Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?  (Read 92113 times)

Offline Jane

Re: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2019, 01:30:PM »

For the second time, Nevill rang 999.

Oh right. So NOW this HUGE frame up extends beyond the police, to the central call office where 999 calls go before being connected to the right emergency service.................ans are, incidentally, ALL recorded. WHAT would have been the reason to attempt to hide such a call? There was, allegedly, a victim of a potential crime on the end of the line.

Offline lookout

« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2019, 01:58:PM »

Oh right. So NOW this HUGE frame up extends beyond the police, to the central call office where 999 calls go before being connected to the right emergency service.................ans are, incidentally, ALL recorded. WHAT would have been the reason to attempt to hide such a call? There was, allegedly, a victim of a potential crime on the end of the line.

There were plenty of things that were kept hidden, like myriads of files and documents !

Anything recorded was wiped off the tapes----so we were told. Why ? Evidence was destroyed in the 90's. Why ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2019, 02:15:PM »

There were plenty of things that were kept hidden, like myriads of files and documents !

Anything recorded was wiped off the tapes----so we were told. Why ? Evidence was destroyed in the 90's. Why ?

"So we were told"!!!! By whom? -I'd like a penny for every time that's been said here- and who made the decision to 'hide' the "myriad of files and documents"? Rather stupid, don't you think when the convicted is doing everything in his power to prove it was a stitch-up? Much better, surely to destroy the whole lot, along with a few other, naturally, to allay suspicion?

Offline lookout

« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2019, 02:19:PM »

"So we were told"!!!! By whom? -I'd like a penny for every time that's been said here- and who made the decision to 'hide' the "myriad of files and documents"? Rather stupid, don't you think when the convicted is doing everything in his power to prove it was a stitch-up? Much better, surely to destroy the whole lot, along with a few other, naturally, to allay suspicion?

Don't worry, you'll be put out of your misery soon.

Offline Jane

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2019, 02:21:PM »

Don't worry, you'll be put out of your misery soon.

More likely, as previously, you'll be deeper in the mire of it. How many times is it that your hopes have been dashed?

Offline lookout

« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2019, 03:05:PM »

More likely, as previously, you'll be deeper in the mire of it. How many times is it that your hopes have been dashed?

The same number of times you have been hoping they are. I'm not in any mire either.

Offline Jane

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2019, 03:11:PM »

The same number of times you have been hoping they are. I'm not in any mire either.

Lookout, I'm no more bothered about you, than you say you are regarding Jeremy, ie you can turn your back on him any time. I'm only bothered that he remains where his crimes have led him.

Offline lookout

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2019, 03:33:PM »

Lookout, I'm no more bothered about you, than you say you are regarding Jeremy, ie you can turn your back on him any time. I'm only bothered that he remains where his crimes have led him.

Why ? What's it to you ? Why should it bother you ? You're not part of the family. In any case the last thing he'd want to do is meet that lot anyway.

Offline Jane

« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2019, 03:50:PM »

Why ? What's it to you ? Why should it bother you ? You're not part of the family. In any case the last thing he'd want to do is meet that lot anyway.

What's it to me? Interesting question, Lookout, and the right one. ONE of the reasons I believed he was innocent -and a very personal and emotional one- was because he was adopted. I simply couldn't bring myself to believe that someone who'd been adopted would do such a thing. It was probably one of the reasons I clung to my belief in his innocence for as long as I did. Once the suspicions crept in I found myself feeling very let down by him, and furious, too. It was rather a case of how DARE he! It doesn't matter HOW bad it gets, you don't kill them, you stay with it. I had to, why shouldn't you?

Offline lookout

« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2019, 04:16:PM »

What's it to me? Interesting question, Lookout, and the right one. ONE of the reasons I believed he was innocent -and a very personal and emotional one- was because he was adopted. I simply couldn't bring myself to believe that someone who'd been adopted would do such a thing. It was probably one of the reasons I clung to my belief in his innocence for as long as I did. Once the suspicions crept in I found myself feeling very let down by him, and furious, too. It was rather a case of how DARE he! It doesn't matter HOW bad it gets, you don't kill them, you stay with it. I had to, why shouldn't you?

I've been determined to see this through because of wrongful imprisonment and blame for something he didn't do. Adoptees don't kill unless they happen to be like Sheila had been from day one and that was passed around like a parcel after already suffering separation and attachment disorders. Even with June there was a steady stream of people who had to care for the baby Sheila when June was ill, then add together the way of life when she was growing up and all the rest of it into her teens and adulthood. Not exactly the life for a beautiful girl who got no encouragement from her mother then had the dirty done on her by her husband when they first married. Then her mental illness. It was never going to end well.

