himself???

Well, 'pet' if Nevill didn't make any call to Jeremy, he was controlling the WHOLE process by using the call as his alibi. It's impossible for me to argue from the standpoint of Nevill calling because I don't believe he did. It's not difficult 'pet'.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #571 on: November 02, 2019, 10:13:PM »
Assuming Jeremy Bamber is guilty what difference would it make if there were all guns blazing? Whether it be the the full armed force or dads army in a Hillman avenger going to WHF, the same outcome inside the farm house would be discovered. How would he be able to ' control' things???

Well that depends when he shot them doesn't it? Have you read much about this case at all? He told police his sister was a nutter and that she knew how to use guns. It doesn't take a genius to work out that under those circumstances, unarmed officers would be unlikely to break their way in!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #572 on: November 02, 2019, 10:16:PM »
have you been in that situation or are you just stating an opinion? I'm not a gambling man but I'm inclined to go with the latter

I don't have to be in that situation to know what I would do - it's the easy option and passed the problem to people who are trained to deal with it. If it happened to you, you would just sit there for 26 minutes and ponder your navel?  ::)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:23:PM by Caroline »

Offline ILB

« Reply #573 on: November 02, 2019, 10:21:PM »
Well, 'pet' if Nevill didn't make any call to Jeremy, he was controlling the WHOLE process by using the call as his alibi. It's impossible for me to argue from the standpoint of Nevill calling because I don't believe he did. It's not difficult 'pet'.
but Ralph did phone the police didn't he??
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline Caroline

« Reply #574 on: November 02, 2019, 10:22:PM »
but Ralph did phone the police didn't he??

No!

Offline ILB

« Reply #575 on: November 02, 2019, 10:24:PM »
Well that depends when he shot them doesn't it? Have you read much about this case at all? He told police his sister was a nutter and that she knew how to use guns. It doesn't take a genius to work out that under those circumstances, unarmed officers would be unlikely to break their way in!

what relevance is this? How would he be helping himself. Even if guilty it would just be delaying the inevitable. Someone at some point would access the farmhouse whether it be all guns blazing or if it was pc heartbeat and co they would call the armed response unit. He wouldn't be controlling the situation would he.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:35:PM by Zoso »
If yesterday you hated me. Then today you can not stop the love that binds from me to you. And you to me

Offline ILB

« Reply #576 on: November 02, 2019, 10:39:PM »
why would he need to tell the police that his sister knew how to use guns if he already had rang them to say his father had just phoned him to say his sister had just gone crazy and has ' the gun'

Offline Caroline

« Reply #577 on: November 02, 2019, 10:40:PM »
what relevance is this? How would he be helping himself. Even if guilty it would just be delaying the inevitable. Someone at some point would access the farmhouse whether it be all guns blazing or if it was pc heartbeat and co they would call the armed response unit. He wouldn't be controlling the situation would he.

Firstly, I have edited your post to make it readable - you deleted one of the brackets that separates my quote from yours.

From Jeremy's report, no one had been shot, IF police entered a short while after and found all dead in such a short space of time, it would lead to suspicion.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #578 on: November 02, 2019, 10:43:PM »
why would he need to tell the police that his sister knew how to use guns if he already had rang them to say his father had just phoned him to say his sister had just gone crazy and has ' the gun'

I think it's quite obvious - it pushes the notion that not only has she got the gun, she knows how to use it.

Offline Jane

« Reply #579 on: November 02, 2019, 10:45:PM »

Perhaps it was because there's a dividing line between someone waving a gun about and having the ability to use one for the purpose for which it was made. Jeremy, having left them all dead, needed to impress on the police, whilst he had their full attention, that Sheila was gun competent, in order to plant the seed in their minds that she was capable of murder.

Offline ILB

« Reply #580 on: November 02, 2019, 10:53:PM »
Firstly, I have edited your post to make it readable - you deleted one of the brackets that separates my quote from yours.

From Jeremy's report, no one had been shot, IF police entered a short while after and found all dead in such a short space of time, it would lead to suspicion.
" your sister has gone crazy and has got the gun" the phone line went dead, whose to say no one had been injured or shot??

Offline ILB

« Reply #581 on: November 02, 2019, 10:56:PM »
I think it's quite obvious - it pushes the notion that not only has she got the gun, she knows how to use it.
she grew up in a farming household surrounded by men who habitually went off shooting game like any other adolescent growing up in a certain environment she would have picked up the basics. It's common sense and she went on shooting holidays and knew how to handle a gun

Offline Caroline

« Reply #582 on: November 02, 2019, 11:04:PM »
" your sister has gone crazy and has got the gun" the phone line went dead, whose to say no one had been injured or shot??

No one was shot, there was no phone call!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #583 on: November 02, 2019, 11:07:PM »
she grew up in a farming household surrounded by men who habitually went off shooting game like any other adolescent growing up in a certain environment she would have picked up the basics. It's common sense and she went on shooting holidays and knew how to handle a gun

She went on one and fired a shotgun into the air - once. That's it.

I live in a farming community, one of my neighbours is a an ex gamekeeper - his daughter has a farm and has never fired a gun - his son goes shooting regularly. Horses for courses - it wasn't Sheila's interest!

Offline Jane

« Reply #584 on: November 02, 2019, 11:07:PM »

Growing up with doesn't constitute joining in with. My friend's daughter lives on the farm owned and run by her grandparents, her late father, and now her brother. She has NEVER held a gun, neither, incidentally, has her son who lived with his grandparents until he was eight. These are generational farming people. Sheila was not. Another friend regularly went on shoots with her late husband. She once, very reluctantly, held a gun. She wouldn't have a clue how to load one.