Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?  (Read 92981 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Jeremy Bamber proven innocent?
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2019, 08:20:PM »
David can you remind us how long it took Jeremy Bamber in an emergency situation to telephone Police of any description from the time he purportedly received a call from his father requesting assistance?

If he called at 03:36, it took him 26 minutes.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2019, 08:30:PM »
It must be only me who imagines that JB had been " playing for time " while thinking the worst of what could be going on at WHF. He'd been scared ! This would have been the main reason for his dithering around and flicking through pages of the directory.

When such a call comes to you in the early hours it takes a few minutes to gather your senses and because JB had had a full day harvesting he'd have been dead beat and would have gone into a deep sleep.
I at least understand these things knowing that not everyone leaps around at that time of the morning. It would have taken time for his father's call to register with him as it's not every day someone gets such a call, and to try and get your head around that type of call which came " out of the blue " to JB would take some time to sink in---it would with anyone. I can understand his situation at the time getting a call like that when you least expect it.

Is there no understanding here of how the human body/mind reacts ??

Offline Jane

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2019, 08:35:PM »
If he called at 03:36, it took him 26 minutes.

So he left a man who sounded terrified alone with a girl who'd gone berserk and was brandishing a gun, whilst he idled away 26 minutes making abortive attempts at telephone calls to closed police stations. Let's face it. He actually did sweet FA.

Offline David1819

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2019, 08:38:PM »
Maybe Bill should put a timeline together like I have, using only quotes from the evidence.

Lets see how ALL the events transpire minute by minute.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:39:PM by David1819 »

Offline lookout

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2019, 08:43:PM »

So he left a man who sounded terrified alone with a girl who'd gone berserk and was brandishing a gun, whilst he idled away 26 minutes making abortive attempts at telephone calls to closed police stations. Let's face it. He actually did sweet FA.

Like I said, it's not the sort of call one would expect at that hour of the morning ! Or any time.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2019, 08:52:PM »
It must be only me who imagines that JB had been " playing for time " while thinking the worst of what could be going on at WHF. He'd been scared ! This would have been the main reason for his dithering around and flicking through pages of the directory.

When such a call comes to you in the early hours it takes a few minutes to gather your senses and because JB had had a full day harvesting he'd have been dead beat and would have gone into a deep sleep.
I at least understand these things knowing that not everyone leaps around at that time of the morning. It would have taken time for his father's call to register with him as it's not every day someone gets such a call, and to try and get your head around that type of call which came " out of the blue " to JB would take some time to sink in---it would with anyone. I can understand his situation at the time getting a call like that when you least expect it.

You make a good case lookout but it's the issue with the telephone directory which really implicates him because it shows his brain is functioning in his mendacious scenario and is not frozen by being overwhelmed.

Of course the real reason many of us suspect for the lapse of time was that he was busying himself with cleaning up and preparing himself for the reverberations of his actions.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:54:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Jane

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2019, 08:56:PM »

Like I said, it's not the sort of call one would expect at that hour of the morning ! Or any time.

No one ever said it was, but the juxtapositions of how he alleged his father sounded and the potential danger he was allegedly in, against Jeremy's casual attitude? D'you know, I can almost hear him humming as he turns the pages very slowly.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2019, 08:58:PM »
Maybe Bill should put a timeline together like I have, using only quotes from the evidence.

Lets see how ALL the events transpire minute by minute.

He'll have to wait until the CT comes up with one.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2019, 09:00:PM »

A few minutes? If we go by what the CT are suggesting - it took him 26 minutes!

Offline David1819

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2019, 09:05:PM »

The whole narrative of him taking to long to call the police is incorrect anyway. Because it implies that a call from WHF actually happened and the argument being the duration of time it took him to call the police is is suspicious. That's illogical because if the the call from Nevill happened it don't matter how long it took JB to call the police.

If the call from Nevil never happened. Then there was no reaction time. He created a time gap for no apparent reason. Because he could have made Nevill call happen when ever he wanted to say it happened. And the reason why would make no difference to the premise regardless.

Offline Jane

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2019, 09:06:PM »

But Lookout, according to what you've previously said, Jeremy was more than used to Sheila's little quirkies. I believe you've previously said he sometimes helped Nevill with her -although I could never work out when this might have been. It also remains that Jeremy had lived a very independent life and if rumours are true he wasn't too scared to nick watches when he was abroad. The Jeremy most people -well, those who knew him pre murders- certainly was neither a scaredy cat nor the wimp you portray him as being. He probably wasn't afraid of anything until the guilty verdict came back and the life sentence was passed.

Offline Jane

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2019, 09:08:PM »
The whole narrative of him taking to long to call the police is incorrect anyway. Because it implies that a call from WHF actually happened and the argument being the duration of time it took him to call the police is is suspicious. That's illogical because if the the call from Nevill happened it don't matter how long it took JB to call the police.

If the call from Nevil never happened. Then there was no reaction time. He created a time gap for no apparent reason. Because he could have made Nevill call happen when ever he wanted to say it happened. And the reason why would make no difference to the premise regardless.

I'm not so much putting importance on the length of time it took him to make the call, I'm talking about his lack of response to what were his father's alleged feelings. "He sounded terrified". Lookout has him as a quivering mess. I don't believe the call happened so Jeremy didn't need to try to work out what the appropriate responses would be to such a call which is probably why his statements regarding it are contradictory. I think you're correct in that he created a time gap for no reason and he wasn't entirely certain which was the best way to go about it. It's almost like having an almost empty car park. It takes longer to decide where is the best place to park than it does when there's only one parking space.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:17:PM by Jane »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2019, 09:13:PM »

He had to create the time gap because he was busy cleaning himself up, taking a shower and changing out of his clothes.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2019, 09:19:PM »

That's a  good point, however, before calling the police, he called Julie and he looked up the station number - those are the reasons for the time gap. Remember the initial time he gave for calling the police was much earlier than is being suggested here.

Of course he later realised that calling Julie first might sound odd, so he said he called her after - he also told me this (which I don't believe). Adding this to what the CT are claiming would extend the time even further.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2019, 09:22:PM »
He had to create the time gap because he was busy cleaning himself up, taking a shower and changing out of his clothes.

Yes, but he could have made the call after that - leaving no time gap. However, he called Julie and there were witnesses to that.