Offline Jane

« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2019, 04:59:PM »

I've been determined to see this through because of wrongful imprisonment and blame for something he didn't do. Adoptees don't kill unless they happen to be like Sheila had been from day one and that was passed around like a parcel after already suffering separation and attachment disorders. Even with June there was a steady stream of people who had to care for the baby Sheila when June was ill, then add together the way of life when she was growing up and all the rest of it into her teens and adulthood. Not exactly the life for a beautiful girl who got no encouragement from her mother then had the dirty done on her by her husband when they first married. Then her mental illness. It was never going to end well.

And all the time everyone's focus was on Sheila, Jeremy's needs were put on hold. Sheila got to choose what she did. Jeremy didn't -certainly he was allowed (took) a couple of years out, probably in the hope he'd have sown his wild ones and come back content with sewing domestic ones, but from then on, his life was planned- his future was the one they'd laid out for him, in farming. Someone less inclined towards farming might have been difficult to find but it seems not to have been noticed.

Going back to his childhood, no sooner had he been told of his adoption, than he was being sent away to boarding school. How much more proof did a small boy need to prove to him that he wasn't good enough to be kept at home. Interesting that by the time he realized there was no escape, he did everything  possible NOT to be there and by his own admission had only lived there for 3 months after his two years of globe trotting.

Whilst Sheila's problems were given expression, Jeremy was internalizing his. I wonder how often he voiced his dissatisfaction at Sheila's freedom to do what she wanted whilst he was chained to a job he wasn't suited to. For one with so much invested interest in him, I fail to see how you, too, can possibly overlook the damage inflicted on him, and your belief that he came out of it, unscathed and emotionally sound.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2019, 05:49:PM »

And all the time everyone's focus was on Sheila, Jeremy's needs were put on hold. Sheila got to choose what she did. Jeremy didn't -certainly he was allowed (took) a couple of years out, probably in the hope he'd have sown his wild ones and come back content with sewing domestic ones, but from then on, his life was planned- his future was the one they'd laid out for him, in farming. Someone less inclined towards farming might have been difficult to find but it seems not to have been noticed.

Going back to his childhood, no sooner had he been told of his adoption, than he was being sent away to boarding school. How much more proof did a small boy need to prove to him that he wasn't good enough to be kept at home. Interesting that by the time he realized there was no escape, he did everything  possible NOT to be there and by his own admission had only lived there for 3 months after his two years of globe trotting.

Whilst Sheila's problems were given expression, Jeremy was internalizing his. I wonder how often he voiced his dissatisfaction at Sheila's freedom to do what she wanted whilst he was chained to a job he wasn't suited to. For one with so much invested interest in him, I fail to see how you, too, can possibly overlook the damage inflicted on him, and your belief that he came out of it, unscathed and emotionally sound.
An incisive post Jane. If I may also speculate that he blamed his parents for Suzette's miscarriages, then to have to endure Sheila and her children-not one but two with such delightful personalities and looks it was just too much to bear. The remark she made that "all people must be killed" must have stuck in his mind, along with the rankling stipulation in Nevill's will that his son would only inherit if he was farming at the time of his death, the temptation was to finalize everything that one morning and move on.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 05:51:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline lookout

« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2019, 06:21:PM »
Jeremy wouldn't have known about the " all people are bad and should be killed " until after the tragedy when BW spoke to AE about it in the aftermath.

Offline Jane

« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2019, 06:35:PM »
An incisive post Jane. If I may also speculate that he blamed his parents for Suzette's miscarriages, then to have to endure Sheila and her children-not one but two with such delightful personalities and looks it was just too much to bear. The remark she made that "all people must be killed" must have stuck in his mind, along with the rankling stipulation in Nevill's will that his son would only inherit if he was farming at the time of his death, the temptation was to finalize everything that one morning and move on.

Thank-you, Steve. It's very possible he did. Once the floodgates of realization begin to open, there's no closing them and the way is clear for us to find a home for all our hurts and rejections. The message in Nevill's will couldn't have made it more clear to him that there actually WASN'T any inheritance for him. If he wanted it, he'd have to work for it. Naturally, Sheila, without lifting a finger, and the boys' futures had been catered for.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2019, 07:15:PM »
Jeremy wouldn't have known about the " all people are bad and should be killed " until after the tragedy when BW spoke to AE about it in the aftermath.
He was always snooping around. Of course Barbara Wilson would not have admitted it given the circumstances even if she had spilled the beans.