Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?  (Read 92114 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:PM »
I don't think so. According to Pc West, Jeremy told him that his father sounded terrified, but I don't think this was mentioned or alluded to in any way by Jeremy in his statements or interviews. However, I haven't checked whether any other police officer that Jeremy spoke to (at WHF, for example) said that Jeremy mentioned this to them.

Why does Jeremy have to 'allude' to it in his own statements etc.? We have West's statement that details what Jeremy said to him.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2019, 08:05:PM »
I believe he mentioned the time because of West and by the comments he made himself in his interview!
By "mentioned the time", do you mean that he mentioned or referred to how long he was on hold, as distinct from some other reference to time? Also, what specific comments that Jeremy made in his interview are you referring to?

Offline David1819

« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2019, 08:25:PM »
By "mentioned the time", do you mean that he mentioned or referred to how long he was on hold, as distinct from some other reference to time? Also, what specific comments that Jeremy made in his interview are you referring to?

If you look at all the evidence as a whole regarding the calls. He was on hold for about 8 minutes.

Whats the big deal?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2019, 09:12:PM »

Is this a serious question? I really couldn't have put what I meant in any more simple terms.

A. West reported that he complained about the time he was on the phone
B. AE made reference to him making reference to the time he was on the phone (or on hold) to West.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:17:PM by Caroline »

Offline lookout

« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2019, 04:03:PM »
Did anyone see the " stifled cry " from Prince Harry ? Well that's how I'd imagined JB to have been in the bedroom while talking to JM when cloth-ears said it sounded as though JB was laughing ? That man knew nothing !

Offline Caroline

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2019, 04:30:PM »
Did anyone see the " stifled cry " from Prince Harry ? Well that's how I'd imagined JB to have been in the bedroom while talking to JM when cloth-ears said it sounded as though JB was laughing ? That man knew nothing !

And again! You weren't there!

Offline Jane

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2019, 04:34:PM »

I think he's have needed to have been IN the room to have heard it if Jeremy had stifled anything the way PH did. Jeremy, away from public gaze, was perfectly free to express himself in the way he felt was appropriate.

Offline lookout

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2019, 04:49:PM »

I think he's have needed to have been IN the room to have heard it if Jeremy had stifled anything the way PH did. Jeremy, away from public gaze, was perfectly free to express himself in the way he felt was appropriate.

Men are known not to have the same " crying function " as women and do tend to cough to stifle their sorrow, whereas a woman can easily let the tears flow.

Offline Jane

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2019, 04:55:PM »

Men are known not to have the same " crying function " as women and do tend to cough to stifle their sorrow, whereas a woman can easily let the tears flow.

But, unlike PH, who, being in public with a big audience, simply put his head down and breathed deeply, Jeremy was in private and had no concerns about being witnessed.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2019, 05:47:PM »

Men have the same crying function because, they belong to the same species as 'women'. The rest, depends on the individual.  ::)

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2019, 05:59:PM »
If you look at all the evidence as a whole regarding the calls. He was on hold for about 8 minutes.
Pc West's evidence at trial indicates that it was less than 8 minutes, probably about 5 minutes. This fits with the other evidence if Jeremy got dressed before making his call to Pc West.

Offline Jane

« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2019, 06:03:PM »
Men have the same crying function because, they belong to the same species as 'women'. The rest, depends on the individual.  ::)

There's also the point that Jeremy didn't have the same levels of empathy as PH. 

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2019, 06:07:PM »
AE made reference to him making reference to the time he was on the phone (or on hold) to West.
I don't recall her doing that. What exactly did she state that you are referring to?

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2019, 06:15:PM »
Pc West's evidence at trial indicates that it was less than 8 minutes, probably about 5 minutes. This fits with the other evidence if Jeremy got dressed before making his call to Pc West.

This supports the fact that Jeremy made his call to the police at 3.36am, and not 3.26am..

If Jeremy was on the phone talking to the police for about 5 minutes or so, his call would have been terminated at about 3.41am, leaving him 7 minutes or so to get himself to the farmhouse, and arriving there by 3.48am..
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2019, 06:16:PM »
This supports the fact that Jeremy made his call to the police at 3.36am, and not 3.26am..

If Jeremy was on the phone talking to the police for about 5 minutes or so, his call would have been terminated at about 3.41am, leaving him 7 minutes or so to get himself to the farmhouse, and arriving there by 3.48am..

Which makes sense...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...