Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?  (Read 92098 times)

Offline Jane

Re: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2019, 02:28:PM »
Phones back then were operator operated and if the phone was left off the hook you'd hear the voice of the operator telling you to replace it so as long as that phone had been left that way the line remained open to the operator. If left long enough some phones would automatically put through an emergency call or would be disabled after a long drawn-out noise

I thought it had long been established that there wasn't a manual exchange in 1985. My great aunt lived in Tollesbury and I can recall that my mother could ask an operator to connect her with the Tollesbury number. After it went automatic, she couldn't manage it so I had to dial the number using the newly installed Maldon code which was, I believe, at the time, 1621 which has since been prefixed by 0.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2019, 02:55:PM »
refresh my memory how far is goldhanger from whf.

Offline Jane

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2019, 03:07:PM »
refresh my memory how far is goldhanger from whf.

By direct route or as the crow flies?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2019, 03:22:PM »

Then you obviously wouldn't be able to ring them back but it wouldn't stop you from replacing the receiver and ringing someone else. Because one number is unobtainable doesn't render your phone useless.

Because the receiver hadn't been replaced would have been the time that JB rang EP.

I have no idea Lookout - I'm going by what the expert said.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2019, 03:24:PM »
Phones back then were operator operated and if the phone was left off the hook you'd hear the voice of the operator telling you to replace it so as long as that phone had been left that way the line remained open to the operator. If left long enough some phones would automatically put through an emergency call or would be disabled after a long drawn-out noise

The exchange wasn't a maned exchange - no operator, just switches.

Offline David1819

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2019, 04:05:PM »
Is Bill going to bother to defend, recant or amend his claims?

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2019, 04:14:PM »
Is Bill going to bother to defend, recant or amend his claims?

bill didentmake them campaghn team did.

Offline David1819

« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2019, 04:57:PM »
bill didentmake them campaghn team did.

Bill claimed a "Now undisputed sequence" and "End of story - Jeremy Bamber is innocent."

Offline Caroline

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2019, 05:13:PM »
Bill claimed a "Now undisputed sequence" and "End of story - Jeremy Bamber is innocent."

The CT have been trawling this on Twitter - perhaps Bill is a member of the CT as he tends to post what they are currently promoting.

Offline David1819

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2019, 06:00:PM »
The CT have been trawling this on Twitter - perhaps Bill is a member of the CT as he tends to post what they are currently promoting.

Whatever the case may be. He has a lot of explaining to do.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2019, 07:27:PM »
Whatever the case may be. He has a lot of explaining to do.

Well, I wouldn't hold your breath. If he is in the CT (and personally, I believe he is or has connections to it), I don't think they like anyone to do any explaining - hence why they don't post here - although some are members.

Offline David1819

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2019, 07:49:PM »
Well, I wouldn't hold your breath. If he is in the CT (and personally, I believe he is or has connections to it), I don't think they like anyone to do any explaining - hence why they don't post here - although some are members.

The CTs objective is to spread whatever they believe in. That's what Twitter is good for.

If someone lacks in critical thinking skills, you cant really blame them for thinking two calls happened, because on the surface it does appear/seem that way.

Bill has posted his "undisputed sequence" on an open forum and left a lot of questions unanswered.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 07:50:PM by David1819 »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2019, 08:00:PM »
The CTs objective is to spread whatever they believe in. That's what Twitter is good for.

If someone lacks in critical thinking skills, you cant really blame them for thinking two calls happened, because on the surface it does appear/seem that way.

Bill has posted his "undisputed sequence" on an open forum and left a lot of questions unanswered.

I can understand someone new to the case thinking there were two calls - but it doesn't take long to unravel it. Most people thought that the 'supposed' newly discovered log was the one that seems to refer to Nevil but it was the log with Jeremy's details. In fact, I think it was The Daily Mail that published an article on the subject and confused the two logs. I can understand why someone reading that and being told that a 'new' log was discovered detailing a  call from Nevil, would buy into it.

How can something be 'undisputed' when it very much IS 'disputed'?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jane

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2019, 08:08:PM »

IF he knows the answers it will amuse him to keep people guessing by withholding the answers. If he doesn't know it likely that he's just parroting.

Offline David1819

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2019, 08:22:PM »

IF he knows the answers it will amuse him to keep people guessing by withholding the answers. If he doesn't know it likely that he's just parroting.

He could just say he was wrong.